Sequel: Before You Die

Human Timelord

Transportation

As we walked out onto the plain above where UNIT was hidden, I handed the screwdriver back to the Doctor.

“Thanks,” he said. “By the way, how did you know how to use it?”

I shrugged, “Fast learner.”

In the distance I could see the blue box waiting.

“So, Torchwood finally managed to infiltrate UNIT,” the Doctor said.

“It was only a matter of time,” I said, pulling a USB from my pocket. “I got everything we needed on this.”

“Pass it over,” he said. I handed it to him and he threw it high, before disintegrating it with his screwdriver.

“What’d you do that for?!” That was two months work saved on that. Even if most of it had only been copying and pasting gradually. That was essential information if we wanted to get to the bottom of this.

“Torchwood has enough information without stealing some from UNIT. You don’t need this.”
“What am I supposed to take back then?”

“I don’t know…you’re incredible tendency to answer impossible questions before I even know what they are.”

“I had that before I left. I meant something new.”

“Well…” He pulled out a key as we arrived at his ship. “You can take this experience back with you. I do take it that you know what this is by the way.”

“A box,” I replied, feigning stupidity.
“It’s a TARDIS,” he said, “Time And Relative-”

“-Dimensions In Space,” I finished. “I’m not an idiot. You said so yourself.”

I got a grunt in response as he entered the Tardis. Upon following him, I got a slightly weird feeling rush through my body.

“Yes,” the Doctor said as I opened my mouth. “It’s bigger on the inside.”

I sighed in frustration. “I already knew that.”

“Oh, did you? Sorry.”

“It’s just different reading about something than experiencing it.”

“Right,” he said. “Well, you don’t have to come. Last chance to leave before we end up in Antarctica.”

“No way Doctor. I’m with you ‘til this is finished.”

“That’s good then,” he replied before running around twisting dials, pulling levers and hitting things until I felt a severe jolt and found myself holding a pylon for dear life.

“Why didn’t you warn me!” I yelled.

“I thought you knew everything?” the Doctor replied, he himself also holding on.

“Smartass,” I murmured while he smiled smugly to himself.

When we finally stopped abruptly, my muscles in my arms felt completely dead.

“Why don’t you fix that?” I asked as I stood up and shook debris off myself.

“I think it makes the whole experience more enjoyable,” he responded, running to the door and grabbing his coat.

“Maybe for some,” I mumbled following him slowly.

“What took you so long?” he asked as I met him outside.

“Some of us don’t share your enthusiasm when it comes to running out into minus thirty temperatures.”

“At least it lets you know you’re alive.”

I kicked him in the shin and said, “That alive enough for you?” before walking back inside, already frozen.

“What’re you doing?” he asked.

“De-frosting.”

“There’s a closet…I think I might just go and get you something.” He changed the direction of his sentence when he took notice of the icy glare I was giving him.

As the Doctor walked down a hallway and out of sight, my phone conveniently decided to save me the boredom of waiting and started ringing.

“Hello,” I said.

“Erica?”

“Jack,” I said in relief.

“May I ask why your tracking device just disappeared off my scree - what the hell are you doing in Antarctica?!” The screen must have finally caught up with the transportation.

“Guess who I met?”

“How am I supposed to know?”

“The Doctor.”

“Really?” I could hear him finally getting interested. “And you’re with him, yeah?”

“Well not at this particular moment. He’s gone to get me something slightly warmer.”

“Good,” he said. “Make sure he takes care of you.”

“And if he doesn’t, I’ll come running back home.”

“Who’s that?” the Doctor called as he came walking back into the room, a thick coat in his hands.

“Jack,” I responded.

“Is that him?” Jack asked.

“Yeah,” I said.

“Tell him hi from me.”

“He says hi,” I said to the Doctor.

“Tell him I’d appreciate it if Torchwood and UNIT stayed out of each other’s affairs. There shouldn’t be a war between them for another hundred years; I don’t want it happening any earlier than that.”

“Did you get that?” I said to Jack.

“Most of it.”

“Good.”

“Well, you’d probably better get going.”

“Yeah,” I said. “See you.”

“Love you. ‘Bye.”

“Love you too. I’ll be home soon.”

I hung up.

The Doctor was looking at the screen, but I was sure he’d heard almost every second of that conversation.

“Thanks,” I said taking the coat.

“No problem.”

“Are we going?” I asked, walking towards the door.

“Just a second,” he said, staring at the screen a while longer. “Alright.”

We walked outside and I watched him close the door. But upon turning around, we came face to face with three Pevalimon.

"Ah," the Doctor said. "This was what i wanted to avoid."

“Not you guys again,” I groaned as they lead us away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a filler, hopefully i'll be able to come up with some more interesting stuff now that i've got heaps of free time on holidays.

Comment, subscribe..