Status: In the making.

One and Only

Surprise, Surprise

The twins found their way to their destination just fine after their little 'incident'. The large sign exclaiming OFFICE on the colassal mahogany door helped a bit. Jami pulled the gold tinted bar of a handle back and slowly entered. Jesi, clueless on what to do, followed.

A long counter scattered with multiple stacks of green, white, and pink papers and a bowl of what seemed like fat free candies inhabited most of the room. Three middle-aged women sat behind it. One talking on a curly wired telephone, another typing rapidly on a computer keyboard, the other punching a few buttons in on a copy machine.

"I'll be right with you," the lady on the computer assured. She typed a few more sentences, then sent whatever email she was writing. She stood up and leaned over the counter. "What can I do for you girls?" Red hair bounced with each syllable.

The girls traded stares. They hadn't transfered schools before, therefore knowing what to do was a mystery.

"Are you new here?"

Glad for the correct guess, the shorter twin spoke up,"Yeah, um, we're Jami and Jesi Catrell. We moved here last week. Our, uh, parents told us we needed to come to the office to get set up and stuff our first day.." An embarrassed laugh ended Jami's explanation.

"Gotcha. Give me one second so I can go get your schedules and Mrs. Leonard, the principal. She's going to explain a few things to you before you set out on your day. So, take a seat over there, and I'll be right back." The redheaded secretary pointed to a section of navy blue leather chairs then disappeared behind a door labeled PRINCIPAL LEONARD.

The girls did as they were told, each one fidgeting in some manner. Meeting new people, especially ones that had power of some sort, was definitely something they did not do a great job doing. This was going to be awkward.

Two minutes passed on the clock until Mrs. Leonard and the secretary, with a tiny stack of white papers in hand, appeared from the doorway and walked out from behind the counter. Both women had uplifting smiles curved on their faces. Jesi and Jami stood up, feeling it was the appropriate thing to do.

"Hello, girls." A manicured hand extended from a tall, curvy figure. Each twin took turns lightly shaking it. "Im Mrs. Leonard, the principal here at Westlake High. I've been quite excited to meet you. I understand you just moved here from Illinois."

"Yes, ma'am. We've been wanting to meet you, too.." Jesi had to admit to herself, what she just said was a total lie.

A faint nasal laugh came from their new principal. "Oh, that's nice to hear. You'll find your time here most likely very enjoyable once you learn the system. We do some things here at WHS a little different than most schools elsewhere. For example, during lunchtime, we scan IDs, which you'll be recieving after we take your pictures, to pay for your food. All you have to do is bring in money to our lovely secretaries to put on your own account, then you'll be set."

Whoa, hoa, ho. Was complexity this school's thing or something? The twins nodded, but didnt really understand anything the woman just said.

"Here's your schedules, girls. I'm Ms. Rohanski, by the way," the redheaded secretary handed them a piece of paper each. Their full names, birthdates, grades, and a list of room numbers, teacher names, and subjects filled up the paper. "Oh, and here is a map of the school and a pamphlet of rules, which your parents will have to sign and return." More papers were given.

Mrs. Leonard stepped behind the counter and pressed a button on some sort of machine. A loud beep pierced throughout the room. "Miss Greene?"

"Yes?" A muffled voice blared from a speaker.

"Could you send down a couple reliable students when homeroom is over? I need them to assist some new arrivals."

"No problem, Rachel. They'll be down by eight-twenty."

"Thank you."

Another loud beep sounded, signifying the conversation was over. Mrs. Leonard made her way back to the orientation/meeting. "I believe having a guide for the both of you will make today easier for you. They should be arriving in ten minutes or so."

Both girls mumbled a 'thank you' to be polite. Jesi stared at her schedule. It seemed like complete jibberish.

The principal must have saw her cluelessness. "Im sorry, I forgot to go over your schedules with you. Um, let me see. Your first five classes are core classes, such as algebra, World History, and English. Then, all freshmen have lunch sixth hour. After that, extra curricular and other classes take place. Each period lasts forty-two minutes, and you'll have a two minute passing time after each one. Every two classes, you'll have seven minutes to go to your lockers and switch out books or go to the bathroom. Foreign language classes are always eighth period, which we still have to sign you up for. We supply lessons on French, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, German, and Italian. What would you like to learn?"

Jami was the first to answer, and very high spirited while doing so. "German, please, Mrs. Leonard!" She had been obsessed with Germany since she was in the sixth grade. Her sister already knew what she was going to choose before she even answered.

"What about you, Jesi?"

"I'll take German, too, I guess. Sounds good." Truthful reason why Jesi decided to take it: Jami already knew halfway how to speak it, and Jesi knew her twin would give her answers on assignments if she didn't understand.

"Okie dokie, then. I'll notify Miss Haug, our Deutsch instructor. I'm sure she'll be glad to accept you two into her class."

A loud bell rang all across the school, a clear warning for all students to get to their homeroom classes to take attendance.

"Please take a seat, girls. Your guides should be here in no more than ten minutes. When they get here, you're free to go. I'll have Ms. Rohanski write you all late passes. If you have any questions, just ask her or feel free to come see during your free period or after school." Another smile and wave took place, then Mrs. Leonard and Ms. Rohanski returned to their normal places.

Jesi and Jami sat down once more and stared at their schedules.

WESTLAKE HIGH SCHOOL 2009-2010 SCHOOL YEAR

CATRELL, JESI G.
DOB: 06-09-1995
FRESHMAN, NINTH GRADE

PERIOD| SUBJECT | ROOM | EDUCATOR
HOMEROOM | 132 |CRAIG, LINDA
FIRST |BIOLOGY CELL 211 |STEINH AUER, CHRISTOPHER
SECOND ALGEBRA 1A |202 |RICHARDSON, MARYANNE
THIRD |COMPUTER BASICS| 212 |CONNOLY, LISA
FOURTH |WORLD HISTORY |217 |LAUREL, DEAN
FIFTH |PHYS. EDUCATION |203/GYM |CHURCH, VERONICA
SIXTH |LUNCH
SEVENTH |HOME ECONOMICS |310 |GRISTLEMEYER, SALLY
EIGHTH| FOREIGN LANGUAGE| 226 |HAUG, PAMELA
NINTH |STUDY HALL |132 |CRAIG, LINDA

LOCKER NUMBER 542 [06-42-05]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

WESTLAKE HIGH SCHOOL 2009-2010 SCHOOL YEAR

CATRELL, JAMI L.
DOB: 06-09-1995
FRESHMAN, NINTH GRADE

PERIOD| SUBJECT | ROOM | EDUCATOR
HOMEROOM | 217 |LAUREL, DEAN
FIRST | ALGEBRA 1A |215 |BENSON, ANDREW
SECOND| COMPUTER BASICS |212 | CONNOLY, LISA
THIRD |PHYS. EDUCATION| 203/GYM |O'NEIL, JARROD
FOURTH| BIOLOGY CELL |211 | STEINHAUER, CHRISTOPHER
FIFTH | WORLD HISTORY |217 | LAUREL, DEAN
SIXTH |LUNCH
SEVENTH |HOME ECONOMICS| 307 | CARSON, LORIE
EIGHTH| FOREIGN LANGUAGE| 226 | HAUG, PAMELA
NINTH | STUDY HALL | 132 | CRAIG, LINDA

LOCKER NUMBER 483 [15-24-36]

Before the twins knew it, the last ten minutes of homeroom period were over. Another loud bell rang, and the office door swung open. The girls didn't even bother looking to see who it was. They were too glued to eachother's schedules.

"Can I help you, sweetie?," Ms. Rohanski asked.

Two sets of footsteps tapped across the hardwood floor. "Yeah. Miss Greene sent us here; Mrs. Leonard requested us or something..?"

Jesi knew that voice all too well. It was raspy and childish, yet sophisticated and calm. She and her sister glanced up. Of course, who else could it have been besides Skateboard Kid? Along with his trusty sidekick, Chaz.

"Oh, yes. Uh, Mrs. Leonard needed two guides for our new students." The two boys turned their heads to see who exactley their 'new' classmates were. Toothy grins of excitement were the results. "You'll be showing them around and explaining our ways for the rest of this week, or until they get comfortable being on their own. Sound okay?"

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle. "Yes, ma'am."

"Here's your hall and late passes. Girls, yours are right here. Have a nice day."

Jami and Jesi walked across to the counter, each picking up a pink and pale yellow ticket with Mrs. Leonard's signature stretching across the bottoms.

"You girls ready?," Chaz questioned, a hint of amusement in his voice.

He recieved two shy nods in return. The quad then made their way to the gigantic plank-like door and shoved it open.

"You kids stay out of trouble, now."
♠ ♠ ♠
Buhuahahah. Hexy, I need to talk to you. If you read this..