Status: Finished.

I Don't Like Your Boyfriend

Evil Monkey

My eyelids were so heavy. Especially during Mr. Sanyo’s lecture. My eyes would open and close on their own. Antonio had to poke me to wake me up. I think I took a two minute nap when I felt Antonio poke me again and I shot straight up and said.

“Evil space monkey.”

Mr. Sanyo gave me detention for disrupting the class lecture. I muttered under my breath and I heard Antonio chuckle. After class I went to Luke and Lora, well Luke because Lora went to Antonio.

“What was with space monkey?” Luke asked.

I groaned. “I couldn’t sleep last night and… ugh… Mr. Sanyo’s voice is very soothing and I just went to sleep.”

“Oh, bummer.” Luke said.

“Yeah.” I said not mentioning that I had called Antonio to just talk to him.

Once out of the class room a pair of hands covered my eyes. I giggled as I recognized the touch of his skin and his cologne. I took his hands off of my eyes and turned around and gave him a deep kiss.

He put his arms around me and we pulled apart for air he looked at me with a surprised look.

“What was that for?”

“I missed you.” I said.

“Me too.” He pecked my lips.

“Are we doing anything after school?” I asked.

Sterling looked at the ground and then back to me. I had my answer.

“Oh, well… we’ll find time.”

“I’m sorry but it’s this thing with my family.” Sterling said as he hugged me.

“Nah, it’s all right. I understand.” I smiled.

“I promise to make it up to you.” He said.

“No need.” I said. “I forgot I have this thing I have to work on. My aunt got a big delivery and I’m helping her.”

“It all works out then.” He pecked my cheek.

“Yeah.” Didn’t he pick up that I wasn’t okay?

Men are such… ugh! I ate my feelings. I didn’t want to make a fight out of nothing. He had a family to go to and to do things with. He was rich and his family did a lot of stuff like dinner parties and charity events. Things I’ve never gone to and I never brought it up because I didn’t want to seem bitchy or needy.

In Art class Antonio sat next to me and the teacher didn’t say anything. I tapped my pencil absently because I was thinking about Sterling and all the things we had gone through. Meeting his family was one of the most nerve wrecking things I had to do. They were all nice looking and I was nervous because I was just a middle class parent-less girl.

“Ed.” Roza shook me and I blinked and saw that the teacher was looking at me for an answer.

“Uh…” I muttered.

“Geometric.” Antonio whispered.

“Geometric?” I said and prepared to be yelled at but the teacher sighed and continued with the lesson. I let out a breather. “Thanks.” I whispered back to Antonio. He nods.

“Day dreaming?” He asked.

“A walk down memory lane and I guess I got lost.” I chuckled.

Antonio gave me my smile. The smile he only gave me and it did make me feel pretty special because I felt like it belonged to me. He placed his hand over mine and squeezed it. I didn’t let it go, instead I squeezed his back.

I felt Roza’s eyes on me and I let go of Antonio’s hand.

In English all I kept thinking about was Sterling and Antonio. How Antonio was slowly crawling inside of my heart and making a place of his own and how Sterling fought for more space but Antonio was pretty strong and not to mention my best friend, Luke. Luke who already had a huge chunk of my heart because we had been friends for so long.

Was it possible to love three men? All because of different reasons?

No, right? You’re only supposed to love one person, but that wasn’t the case for me. I wasn’t sure if I loved Antonio because I’ve only known him for less than two weeks. I banged my head on my desk and I got weird looks from my classmates and my teacher.

Lunch seemed to never end.

Antonio and Lora chose to seat somewhere else and Luke was at the library doing some research so I was left with Sterling and he wasn’t talking. He was pretty much texting with someone the entire time.

I didn’t mind.

I had too many things going on in my head.

When I was done with my lunch I got up to throw my tray. I had to pass Cruella’s table. I ignored them as she and Havel called me things like ‘freak’, ‘orphan’ and ‘slut’. I wasn’t in the mood to deal with them.

When I got back to Sterling he smiled at me. I sat on his lap and curled up. He had his chin on the top of my head and I had my face in the crook of his neck. His cologne felt familiar and good.

“Is something bothering you?” He asked softly in my ear.

I shook my head and lied. “No.”

“Are you sure?” He asked and I nodded my head lightly. “Okay then.”

“I love you, Sterling.”

“I love you too, Ed.”