Status: New :) Active!

Kiss and Tell

Chapter Two

"Melanie." I growled out as we approached the apartment complex. "We cannot afford this. I don't care how many lap-dances you gave last night." She had annoyed the crap out of me giving me tips on how to do them. She didn't understand that the cocktail waitresses gave the boys their drinks and washed tables. Oh, and we were suppose to look good too. That was about it. No lap dances in my job description.

The blonde tossed her hair and gave me a wink. "Don't worry."

"Are you planning on giving the owner a lap dance or something? I shouted after her as she through to the glass doors. "I'm not showing him my boobs!" I added as an after-thought. She had tried getting me to do that to make sure I got the job. Melanie was a tad bit more free with using her body than I was.

Melanie popped her head out of the door. "Come on, Liv. We don't have all day." She was entirely correct on that. Which is why we didn’t have time to waste here.

She was probably going to get the price lowered. That slut. That talented, amazing slut.

I lifted my trash bags that were overstuffed with make-up, clothing and of course, shoes. I probably had some books or cds jammed in there somewhere, I couldn’t remember. Didn’t care much.

Inside, the lobby scream “spoiled-rich-teenager” at me. Red and black leather couches, a big screen TV, all the tables were glass. There wasn’t any tacky carpeting here, it was all smooth white and dark grey tile. There wasn’t any fake plants in the corner, instead there was vases with bright flowers sticking up out from them.

Melanie smiled at me and went to the elevator.

"MELANIE!" I nearly shouted as I charged after her, ignoring the looks that varityped from annoyed to drooling. I stood in the evaluator with her, glaring at her all the way up to level 6. "Are you going to explain?" I asked right before it dinged.

"Nope." She flashed her pretty white teeth at me.

It was moments like this that made me wish I was a psychopathic murderer.

The room she led me too had a shiny gold 9 on the front. She didn’t even knock, just opened the door. Inside, the room could need use a hundred maids working on it. A male definitely lived here.

Oh, maybe Melanie is cleaning to get extra money before we find our real apartment. That would have made me feel better if Melanie had ever cleaned a day in her life. I was probably going to end up cleaning all of it.

"Make yourself at home." She stepped on clothing, candy wrappers and I think a CD to get to a closed door, disappearing into it.

I sighed. She wasn't gonna tell me anything. I carelessly stomped through the living room, trying to break as many things as possible, to get to the kitchen. I was thirsty.

No doubt in my mind anymore. A guy lived here. The kitchen table was a air-hokey table. The fridge held only soda, leftover-takeout and beer. I thought I spied a box of eggs in the back, but I didn't feel like checking. I grabbed a soda and slammed it shut. The beer sounded better. I should have gone for the beer.

I heard giggles. Flirty-girly giggles.

Oh my God. Melanie was having sex with the guy for money! I knew she was a slut, I knew it! I thought about this for a second, trying to determine if this upset or concerned me. It didn’t. Its her body, and it gets us a place to sleep.

Despite being a complete mess, the apartment was comfortable. I dropped my trash bags near the couch and fell onto it. I cracked open my soda, still wishing for that beer, and settled in.

I was trying to ignore the giggles and the deep male voice I heard. Not my business, I didn’t want to know. I sat there for several more seconds.

I take that back. I wanted to know. Talk and sex normally didn’t mix. Shouldn’t they be pantless and moaning by now?

I left my spot on the couch and tip-toed to the door. He spoke something I didn’t catch and she laughed again. This guy must be a real comedian. Or just really cute. He was talking again and I caught random words.

"Rent...come and go...three bedrooms."

Um. Huh? Rent? Bedrooms? What were they even talking about?

And that’s when it hit me. The bags, the apartment. This wasn’t just a stop, this was The Stop. She found us a place. Here. With a guy.

What the hell was she thinking?

I wasn’t exactly a people-person. I was close to Melanie because we grew up together, but meeting people wasn’t really more forte. That was why I was single. I didn’t get along with enough people to live with anyone other than Melanie.

I wanted answers, no, no, I needed answers. I pushed the door open, scowling.

"Liv!" Melanie laughed form her place on the bed. She was carelessly, but ever-so-beautifully, wrapped around a guys figure. "I was wondering how long it would take you to get bored. Come, join us." She invited, patting the bed.

I growled. "I came for answers, not a threesome."

My hand found the light switch on the wall. They, like I said, were lazily sprawled out on the bed. The boy Melanie was oh-so-casually draped over was shirtless, dark-haired and GORGEOUS.

I mean. Okay looking. She's done...better. I suppose. He was nothing special.

Alright, stop staring. you look like an idiot. Answers! get some answers!

"What are we doing here?" I demanded, more at Melanie, but my eyes stared locked on the boy. I ripped my eyes away from him, HIM who was now smirking and acting all superior and mighty, and glared at Melanie.

"We're moving in!"

"No, we're not."

"This is the best deal in town. We can’t pass this up.”

"Wanna bet?"

Melanie got up and went to me. I averted m eyes from both of them. I would drool if I looked at the guy, and she could make me do anything she wants. It was a gift. Many years of practicing. There was a few things one needed to know about Melanie and the first and most important was this: Melanie always got what she wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am a huge fan of this chapter. Its my baby, I've wrote, re-wrote and wrote this one again and again.
comments=cupcakes and cupcakes = mega love

I'm going to get pictures soon, I just haven't found any that just fit yet.