Status: Finished.

I Don't Like Your Boyfriend

Ice Skating

I woke up feeling worse than the night before. I had a date with Sterling. I woke up to get ready, but I didn’t want to get out of bed. There was no denying it now. I had feelings for Antonio. I barely knew the guy and I had feelings for him. His kisses were so… intoxicating and I never wanted them to stop. It was the same and yet different with Sterling.

I finally got out of bed and changed for the date. I brushed my hair down and clipped some cute bow on my hair. I did my makeup and I was done just on time. My phone rang and I picked it up and answered.

“I’m outside, babe.” Sterling said.

“I’ll be right down.” I said and shit my phone.

As I exited my room Havel was walking out with her messed up hair. I chuckled and she groaned.

“Don’t make fun of me. Where are you going?” She yawned.

“On a date with Sterling. Could you let your parents know?” I asked.

She nodded and went to the bathroom. I jogged down the stairs and walked out of the house. Sterling was inside of his car with The Ramones ‘blitzkrieg bop’. I grinned because it was the shirt I was wearing. I opened the passenger door and climbed in the car. He greeted me with a kiss. I was reminded why I loved him.

Soon we were off. I thought we were headed to the movies, but we were going somewhere else.

“Where are we going?” I asked as I looked around the unfamiliar place.

“The beach.” Sterling grinned.

“But it’s the middle of November.” I said.

“We’re not going in.” He laughed.

“Then why are we going?” I asked.

“There’s a carnival.”

I froze.

“Co-could we go somewhere else?” I asked, no, I pleaded with my eyes.

He looked at me worried. “What’s wrong?”

“Just anywhere, but there.” I said.

“All right, but why not?” Sterling asked as he made a right at the light.

“The last family activity I had with my family was going to a carnival.” I whispered.

“Oh, why didn’t you tell me?” He asked.

I shrugged. “It’s not something easy to talk about.”

Sterling reached for my hand and kissed the top of it.

“Let’s go ice skating, then?” He asked.

I nodded. He smiled and we stopped outside the ice skating rink. He paid for the entrance which already included the rental of the skates. We went to the counter of the skate rentals and the guy who was handing them out too obviously flirted with me and that didn’t suit Sterling too well.

I just laughed it off.

I pulled on the skates. I was on the ice before Sterling. Thanks to dancing I was able to easily skate. Sterling wasn’t all that experienced so he took his time. I was doing circles around him while he stuck to the side of the rink along with other inexperienced people.

“Come on, Sterling, trust me.” I held out my hand to him.

“I don’t like falling.” He said.

“You think I let you fall alone?” I smiled.

He looked into my eyes and he took my hand. We slowly skated and made turns slowly so he could get used to it. I must’ve been a pretty good teacher because in less than twenty minutes he got the hang of it. Or so I thought because when he made a turn he wobbled and he fell and brought me down with him.

We laughed together and then we tried to get up with no success. One of the workers had to help us up. We thanked the man who helped us up and continued skating.

“What do you want to do after high school?” Sterling asked me.

I shrugged. “I’m not sure… maybe take dancing in college.”

“How would you like to travel with me?” Sterling asked.

I raised an eyebrow as he held hands and skated. “What?”

“I’m serious. Let’s take a year off and we’ll travel the world. See every wonder of the world.” He said.

I laughed. “Are you serious?”

“Deadly. I want you to see the world, Eddy. We’ll make love in Venice, Italy and any other place your heart desires.” He backed me up against the plastic wall and kissed me.

I kissed him back. What girl didn’t want to go around the world?

“I want to make you the happiest girl in the planet.” He whispered when our lips parted, but he kept them close to mine. He smelled of Axe and it was so good.

“I’m already the luckiest.” I said.

I met his brown eyes.

“I love you so much, Edalene. I don’t know what I would do without.” He kissed me again.

I smiled into the kiss.

“Hey, what a coincidence.” A voice said.

I looked over Sterling’s shoulder and saw Cruella with another guy. Sterling moved so he was besides me. Cruella held on tight to the guy’s hand.

“Cruella.” Sterling said.

“Sterling, Edalene, how are you?”

“Fine.” I said and took Sterling’s hand and interlocked our fingers.

Cruella glanced at our hands.

“This is Guy, my date.” Cruella said and gestured to Guy. I found it interesting.

He waved his hand at us. He looked like a nice guy… hehehe, Guy is a guy. Okay, let’s call him dude. Guy looked like a nice dude and shouldn’t be with Cruella. Cruella had a glint in her eyes and then smiled wickedly like she had some sort of plan.

“See you tomorrow in school.” She said and skated away with Guy.

“She’s so weird sometimes.” I muttered.

“Let’s not let her ruin our date.” Sterling said.

“It’s already ruined. Want to go get smoothies?”

“How about some hot chocolate?” Sterling asked as we skated towards the exit.

“With cinnamon on top?” I asked.

“Exactly.” Sterling said. We took off our skates and he went to return them. He was being protective. When he was returning the skates I looked at my phone and I had three missed calls from Antonio.

I deleted the calls in case Sterling happens to look at my phone. Sterling came back and placed his arm around my shoulder.

“The guy had the nerve to ask me if you were my sister and if I could give him your number!” Sterling hissed after we were out of the rink.

I laughed. “Aw, cute.”

“Cute? I think I’m gonna have to put you in a bubble wrap so no one could come close to you.” Sterling joked as he wrapped his arms around me from behind and we walked like that towards Starbucks.

“I don’t think I would ever agree to that.” I said.

Sterling laughed and I with him.

Once inside the Starbucks we ordered our drinks and sat down and waited for it. Sterling played with my hands. He said my hands were the softest. I went to the bathroom really quick to wash my hands from the ice because a lot of people skated on it. When I came back Sterling was looking at his phone with a frown on his face.

“What is it?” I asked him.

He blinked and shook his head. “Nothing. Just some family drama.”

“Anything I can help with?” I asked.

“Just being here with me you’re helping.” Sterling said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eddy's Outfit