Status: Discontinued

You Only Get One Shot Do Not Miss Your Chance to Blow

Six

Emily’s POV

“What the hell are you doing here?”

“What do you mean what the hell am I don’t here! What the hell are YOU doing here?” Jon said, I could tell he was straining his voice, trying not to yell. “I come here all the time and I know for a FACT you don’t come here all the time.”

“Jon, you live in Chicago! How the hell do you come here all the time?” I was fed up with him and his snootiness.

“Wow, you know where I live, that’s creepy!” He retorted.

“Yeah Jon, I do, just like you fucking know where I live. Stop being a freaking jackass and just leave me alone! You have put me through enough!!”

“Oh okay! Cause it’s ALL me fault isn’t!!? God! You know I didn’t have anything to do with your shitty life!” Jon got fed up and shoved the garbage can that was standing in the way of him and me. He made his way over to me.

I started backing up as he came forward. He stopped and pointed his finger at me. “I DIDN’T DO ANYTHING AND YOU KNOW IT!”

“OH CUT THE FUCK! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!! YOU RUINED MY FUCKING LIFE!” I was raging. I stomped my feet for emphasis and pointed my finger right back at him accusingly.

“IT’S NOT MY FAULT YOUR DAD IS A MANWHORE!”

I clenched my fists again at my sides loosing control of my temper, “IT GOES BOTH WAYS JON!!! YOUR MOM’S A FUCKING SLUT!”

“I CAN’T HELP BEING FUCKING BORN! WHY DON’T YOU TEACH ME EMILY! BECAUSE THEN MAYBE! JUST MAYBE WE CAN GO BACK IN TIME AND PUSH ME BACK IN MY MOTHER’S VAGINA!!” He said sarcastically, usually if I was in a good mood, and someone else would have said it instead of Jon, I would have peed my pants laughing.

I got fed up with his shitty ass attitude. His sarcasm was too much for me right now, I grabbed the collar of his shirt and backed him up against the wall. My face was two inches away from him. I was about as tall as him, just a pinch shorter, so I went up on my toes and was eye to eye with him. “You better get the fuck out my life before my head explodes” I said between clenched teeth. I’m sure my face was nine shades darker with anger.

“Do you think I give a fuck if your head explodes or not?” He asked with a smug grin. Our faces were still inches apart. I could smell his eggs from breakfast mixed with orange juice. I crinkled my nose in disgust. Jon must have noticed my distaste from his breath, so he opened his mouth and breathed on my face.

That’s it! I tightened my grip on his shirt and then slammed him up against the wall of the building and let go of his shirt and backed up a little. “FUCK YOU! YOU’RE A JERK AND GOD DAMN IT, YOU NEED AN ATTIDUDE AJUSTMENT!” I started towards him again. I was ready to smack him, and smack him hard. We must have been causing a scene because when I was about two feet away from him I felt arms snake around my waist, I was being lifted up. I looked down at my waist and saw long boney fingers. Ryan. I started kicking my legs trying to get away, but it did no good, I was in midair. I looked at Jon with fury. Since I was held back, Jon came at me ready to pounce, but before he could take his third step, Brendon stepped in and grabbed his shoulders and he started shaking him.

“DUDE! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?” Brendon yelled and struggled holding him back, so Spencer came over and helped.

Jon completely blocked them all out and ignored them and continued yelling at me, “WHAT DO YOU THINK MY LIFE WAS LIKE EMILY!? I HAD JUST AS FUCKING HARD AS YOU!”

After he said that, I stopped struggling. I stopped pounding on Ryan’s hands. I stopped flailing. My whole attitude changed with that one sentence. Ryan set my feet back on the ground, noticing that my resistance stopped, but still held me back.

“No Jon.” I swallowed hard and paused. “Your parents forgave each other. They are sitting back at home, together. My parents didn’t, they made my life a living hell.” I said calmly.

Jon scoffed and rolled his eyes at me.

That brought me right back to the temper tantrum mood I was in just 15 seconds before. I lunged towards him. I stretched out my hand to slap him. Before Ryan, Spencer or Brendon had time to react, I had slapped Jon right across the face, leaving a big bright red mark.

Ryan was the first to react, grabbing at my body before I ran closer to Jon. He grabbed my right arm, the one I slapped Jon with, and the other one went around my waist again stopping me in my tracks. He might be super skinny but he is very strong, I couldn’t get away as he pulled me back.

Spencer then reacted next by gripping Jon even tighter so he didn’t do anything. Brendon was still just standing there, dazed, since none of them knew what we were fighting about. Only Jon, Hayley and I knew.

But Hayley was just standing there. I looked at her through my tears that started to well in my eyes. She was just standing there, in shock I think, she hadn’t moved since she turned the corner and saw us. Finally I looked around; we must have been really loud because a crowd started to form.
I noticed the people gathered at the entrance of the alley and stopped struggling again. Ryan realized I was done putting up a fight and let go of me. The tears were running down my face now, and I turned to Ryan and said “I-I-I’m s-sor-s-sorry.” Then he grabbed on to me again, but not to hold me back, just to hold me. I hugged him back and sobbed into his chest.

I heard Spencer’s voice yelling for Jon, “Jon! Dude, come back!” He must have walked off.
“Jon, come on, we--” Hayley finally said her first word since she appeared, but Jon just brushed her hand off his shoulder and walked straight by her.

Then Brendon spoke up, “Uhh guys? What the hell just happened?”