Status: Discontinued

You Only Get One Shot Do Not Miss Your Chance to Blow

One

“Where’s the room key?” I slurred out as I tried not to fall by holding myself up by the door handle. “Where did I put it Hayls?” I stumbled and fell, pulling Hayley down with me.

“Shit, it’s in the room.” Hayley ran her fingers through her hair and then attempted to stand up, pulling on my arm as she did.

“Um, Hayley. We have a problem” I said, stringing all of my words together. “I don’t have the room key.”

“Well either do I!” We broke into laugher.

Vegas was a good idea. Getting away from my disaster at home was just what I needed. And my best friend was just what I needed to get here. Why does it matter that we lost all our money in the casino? And why should it matter that we are under age and totally wasted? Man if my parents only knew....not like they care where I am. They have never cared.

We gave up on trying getting in our room, we were totally drunk. So nothing sounds better than running up and down the halls screaming at the top of our lungs. Of course, people opened up their doors, they sounded pissed. One threatened to call the front desk.

“Shut the hell up!” Hayley cried at them. Nice.

I felt my body smack against another and the sound echoed through the halls as we both fell. “What the--” I stopped my sentence and smiled to myself. I looked down and saw that I was laying on someone. Not just anyone, but a pretty decent looking guy.

“Hey,” he said, offering a hand to help me up after he wiggled out from under me. By the sound of his voice and the manor in which he got up, I assumed he was in no better state than me.

“Hi,” I said back, holding out my wobbly hand to his. To my surprise, the traditional handshake was not his thing; he grabbed my hand and yanked me into him. Soon we were all over each other.

---

I woke up to ferocious pounding in my head. I took in my surroundings and noted that I was in a bed, in hotel. That was a good start, knowing at least I was still where I was from the night before.

I tried to sit up, but stopped after realizing it only made my head worse. I looked down at myself. I wasn’t wearing clothes. I groaned, crying on the inside.

I rolled over to my left and saw a guy laying there. Shockingly, he was awake and lying on his back. I started hearing buzzing and thought I was going crazy, but soon realized it wasn’t my head at all. It was him.

I listened to his humming a bit more as I took him in. He was good actually very good looking, but I couldn’t remember his name. I mentally slapped myself.

The boy must have noticed that I was awake because his head quickly snapped to the right to look over at me. “Hey. Uh…um…hey.”

“It’s Emily,” I said softly, cursing myself as my head’s pounding increased.

“Right. I-I-I knew that.”

Silence.

Awkward.

I tried to clear my throat, “Okay, I d-don’t know how this happened…but I-I don’t do this. Like, ever.”

“Understood,” he said back.

“No really,” I insisted, “I-I don’t get drunk and I’m not a whore and I--”

“I never said you were,” he said again in the same monotone voice. I shook my head in defeat, he didn’t understand! I really would never do this. I had never drunk before last night.

“I-I-I-I really don’t know what to say…look--”

“At what?” he interrupted with a smug grin.

I ignored his sarcastic comment. “Uhh…anyways loo-- I mean, I don’t you… I mean…I…I have to go.”

I grabbed the big comforter and wrapped it around me and got up. I picked up my red tank and started searching for my pants, but couldn’t find them. I started to get worried. How bad had it gotten last night?

The boy noticed my confusion and sat up, “If I remember correctly, they are out in the hall.”

“Great,” I muttered, and dragged my feet to the door.

One I got to the door, I opened it slowly like I was afraid Jesus was going to be standing there. Once I got it opened, I peeked my head out in the hall, looking left and right to make sure no one was looking, and then quickly waddled out to pick up my pants, waddling back in quickly with the blanket around me.

Once I got in, the boy was out of bed and had his boxers on. I looked up at him and he was chuckling. At me, probably.

“I’m just going to go.” I tried to spit the statement out confidently, but it didn’t end up coming out like I planned. It sounded weak and scared.

“I really don’t think you should,” he said, raising one eyebrow.

“W-Why?” I asked skeptically, questions popping in my head about how he could be dangerous and try to hurt me.

He laughed at my scared expression. I tried not to let his infectious laugh seep into my ears, but I couldn’t resist.

“I mean, I think I should go. I mean, this is your room isn’t it?” He hopped on one foot trying to get his foot in his pant hole.

“Whah?”

He laughed again, “You’re cute, did ya know that?” He tucked he hands in his pockets rocking from his heels to his toes.

“I’ve been told,” I said bitterly, raising one of my eyebrows at him in suspicion.

I was getting more and more confused as the seconds passed.

Silence.

Awkward. Again.

I looked around the room, hoping to avoid eye contact. “I’m just going to go,” he flatly stated.

“Umm yeah. Good idea. See you…uh…”

“Brendon.”

“Right.” After, he did a cute spin on his heels and was out the door.

I let out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding. Damn.