Sequel: Before You Die

Human Timelord

Wake Up Call

"Hello! ERICA!"

"What," I mumbled turning over onto my back and opening my eyes. The face of a green alien met me.

"AHH!" I yelled scrambling backwards across the tiled floor.

“Standard response,” the green person spoke. “She’s fine.”

“Good,” Jack said walking across the room to help me up.

“I’ve never fainted before,” I said woozily. “And I don’t think I ever want to again.”

“Pass me that hammer,” Jack said to the green person.

She passed it to him warily looking at me as if she was trying to analyse something inside my mind.

He hit something to the left of me and only then did I turn around and view the humungous contraption that stood behind me.

“What. Is. That.”

“That? Well that is a strange instrument that just happened to fall into my possession a few years ago.”

“What does it do?” I asked, walking into the large circle.

“I’m sorry.”

“For what?” I asked before turning around.

The look I saw on Jack’s face at that moment made me doubt my decision to come here, but my mind shut down on me. And all I could see was light; all I could hear was white noise – all I could feel was pain.

I screamed on and on, but the pain didn’t subside. My mind felt like it was about to explode and my whole body was burning.

I didn’t even realise when it stopped.

The pain lingered constantly in my mind for the next hour even though my vision returned relatively quickly. But the things I knew…they were impossible. I could see the farthest reaches of the universe – I could name every star, every planet, every galaxy. I could see the fabric of time, things that should happen, things that could happen, and everything that had already come to pass.

And it was amazing.

When I finally stopped my screaming and the pain dulled to an annoying itch in the back of my head, I knew it was over. I knew that he had done it, my Timelord mind had been awoken – and I knew everything.

“Erica?” Jack asked quietly. “Are you alright?”

“Strangely enough,” I breathed. “Yes.”

“Then tell me,” he said. “What am I?”

I looked at him with new eyes, seeing everything about him that defied reason. He couldn’t die. That was why he was so old. I reached up and touched my hands to his head. Never dying but watching those around him fall.

I pulled myself from his mind and stepped away as I realised what his life was like. He caught my hand as I moved.

“I don’t want to see anyone else die,” he whispered.

“But you need me,” I said, knowing that he knew it too.

“I do,” he replied softly. “But more importantly, Torchwood – and by extent, the world – needs you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe.

What will happen between Jack and Erica? And what will happen when the Doctor comes waltzing in? Okay...i just sounded like a blurb. Anyway, thanks for reading people.