The Exchange Student

Burning Up In Smoke

I was back-stage, watching Kevin, Joe, and Nick sound-check the stage.

From what I could hear, they sounded great.

"They don't need sound-checks. They are great." I stated, and Christina looked at me.

"They need these sound-checks so if something happens when they do a concert, they can test it."

I nodded, and continued to look out on stage.

Right now, they were setting up to do "Paranoid", and while it was a little different than their other singles, it was still one of my favorite songs.

"It'd be really bad if something were to happen while they did the concert."

I tore my gaze away from the boys to Greta, who was perched on the arm of the couch where Alysa, Christina, and Danielle were sitting.

Alysa looked at her.

"Well, something did happen on their last tour...apparently, someone tried to be funny, and sound off the fire alarm. Everyone got outside, and when the fire-trucks came, everyone knew it was some sort of prank."

I rolled my eyes.

"That's mean." I explained.

Alysa nodded, and the guys came back stage.

"How did you guys like the pre-show?" Joe asked, and we all nodded.

"It was great." I stated, and the guys hung back here until it was time to do the concert.

And let me tell you:

If you ever been to one (I'm pretty sure most of you have), it is absolutely crazy.

Girls of all ages were packed into the stadium (it was big enough to hold them all), and it was very loud.

To say the least, this was by far the best concert I have ever been too (and pretty much my first as well).

Everyone was enjoying themselves at the concert, and that was when an annoying beeping sound filled the air, and cut the guys off.

"Oh, don't tell me this is happening again!" groaned Alysa, and I saw Joe speak into the microphone.

"Okay, everyone, just like last time: out into the parking lot, single file. Don't panic, and single file..."

Me, Alysa, Christina, and Danielle followed orders until I remembered I forgot something in one of the spare dressing rooms.

"Hold on, I need to go get something." I told Alysa, and Alysa looked at me.

"Ishani--" Alysa started to say, but I ran back-stage towards the dressing rooms.

Once I found what I was looking for (a jacket), I walked back to the door, but it seemed stuck.

I tried jiggling the door handle, but I stepped back:

The handle seemed warm, and that's when I noticed smoke under the door.

"Please don't let it be fire, please don't let it be fire..." I chanted silently to myself, but to my horror, I was right:

Outside, I heard fire crackling, and loud noises.

I paced back and forth, trying to find a vent of some kind, but I couldn't find an escape.

Suddenly, the door fell down, and I inched out of it's way.

I felt someone pick me up, but I couldn't tell if it was a guy or girl.

Fire proceeded to catch things on fire, and I closed my eyes.

My rescuer uttered a startled cry, and fell to the ground.

I was released, and I just sat there, panicking.

"There they are!"

"Let's get them out right away!"

All I could remember was the lone figure before blacking out.....
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another chapter! Intense, isn't it? Enjoy, and happy reading!