Status: Discontinued

You Only Get One Shot Do Not Miss Your Chance to Blow

Two

As I closed my room door, I made sure twice I had my pants. I was feeling a lot better after taking a long, hot shower and putting on new clothes.
I walked down the long hallways aimlessly, looking around; it was so much different when you can comprehend what you are seeing!
As I approached the stairs, I heard a door slam. I hoped it was Hayley waking up from falling asleep early this morning after returning to our hotel room.
My doubt was affirmed when I heard a familiar laugh.
Brendon and his charming laugh were with two other guys. One I recognized from last night, he was the one I found locked with Hayley’s lips early in the morning behind the ice machine. I think she mentioned his name being Brian…
The other boy I didn’t know, but Oh. My. God. did he look familiar, making my stomach drop and me legs start to shake. He had big brown eyes, kind of like Brendon. I look him up and down, making a weird face at him wear flip flops.
Realizing I was in plain said for them, I quickly ran to hide in the elevator so they didn’t see me.
I hated elevators. I hated the way they made me feel. I hated how I had to be locked in the doors. I also noted that I hated that I got myself into this situation.
Luckily, I heard the doors to the stairs open and not the elevators, and one of them yelled, “RACE YOU TO THE BOTTOM!”
“NO FAIR! YOU GOT A HEAD START!”
“YOU’RE FAT! YOUR PROBLEM!”
“HEY NO FAIR! BRENDON PUSHED ME!”
“STOP BEing such a pus…” I laughed to myself at their stupid, obnoxious bickering. It took me a while to find the button to open the elevator doors, and once I did, I found that I didn’t want to be in the halls any longer, so I sauntered back to my room
I heard Hayley snoring as I approached, I reached in my pocket for the room key. “Shit.” I continued to pat my pockets, looking for something that wasn’t there.
“Why me! Now what?!”
“Do you usually talk to yourself?” I jumped to ceiling when I heard a voice behind me. My face turned red. The voice laughed again, “It’s alright, don't tell anyone, but I do it too.”
His comment made me laugh; there was something about the way talked that made me feel better.
“Spencer. At your service,” he said, holding out his hand.
“Emily. Thanks.” We dropped our hands after shaking and an awkward silence fell over us. “Actually, my friend is in there sleeping so I will just call he-- never mind,” I said glumly, realizing I didn’t have my phone. I seemed to forget everything

I resorted to the last thing; banging on the door. “If only she wasn’t such a freaking hard sleeper!” I said between pounds.
I glared at him when he grabbed my wrist, “Whoa, calm down there. I’ll just go to the front desk and get a key for you. Okay?”
I nodded in defeat and yanked my wrist away.

I finally heard footsteps about eight minutes later. After a lot of persuasion and probably some money involved, Spencer returned with my room key. After getting my door open, I thanked him and he continued to the elevator, which was probably where he was headed in the first place.

I got Hayley out of bed and after a lot of persuasion of my own and got her to go get some breakfast with me.
She talked nonstop about her night. It turned out that the guy who was in her pants was actually named Ryan, and not Brian. Whatever.
“It matters,” she said, like she was reading my mind. “What If I started calling you Margret? Instead of Emily?”
“What does that have to do with anything?”
“It has everything to do with it,” she giggled.
I tried holding in my laughter, “What kind of name is that! Margret?! That’s not even close to Emily!” I turned to tickle her and poke her sides.

Hayley started to run to the stairs, wanting me to chase her. She new I didn't like elevators. Of course she new that.
She had been my best friend ever since a bitch in my preschool class took her doll she was playing with. I immediately marcher over there and pushed her into wall and kicked her so she cried (That’s when my mom realized I was a problem child) after that day, we instantly were besties.
Growing up was harder for us because Hayley's parents divorced when she was three so she was always moving back in forth between Minnesota and South Carolina, where her dad lived. Of course I did make other friends, like Kevin and Stacey, but Stacey ditched and Kevin, well that is a longer story.

There was a table open right as we walked into the dinning room, so I sat down and Hayley went to go get food.
She made her back over to me and set the plates down, but before she could actually sit herself down she let out a loud squeal.
Me, and the twelve others who were around us, annoyed at the disruption, looked to see what happened. Hayley jumped and ran over to hug the guy I saw in the hallway just a little bit ago. Ryan, as he was now called. What a small world

I glanced at who else was with him and noticed Spencer. I smiled when I saw him. His face just makes me feel good.
I looked around more and saw the flip flop guy was with him. Again, right as I looked at him, my stomach flipped and I felt the urge to throw up.
He obviously knew me from somewhere too, because when he saw me, his jaw dropped. I closed me eyes and shook my head trying to stop thinking about it.
When I opened them, I saw even worse. Brendon.
My thought of going to talk to Spencer faded and my mind became mesmerized. Hayley was still ecstatic and didn’t notice my concern as she invited the four to sit with us.
I shot daggers at her as they all pulled out their chairs. I couldn’t wrap my mind around how ironic the whole situation was. I couldn’t believe that the guy Hayley slept with, Ryan, was friends with the sweetest boy, Spencer, who was friends was the boy I slept with, Brendon, who was friends with the other boy…that I seemed to dread seeing, for some unknown reason.