Status: Finished.

I Don't Like Your Boyfriend

First Date

I had to call my Aunt and tell her I was going to have dinner at a friend’s house. She didn’t ask for a name I guess she assumed it had been at Lora’s. After that Antonio’s mom, who insisted one calling her by her first name Patrice or Pat, so Pat set an extra plate for me. She talked about how much Antonio had told them about me. It was flattering to know that Antonio thought my eyes were like a green forest and he loved to get lost in them.

Pat made roast chicken with smashed potatoes and corn. I ate as she told stories about Antonio and how he used to get in trouble in school for tagging. Then I remembered that Antonio had been kicked out of school for having sex in school. I didn’t ask because I knew it was inappropriate so I just kept that to myself.

Halfway through dinner Antonio joined us. He didn’t say anything instead he played along and he kissed my cheek leaving them burning red. His family welcomed me with open arms and it was nice. They had a lot of stories to tell and I listened carefully. I laughed hard when Pat told me Antonio wanted to grow up a little too fast and tried to shave but he ended up cutting his sideburns all the way. Antonio’s cheeks burned red and he looked so cute.

My laughter died down when I knew what I was doing. I pretended everything was all right. After dinner Pat picked up the plates and I helped her but she said that was Jean’s and Joseph’s job. I ended being alone with Antonio, that was her plan all along.

“I just came to drop off your shirt and… yeah.” I had no idea what to say. “I should go, I’m sorry about this.” I stood up but his warm hand stopped me.

“Stay, it’s early. We can play a board game. My family always plays board games.”

“I really wish I could because I kick ass in board games but… I don’t want to…”

“Complicate things.” He finished for me and I nodded.

“You’re with my best friend… my sister, practically and I have Sterling and… I don’t want to lose him. He’s very important to me, I love him.”

I knew I was hurting him because I could see it in his eyes, but then in a blink of an eye it was gone and there was a smile on his lips but not in his eyes.

“You’re right. I’ll show you out.” Antonio offered and I didn’t argue. We walked to the front door of this house but before he opened it he leaned in his forehead with mine. This felt familiar. My heart started beating hard and it was so tempting to tip toe and meet his lips. His arm wrapped around my waist and brought me closer.

I looked into his eyes and I was getting lost, almost drowning in his pool of eyes. They held so much emotion in them. He licked his lips and for a second I wondered how it would feel against my own.

“My feelings for you are true, Edalene.” He whispered. “I can make you happy.”

I knew he could. My arms acted on their own and went around his neck.

“I know, but… I love Sterling.” I broke away fast and went out the door and sprinted away. The cold air helped with my burning cheeks. Once again I had come so close to kissing him. Why was it so hard to resist him?

I know I love Sterling. Sterling is very special to me and I couldn’t just throw that away because one guy made me feel so… wonderful. No, plus it could all be a trick. He just wanted me more because I rejected him. Lora on the other hand didn’t have a problem showing off her feelings towards him, but then again she didn’t have a boyfriend.

Once in my home I went straight to my room. I went to my mirror and looked at my face. I was a little red from running but that was it. I groaned and hid my face in my hands. I got my cell phone and scrolled down to Sterling’s number. I called him and it rang twice before he answered.

“What’s up, baby?”

I smiled hearing his voice. He and I had history together. “Wanna ditch first period tomorrow?”

I could practically hear the smile on his lips. “Of course, I miss you.”

“So do I.” I sighed.

“You sound… out of breath.”

“Oh, yeah, I went to run for a while.” I lied.

“Oh, okay, you’re not much of a running person.” He laughed.

I gasped in fake hurt. “I am… I just chose not to run as often.”

He laughed. “I love you, Edalene.” I smiled as he said my name.

“I love you, too.”

We started talking about random shows and other stuff. Talks like these reminded me how much I appreciated Sterling because even when I wanted to compare Batman and Superman he wouldn’t take it bad and we would have a nice conversation. I knew his feeling towards were real and mine were real too. Why did I have to go mess it up thinking I could fall for another guy? Sterling was the man for me. He knew me inside out and we’ve been through a lot as well.

[Nine Months Ago]

First date, officially, without behind Cruella’s back. I had Sterling all to myself and today was our first date and he told me to wear something nice and formal. I had to ask an advance on my check to buy something that seemed worthy.

Lora and I had gone to the mall and picked out the right dress, though it cost me my whole check it didn’t matter. Sterling and I were going to have the most special night because we were out in the open with our relationship and Cruella couldn’t separate us anymore.

A month ago she tried making him believe I was a whore by sleeping with the Captain of the Football team so he could spread out the rumor I liked to suck dicks and I was like a vacuum. But of course, Sterling knew I would never go for a jock so that didn’t work and after that Cruella backed off when I convinced the football captain to admit that Cruella slept with him so he would spread the rumors.

All of that was behind us and now I was getting ready for our real first date. Aunt Grace helped me with hair and makeup since I wasn’t much of a girly girl. Lora was so excited I was finally dating and of all people Sterling Leister, the hunk of the school. His charm and his smooth talk attracted the girls but I knew under that was a funny and outgoing guy.

I straighten the dress and smiled to the reflection in the mirror. The doorbell rang and I jumped a little. Lora and my Aunt Grace went downstairs to meet him while I put on my heels. I checked in the mirror once last time before grabbing my purse which had my I-Pod and eyeliner.

I descended the stairs as if I was going on Prom. I saw Sterling trail off mid-sentence as he saw me. His lips went from ear to ear and his soft brown eyes sparkled with delight. I felt the butterflies in my stomach fluttering like they wanted to escape and I felt my cheeks burn as he looked at me with loving eyes.

At the bottom of the stairs he was waiting for me. He was wearing a tux without the tie though which made him even hotter. With his left hand in his pocket and his right hand picked up mine he placed a soft kiss on top of it.

“You’re so beautiful, Edalene.” I only allowed him to use my full name but he rarely did so it was nice to hear it every once in a while, but only from him.

“Thank you, and you’re handsome as well.”

Our eyes locked and I was getting lost in his eyes. My Aunt Grace gave us her blessing and we were on our way out the house when she took a picture.

“It’s not Prom,” I laughed.

“Still, you look beautiful.” She took another one and I laughed.

Once outside I regretted not bringing a sweater. It was super cold outside. It was February so it was extremely cold. Sterling noticed and he took off his jacket and placed it over my shoulders. I smiled and he gestures to the limo. My mouth fell open.

“You brought a limo?”

“Only the best for you.” He said.

I giggled and instead of having the driver open the door I did it because I didn’t need someone to do it for me. Sterling didn’t seem to mind and got inside after me. I looked at all of the cool stuff, like the fridge and the lighting.

It was so perfect for a first date.

[Now]

Sterling thrusts inside of me one more time and it sends me over the edge and he has me screaming into the pillow. All that mattered was the pleasure going through and it made me weak. I came down from my haven and Sterling and I both collapse on the bed dripping in sweat. We both smiled like fools at each other.

He brought me closer to him. Good thing I was on the pill and we used a condom, just to be on the safe side. He kissed my temple.

“I love being buried inside of you.” He whispered in my ear making me giggle.

I looked at him. “You’re the greatest lover.”

“I know.” He said cockily and I scoffed and rolled my eyes and laughed. “I can’t get enough of you.”

“I know.” I said mocking him and we both laughed.

“Somehow, I got thinking back to our first date.” Sterling said as his fingers caressed my shoulder so lightly that he was leaving goose bumps and making me aroused again.

I have great stamina.

“So was I. Last night.”

Sterling laughed. “Not the best was it?”

“Nope, I didn’t like having hot soup all over my new dress, not to mention I got burned by your psycho ex-girlfriend.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Eddy's Dress