Status: Updated As Soon As I Get Free Time...

Destiny

The Plan

Owen sat on the ground and motioned me to do the same.
The ground was hard when I sat down. Owen started by saying, “I guess I should tell you some history so you know what this is all about.” He stared into my eyes for a moment and I nodded for him to start.
“Ages ago when the Witches and Sorcerers ruled this land, they thought no harm would ever be done to destroy what they had made. What they didn’t expect was that they were wrong. As the stories tell, there was a man with supernatural powers that managed to get to this world; he was said to be the first of a human kind to step foot here. It was a human that brutally murdered the Witch Mother. He took her place as keeper of the ‘Coven’.
“Whenever a Witch or Sorcerer didn’t obey the keeper, he would either slay them or make them his own.
“Time came when the rest of the Coven decided they didn’t want their race to be exterminated so they made a break for it. Having succeeded in their runaway, they knew they weren’t safe and out of harms way quite yet. They would be hunted and killed.
“As the full moon rose high that night, they were the prey. Many of the runaway’s were caught and killed -all but four- the fate of history and the future was now in their hands. If the night was not on their side that night then there would be no such thing as Witches and Sorcerers.
“For many nights, without rest, the four kept running and searching for safety. It is not exactly known how long they eventually found a place on the other side of the forest. As soon as they built the safe shield they went back to hunt the hunter; there were no survivors.
“In conclusion to that, it seemed like the Witches and Sorcerers had vanished, and the forest was cursed, for whoever stepped inside would never be seen or heard of again.
“Even though we’ve been hiding this whole time, we still receive the news of the Vampires, though it is not my place to state how; that is how we found out about you. As soon as you were born the plans were already being made. The only problem was getting you into the forest. After you were in, thanks to the Xavenerians, the rest was easy.
“We knew that one day you would have to enter the forest since both Vampires and Xavenerians are fighting over you. Then we started thinking of how we could benefit from all of this. Since it was a Vampire that took away our freedom and lifestyle, why not it be a Vampire to give that all back to us?
“We’re not asking you to go against your kind just to make us happy, but to finally be free. For your benefit, no one would fight over who should have you more. For us, so that we can finally come out of hiding, and live without being afraid that one day we will be no more.
“Lets face it, the Vampires will outlive the Witches and Sorcerers by millenniums, they aren’t quite as immortal.” Owen managed to smile, but I got the irony. He wasn’t a Sorcerer, but he cared about them.
His face softened and when he spoke the words seemed to echo, “Violet, you are the plan, the heir of peace between Witches and Vampires.”