No Music... Ever!

The Meeting of Miss Cool

Continuation of meeting them:

(Note from BJ: This is a diary I just looked back at what we already sent through time and what I'm about to send, and I got confused from the intro to this bit... I got lost in my own diary! Oh, I saw Dirnty's little entry... He's gonna get a 'tongue lashing' tonight! Hehe! And I read further on and he starts his own little diary entry. It's amazing what I didn't know.)

I decided to start a conversation, "First Green Day song you memorized?"

He looked at me relieved, "Basket Case, you?"

"Ha Ha You're Dead."

I laid down on the bed. I noticed he checked me out and I grinned to myself. I patted the bed beside me and he laid down beside me, I said, "Hey, does this count as one of those benefits?"

He grinned at me, "Definitely."

"So, whatcha wanna do? We got two hours."

He smiled, I melted, and he said, "Well, we could get to know each other better...and then who knows."

I put my arms behind my head, "You go first, ask me anything."

He looked me over, "Well, what's your favourite instrument?"

"Uh...Guitar."

He put his arms behind his head, "You go."

I looked at him and stared at his chest trying to think of something to say when I noticed he was moving his chest muscles. I looked at his face and he grinned at me, "Okay, do you like the way..." I had to phrase this right, even though we were breaking the law talking about music, some Green Dayists didn't like to break too many rules, "well, do you like the way the government is handling the music situation?"

He didn't even think about it, he just said, "Hell no!"

I had been thinking about this for a while, about striking back and trying to restore music, so I just asked, "You wanna do somethin' about it?" I would've asked other people I knew that played music, but they were all family and I didn't want to get them into trouble.

He looked me in the face, like he was trying to decide if I was being sincere and then said, "Yes, I do."

I looked at him, "Then we need a drummer."

We talked for an hour and a half, about potential drummers, but decided against them 'cause they were all family members we didn't want to get into trouble. He stayed over that night.

The next morning we went down to the basement and played a few songs. My mom came down and looked at us, "Had fun last night?"

Oh, no! My mom had this way of phrasing things so that they sounded dirty, but in reality she didn't mean them that way, I hope.

Then she looked at Dirnty, "So, did you please my daughter?"

Dirnty's eyes got wide and I literally fell over, hoping to hit something and not wake up, but all I hit was the hi-hat stand and it fell into the snare drum.
Dirnty looked at me and then my mom and decided to answer, "Uh...moaned all night?" His voice cracked halfway through his reply and it was a question more than a statement.

My mom took it as an answer and left. Dirnty looked at me and I was just lying there hoping he didn't run away. He didn't, he put down the bass he was playing and helped me up. I couldn't really look him in the eye, but he grabbed my chin and then kissed me. I fell backwards again, this time out cold.

(Since this is a journal I decided not to edit this out)

When I woke up we were still in the basement and my head was in his lap, he grinned down at me. I smiled back shyly.

Then he bit his bottom lip, "Um...I think that should be a...a one time thing."
I hope I didn't look too upset, I tried to hide it, but I don't think I succeeded, 'cause he said, "Well, I guess we could be friends with benefits."

I didn't want to be friends with benefits; I wanted him to love me, but whatever.

(I'm skipping ahead to a month later, we just played songs for a couple of weeks, Dirnty moved in with me and we still couldn't find a drummer.)

I was in the basement messing with the tuning on my bass and Dirnty came down the stairs. He looked at me and said, "You wanna go outside?"

I put down my bass and followed him outside. We sat there on the grass, looking out across the neighborhood. I looked at him questioningly and he just lay down on the grass, I started to lie beside him when he moved me so that my head rested on his stomach. Then he pointed at a cloud and said, "Look a rabbit!"
I grinned and pointed to another cloud, "Hey, it's an ice cream cone."

Then I heard a tapping and a sharp voice said, "What are you two doing?"
I sat up quickly and looked at a blonde haired girl who was tapping her foot on the pavement. I looked at her foot.

She looked down too and said, "I have a nervous twitch! That's all."

"Hey, you ever hear of Frank?"

She looked at me, "Wright III?"

I nodded. She looked at me like she was gonna jump on me and then said, "So, what were you two doing?"

Dirnty, who was still lying on the grass, said, "Pointing out the funny shaped white fluffy things in the sky. I think they're marshmallows."

I giggled, which I have a tendency of doing around him and only him. He pulled me back down and pointed out another cloud. The girl looked at us both and said, "Can we go inside? The Lookouts around here aren't too pretty."

I groaned and got up. Then helped Dirnty up.

We all marched inside, my mom looked at us, "Hi, I'm Billie Joe's mom, you must be their new drummer."

The girl looked at Dirnty, "BJ?"

I waved my hand up and down, and said, "No, I'm BJ, this is Dirnty and you are?"
The girl grinned, "Miss Cool. Or *** but call me Miss Cool."

"You can be our drummer?" Dirnty looked at her.

"Hell, yeah! I'm a Tréist born and bred, whoo!!"

She was something alright, "Okay, let's go give you a try." We led her to the basement and she sat down in front of the drum set. I picked up my guitar and Dirnty picked up his bass. I hit the first chords to Sassafras Roots and then she started playing. She was good, really good.

Dirnty here, well I'm gonna start writing my own journal. Here's the general summary on how I've felt on the past few weeks:

I can't believe that I met a Dirntist on the street (She's right it does sound like dentist) I think I love her...but that can't be true, can it? I mean, she likes me... but then again she doesn't know I'm reading her diary or adding little comments and well starting my own diary/journal thing.

I started reading her diary when I saw her typing in it a week ago... I knew she liked me, but not like that, well I kind of did know, just kind of though. But I do like her, but it's too dangerous to love her. If this actually works out and we restore music, then I can love her.

I don't know about this friends with benefits thing... I don't know what'll happen. I don't like not knowing things. I don't know if we'll succeed with the music. We could go forward in time, but that doesn't tell us much, it just tells us what's probably going to happen.

I remember a week ago I woke up sweating and BJ woke up beside me and looked at me, yes we do sleep together, but nothing but sleep (so far). She looked at me and I couldn't look her in the eye and I had to run to the bathroom.

I had one helluva dream. It was about BJ. If she's as good as she was in my dream... damn! Er... I... Oh, man. Why do I feel awkward typing this in a journal? Why am I asking this journal questions?

I'm a dork! I'm asking my journal questions, I love my guitarist, I don't have any idea what's going to happen when we actually play a show (but that part sounds kind of fun) and I have no idea what to do if she finds this... Oh, well I gotta go. I've whined enough for today.