Status: it's moving along but slowly

Consequences of Being The Daughter of an EX-Professional

Garry

I was shocked. That this boy had spoken to me. ME. Of all people. Thought I have to admit I’ve never seen him around here before.
“Who are you?” I asked maybe a little too harshly. The trees were casting a beautiful setting that I loved watching like my mother and father.
“Um I moved houses recently and I, well my name is Garry.” He fumbled over his words; I found it kind of cute. His eyes were a light blue and his pupil almost looked dark blue. “Well Gary my name is Marina Kenskie. And I live about a block away from here.” I smiled at him trying not to make myself look like a complete fool in front of the perfect stranger “And how old are you?” I asked smiling up at the remarkably hot boy standing in front of me.
“15 next month.” He answered shyly and sat himself in the swing next to mine. “and how old are you?” I smiled at the boy and answered his question. We talked for quite a while. He was first person in a while that took an interest in me. I’ve had many friends, but friends come and go. They like me and then they don’t because I’m not cool enough for them.

But there was something different about Garry. He seemed interested in everything I talked about. And trust me I talked about a lot. I know I had only just met him but it felt nice having someone who would listen to me. It felt nice knowing that maybe I could trust him.
“It’s about time I go home. My mum is probably asking where I am. I’m sorry, maybe if you meet me here tomorrow?” I asked hoping that he would agree to meet me again.
“Sure, I’ll walk you to the end of the street, or how ever far we get.” He smiled a toothy smile and held his hand out to pull me out of the swing. We walked all the way to my house and he was still with me. I frowned at him and asked where he lived. I found it a little strange that he lived in the same street as me. I shrugged it off and walked into my house waving goodbye to my new friend. I intended of finding out why he was so strange.

When I walked in mom was sitting on the couch looking at the TV blankly.
“I’m home, what is for dinner?” I pipped and skipped into the kitchen
“Just pasta, Marina” Dad groaned, he hated the stuff. Well he’d grown to hate it.
“WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT JUST PASTA?” I yelled wide eyed. “Pasta is awesome and you know it.” I smiled widely and dug into my bowl.
“I’d rather something else.” He laughed at me. I looked up at him, my cheeks full of pasta.
“What I’m starving?” I questioned with my mouth full.
“Marina Renee, you know better than to talk with your mouth full!” my mother scolded. By this time dad was on the ground laughing. “Harry get up, you should encourage that.”
“But she looked like someone off a TV show, it was funny.” He pouted. I smiled and swallowed imagining them in their teenage years. I bet they would have made a cute couple.

After our little incident we ate dinner and talked about my new friend. oh how that was an interesting conversation.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so it's been ages. i know I'M SORRY, i've had writers block and haven't even thought about this for a while now. but i will start writing again. i know where i want this to go so hopefully i will update more often.

Cass