Status: Finished.

I Don't Like Your Boyfriend

Casanova

Lora and Antonio were making up and I was with his brother and sister at the dining room playing monopoly.

I rolled the dice and got a five. I picked up my thimble and moved it five spaces. “Ha!” Joseph said as I landed in his hotel. “Pay up, sweetheart.” Joseph smirked. “Five hundred bucks.”

I counted my money. “But if I give you my money I’ll be broke… you don’t want me broke now do you?” I pouted my lips and batted my lashes at him.

Joseph smiled shyly. “I guess… you can pay later.”

Jean scoffs. “My brother is going to be a whipped man.”

I gave Joseph a peck on the cheek and his cheeks burned red. I chuckled as we continued with the game, but in the end Jean won. She really knows how to throw dices. I checked on Lora and Antonio they were in the middle of a heated make out. I cleared my throat and that got their attention.

“Uh, I’m leaving so see you guys later.” I said.

“All right, Antonio is going to give me a ride home.” Lora said.

“Yeah okay.”

“Are you still going to see Mrs. Bulrush?” Antonio asked me.

I nodded. “I have to be there at ten in the morning and it’s a forty five minute drive.”

“Do I have to go?” He asked.

I shook my head.

“It’s just going to be my aunt and I, you just need to open the shop and take care of things.” I said and went out the door after I said good bye to Pat, Jean and Joseph. I walked back home.

When I got my door Havel’s door opened.

“Where have you been?” She asked.

“With Lora, she got into a fight with Antonio and I went with her so she could apologize.” I said. “What’s it to ya?”

She shrugs and closes her door but then opens it again. “You were in his house?”

“Uh, yeah we were. Lora and I.” I said.

She closes her door for good this time. She has to be up to something and I didn’t like it. I opened my bedroom door and changed into my PJ’s and went to sleep. I didn’t dream. At least I didn’t remember when I woke up the next morning. It was all a blank but that was good.

I stretched and hit the off button of the alarm. I put it at seven so I could get ready. I hit the shower and then went back to my room and changed into something nice. I didn’t really have nice clothes except for a couple of dresses. I asked my aunt grace if it was okay if I wore the dress from an old Christmas party. It really was for any occasion but I used it for a Christmas party once.

She told me it was all right so I slipped on the dress. Next I did my hair, but I only straighten it. I got into high heels which sucked because I hated them. Still do. I wanted nothing more than to just throw them out the window but I had to wear them.

By the time I was done I still had half an hour left before leaving. I sent Sterling a message saying I was going to be gone for a while. He didn’t answer back so I presumed he was still asleep. My aunt was ready and after eating breakfast we were on our way to the hotel where the cotillion was going to take place.

My aunt switched the radio to something we both could enjoy. The ride wasn’t long and boring and sooner than I thought we were at the hotel. My aunt got the valet parking. We went to the ballroom of the hotel and I found out that it was huge and… wow.

It was only a month away and there were so many people going around and around and the commotion concentrated on one lady. She looked strict and… well strict is the best word I could find. She had her Bluetooth in her ear and a clipboard in hand signing things off and checking things.

I looked to my aunt and she looked a bit intimidated as well. We both took deep breath and walked up to Mrs. Bulrush. She caught a glance of us.

“Are you Grace’s Flower shop?” She asked.

“Yes.” My aunt answered.

“Good, Mrs. Bulrush couldn’t make it but I’m her assistant and I’m here to make sure to tell you how she wants things.”

Okay so she wasn’t Mrs. Bulrush.

After she got her self together she told us to take a seat. She looked at me.

“You are?”

“Edalene, I spoke to Mrs. Bulrush personally about the types of flowers she wanted, Yellow Poppy.”

“Oh yes… you’re young.” She said. “Oh, I forgot to introduce myself, I’m Ms. Temple.”

“I’m Grace and, as you know, this is Edalene, my niece.” My aunt said.

“Good. Now here is what Mrs. Bulrush wants.” Ms. T said. She showed me a sketch of how the tables were going to be set up.

It was a huge place, not to mention the stage. These people meant business. Ms. T gave me the sketch and told me I had to come here two days before the real cotillion which was on a Saturday. Ms. T told me everything had to be perfect and we had to meet again next Saturday for further instructions. My aunt got her valet stamped and we went back home.

I looked over the sketch.

“This is going to take days.” I muttered.

“I know you can do it.” My aunt said. “Plus, we’ll hire more people. Maybe Luke and Lora and even Sterling can help.”

“Yeah, I’ll ask them.” I said.

“We should check on Antonio.” My aunt said.

I nodded. The shop wasn’t on fire so that was a good sign. We entered and the bell dinged. Antonio was at the cashier and he looked up at us. He smiled but it wasn’t that smile he used to give me.

“How was it?” He asked.

I walked up to the counter and set down the sketch and he looks at it and his eyes widen.

“It’s huge.” Antonio said.

“I know, we’re gonna need to hire more people for this.”

“Luke, Lora and your boyfriend.” He said.

“Sterling, his name is Sterling.” I said.

“Sorry.” He said not being sincere about it but I let it go. “All right, so what are you going to do?”

“Calculate how many poppy flowers we’re going to need. I think we have plenty if not we’ll have to go to the nursery and get some there.” I said.

“Sounds like a plan.”

“Were there any deliveries?” My aunt asked.

Antonio turns to her. “No, ma’am, it’s been very quiet.”

“Oh, all right, well I have to go home and do some things.” She turned to the door but then turned back slowly to us. “You guys will be able to… handle yourselves?” She raised an eyebrow particularly at me.

I rolled my eyes. “Yes, ma’am.”

She gave me a stern look.

“We’re fine, Mrs. Torch.” Antonio said flashing her a smile at her.

My aunt walked backwards until she hit the door. Did she think we were going to start making out? I shook my head and went back to the sketching. I folded it and put it away.

“You look nice.” Antonio said with that smile he only gave me.

“Thank you. I hate dresses and heels but I had to make an ‘impression’.” I said.

He chuckles lightly. “Thank you for yesterday.”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Well, you kept my brother and sister occupied while I had some alone time with my girlfriend.” He said.

“Oh right, yeah no problem. I like your brother and sister. Jean’s great and Joseph is so cute when he flirts with me.” I grinned.

“Yeah, that little Casanova.” Antonio laughed.

I checked my phone to see if Sterling had answered my text but nothing. I frowned.

“What’s wrong?” Antonio asked.

I shook my head. “Nothing, so you’re serious about Lora? Because she’s serious about you.”

Antonio didn’t answer at once but when he did he didn’t look at me. “She’s sweet and cute but… she’s not who I want.”

“Then don’t lead her on because if you hurt her I will hurt you so much that you’ll wish you were never born a man.” I threatened and he laughed.

“She may not be who I want but… I’m willing to make it work since the one I want is taken. Maybe she’ll help me forget her.” Antonio said looked into my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
The place where the cotillion is going to be at.

Comments would very lovely ♥