Status: Finished.

I Don't Like Your Boyfriend

Hot, Sweaty

For the second time I walked into art class with a grin on my face that practically screamed ‘I had sex’. I didn’t care. I sat down and the teacher started the lesson for today. Instead of taking notes I doodled and did random things. When class was almost over I finally looked around and saw that Antonio was giving me a hard look. I mouthed ‘What’ and he looked away looking angry.

I shrugged it off and when the bell rang I got up and put the things in my bag. Antonio was gone before I blinked. He was really pissed. I went to my English Lit. Today we were going to stay off Shakespeare and start reading ‘A Scarlet Letter’ by Nathan Hawthorne.

I zoned off because I’m not really interested in that. I was a lot happier when lunch came around. Lora and Antonio were together a couple of feet away and Luke was by himself. Sterling was… nowhere to be seen. I looked all around the cafeteria and didn’t see him.

I glanced at Cruella’s table and didn’t see her either. Havel was with a bunch of jock guys and that was it. I didn’t let my mind think he might be with her. I sat down with my tray of food in front of Luke. He looked away from his book and gave a hard stare.

“Before--”

“You ditched… again.” Luke said.

“Come on, Luke, what could’ve I possibly missed in Anatomy and Government? Surely not learning because I don’t pay attention.”

“We have a test for Government and in Anatomy he gave a pop quiz worth fifty points, Ed.”

“Oh, fudgers…” I sort of cursed.

“He already hates your guts and now he’s not gonna let you make up those points and the quarter semester is almost over and grades are going to be sent.” Luke said speaking of Mr. Sonyo.

“Right, Sterling and I just needed some time alone. But it won’t happen again… I promise.” I gave him a cute smile and he sighed and shook his head. “I’m sorry.”

“I just want you to do good, Ed. You’re smart you’re just--”

“Lazy, I know.”

“Distracted.” He finished which surprised me.

“Distracted? How?”

He gave me a ‘you know what’ look.

“You know. Now, I’ll let you copy the notes you missed in Government.”

I smiled. “What would I do without you?” I pinched his cheek and he smacked my hand away.

I laughed and then pouted my lips.

“You’re such a child.” He rolled his eyes.

Finally Sterling came and sat next to me. I kissed his cheek. “Where were you?”

“I had to go stay after class for a while.” He said but not looking at me and he usually looked at me, not to sound bitchy or anything but he always looks at me.

“Oh, cool.” I said shrugging the bad feeling off.

Lora and Antonio decided to join us by sitting across from Sterling and I.

“I need to get myself a girlfriend.” Luke muttered.

“I can set you up with someone.” Sterling said.

Luke shook his head. “The girls you know are like Havel… no thank you.”

“Hey.” I said. “I’m not like Havel.”

“You know what I mean, Ed, girls that are rich or stuck up.”

“Oh, okay.” I grinned.

“Ed,” Sterling said, “I have to go straight home today after school.”

“Yeah, no prob.” I smiled.

“Do you have a ride to work?” He asked.

“Yuppers.” I pointed to Luke who was reading again.

“Okay.” He pecked my lips.

I ate my food. I didn’t look towards Antonio because I didn’t want to look at him. Not after what almost happened before for the second time. I’m such a fool. I need to keep my distance from Antonio. That was the only answer to getting rid of the crush I had for him because it’s only a crush. Something that would easily go away and I had to do was stay away from him.

It’s easier said than done, though.

In Dance class Luke and I started to work on the hip pop but neither of us had experience on it. We were better in contemporary.

“I know.” I said after we sat down to brainstorm. “We should check out videos online or watch that show… uh… So You Think You Can Dance.”

“We should do both.” Luke said. “I really don’t like hip pop it’s a bit harder.”

“We’re just not used to it.” I said. “But we’ll get to it, don’t worry.”

Luke looked over to Lora and Antonio.

“They seem to be doing great.” Luke muttered.

Indeed they were. All of their moves were synchronized. I did feel a little jealous and competitive that they were doing a lot better than we were. We had the beginning done but it was hard to do the rest for some odd reason.

After class I asked Lora what song she got.

“Womanizer by Britney Spears.” She squealed.

I found it kind of funny because I thought of Antonio as a womanizer and he got that song to dance to.

“I’m so happy, Ed.” Lora said with a happy sigh. “Antonio is so romantic. He whispers sweet things in my ear and when he kisses me I swear I forget my own name.”

“Right, sounds like you’re in love.” Which I knew it was impossible because Lora didn’t love anyone more than herself and that wasn’t in a bad way.

“I think I might.”

See she doe--wait, huh?

My eyes went wide and I even stopped tying my shoes. “You haven’t been going out that long.”

“But, did you know Sterling was the one the first day you were together?”

“I knew Sterling for a long time before we got together.”

“Only because you had classes together.” She retorted. “I’m sure that if in Junior year you hadn’t gotten any classes with him he would still be with Cruella.”

I taught myself to never think like that. Sterling has assured me many times that he always had his eyes on me even when he was with Cruella. But I wasn’t too sure about that.

“Okay, yeah, but still you shouldn’t get attached.”

She rolls her eyes. “Fine, but I have a feeling Antonio and I are going to be together for a long time.”

I walked into Psychology and sat next to Sterling. His loving eyes and smile made me forget my doubts. We took notes and listened carefully to what the teacher was saying. During our break to share our dreams with the person next to us I told Sterling it was the same old dream which he wasn’t too happy about.

“What about you?” I insisted. “What did you dream about?”

“Us,” he smirked, “in the beach having hot, sweaty--”

“All right class, the bell rings in five minutes so you have that time for yourselves.”

I giggled as Sterling explained his naughty dream of us. It made me blush. When class was over I was sad that he had to go… somewhere.

“Where exactly are you going?” I asked in a tone that didn’t sound overbearing.

“Just some stuff, nothing important.” He said and kissed me.

I kissed him back and then he left in his car. Luke, Lora and Antonio were waiting for me. Antonio was in the front with Lora and Luke was in the back writing something on his lap top.

“Uh, I kind of always sit in the front.” I told Antonio.

“There’s room in the back.” He muttered.

I licked my dry lips nervously. “I-I can sit in the back… please,” My phobia started to rise, “just let me go in the front.”

“Antonio, just let her.” Lora said. “She has a weird thing about sitting in the back. She starts hyperventilating and having flashbacks of--”

“Lora.” I said stopping her.

But her words seemed to get to Antonio and without looking at me he sat on the backseats with Luke.