‹ Prequel: South Of Nowhere.

Waste Of Time.

nine.

We finished playing volleyball and laid on our towels. Alex poured everyone shots, handing me on in particular. He sat next to me, Jack on his other side. Zack was sitting on my other side, Rian on his other side.

I gulped down the clear liquour, setting the shot glass in the sand. Alex set his next to mine.

"What now?" I asked, looking at the boys.
"We could go swim." Alex wiggled his eyebrows.

Jack slapped his shoulder, they both made eyecontact. I stood up abrubtdly, backing away from them.

"No no." I said, waving my finger that them.
"Hey guys, I think Ellarie wants to swim!" Alex shouted.

Zack picked me up from behind, catching me off guard. He threw me over his shoulder, my stomach facing the sun. I hit him in the head repeatdly.

"LET ME DOWN!" I yelled. Jack grabbed my feet so I wouldn't kick Zack in the balls by accident. I kicked him in his chest, he didn't even faulter.

Alex laughed hysterically. Zack handed me over to Alex after I wouldn't stop hitting him in the head. We were edging closer to the waters. I could feel the coldness from twenty feet away. I pulled on Alex's hair.

"OW!" He shouted, glaring at me.
"Let me down!" I screeched for the second time.
"And why would I do that? Look how far we've come." He smirked, pointing at the water.
"I swear to god, I will kill you." I threatend.

"Ready?" Alex grinned at Jack, ignoring my threat.
"One..." Jack counted down. They began swinging me.
"Two." Alex continued.
"THREE!" They both shouted, throwing me into the water.

I screamed as if Michael Myers was running after me. I hit the bottom of the three foot standing water. I emerged, glaring at them. Alex and Jack were rolling around in the sand, laughing hysterically. I could see Rian and Zack laughing.

I ran out of the water running to Alex. I picked up his feet, dragging him to the water.

"I'm not afraid to get into the water." Alex taunted, smirking.

I dragged him in quickly. I heard him scream from under the water.

"THAT WAS FUCKING COLD!" He shouted, glaring at me.

I rested my hands on my hips, smiling at him.

"You're a bitch." He laughed, swinging his arm over my shoulder.
"I know." I nodded.

We walked back over to the towels. I wrapped myself in mine. Alex sat in front of me.

"Staring contest?" He challenged.
"GO!" I shouted, popping my eyes open.

We stared at eachother for a soild thirty seconds before Alex blinked.

"I win!" I sneered.
"I still win by default." Alex pursed his lips.
"Of course you do." I said sarcastically.
"Another round?" Alex asked.

I nodded.

"GO!" He shouted. I kept my eyes at the same level, it seemed easier to keep them open. Alex's face seemed to be getting closer to mine. Our noses were practically touching.

"Alex." I warned.
"Ellarie." He mocked.
"Alex, stop it." I snapped.
"What about last night?" Alex asked, pulling away.

He face softend.

"What about it? Spur of the moment." I said dryly.
"Ellarie, I love you. What I did in highschool was bullshit. I should have never done that."
"It was embarrassing." I added. "You made me look like a fool." I glared. "Plus, I don't know why you need me when you have hundreds of groupies dying to get with you." I snapped.

"Because, you're the only one that really matters." Alex said sincerely.

I rolled my eyes. The sun was starting to set and a breeze rolled by, giving me goosebumps.

"Lets pack up and head home." Zack said, folding up his towel.

I helped pick everything up. I took the towels and the vodka. Zack carried the cooler and boombox. And Alex got everything else. Jack opened the trunk and we shoved everything in. This time I got passenger seat. The three boys crammed in the back.

The drive home was awkward. Jack tried to start converstation, but it seems I struck a nerve with Alex. He tapped his fingers angrily against the steering wheel. He dropped off Zack, Rian and Jack.

He pulled into the driveway of my house.

"Did you really mean what you said?" I asked curiously.

Alex snapped his head in my direction.

"Of course I did." He said softly.

I pursed my lips and nodded. I didn't know what else to say. I opened up the car door, kissing Alex quickly. He smiled at me.

"See you tomorrow, El." Alex grinned.
"Bye Alex." I smiled sofly.
♠ ♠ ♠
blahblahbeglahdfkajsdf.
Who all is going to bamboozle?! I'm going! I'm so fucking excited. Fuck. Yes.
Oh yes, and I want a good amount of comments before I update again.
Tell me if it sucked. If you thought it was good. Whatever you thought it was.
Tell me. Write it in a comment.