Status: Updates for this: EVERY Friday, Saturday and Sunday. [due to school, and other things, Sorry for any inconvenience guys.] <3

I'm Feelin' so Low

- Break.

“I’m good, huh?” Jimmy said smugly, folding his arms over his chest.

“Totally..” I breathed, I couldn’t really get my head around the way he played, so quick, yet, perfect. “Where did you learn?” I asked.

“It’s all in the wrists, and the mind.. Oh, and the arms. You need those, and musical skill. You seem to have the wrists and arms. Congratulations,” he said as he grinned to himself. I was unsure as how to take that sentence. Was it a compliment or a form of sarcasm, practically suggesting that I am, and would always be shit at drums? Of course I knew that I would never beat his standard.

I noticed the class had emptied, but I hadn’t heard the bell.

“Fuck yeah, break! Finally,” Jimmy squealed as he grabbed the air with his left hand, twiddling a drum stick in the right. “Hey, little shit,” he murmured to Johnny as he walked out the door. Johnny gave him an evil glare, trying his best to look up at Jimmy’s face and deep into his eyes. But it wouldn’t work, Jimmy was heaps taller.

“Why’d you wait for me?” I giggled.

“I didn’t want you to be on your own..” he replied, though I knew what he really meant was ‘I didn’t want to be alone.’

“How sweet.” I smiled as I patted his back softly, trying not to hurt my arm too much.

I had no clue as to where Dixie and her guy friends ‘hung around’ during the break and I wasn’t really planning on looking. My stomach was rumbling so I needed food before it got any louder.

“Mind if we go to the cafeteria?” I asked Johnny, embarrassed to admit that I was hungry. I don’t know why, but I just didn’t want him to think I was fat. Although I clearly was far from it. Come to think of it, being embarrassed about that doesn’t even make sense. It’s stupid, isn’t it?

“I’m so hungry right now, it’s unbelievable!” Johnny started, then paused “Dude, where IS the cafeteria?”

Good point. I didn’t know.

“AIDAN!” I heard yelling behind me, turning my self around on one foot I seen Dixie. “Where you heading? We hang out over there..” she pointed to some doors, behind the doors was a sort of hallway, it had lockers and a stairwell. Also, a storage cupboard but it was empty expect for Dixie and her friends at break times.

“Oh. Right. Uh, do you know where the cafeteria is?” I bit my bottom lip, I didn’t like asking people to help me, I liked being independent but all that has changed since my father started the whole beating me up. To begin with, I’d fight back, now, I’ve realised there isn’t much point I’ll just get twice the beating.

Dixie lead us to the cafeteria, it seemed to just light up when we walked inside. It wasn’t how I imagined it to be, defiantly different from my old school. Everything was calm, silent, peaceful here. In my old school there would be riots, fights and stuff like that. I felt then, that maybe this could be a new start for me.

I grabbed a cheese sandwich and an apple juice from the counter, the prices were indeed cheaper here too. It would cost around $7 just for that in my old school, here however it was only $4, bargain.

Johnny stayed close by my side, grabbing a ham sandwich and an orange juice. “I’m hungry.” I heard him mumble a few times, I don’t think he meant to say it as loud as he did, and I don’t think he knew I heard him say it. Once we both paid, we walked with our heads down out of the cafeteria where Dixie was waiting patiently for us. A smile spread across her face. “Hey,” she said politely, even though we had just seen her a few minutes ago.

We headed to the ‘hang out’, all the guys were standing in a row up against the marked walls. My face instantly turned bright red as I spotted the one with black hair, snakebites and sparkly green eyes. He was.. Amazing.

“Dudes! This is Aidan, and this is Johnny..” Dixie beamed, she seemed delighted about adding more members to this friendship group they had. She stood in front of one, the one I recognised from my registration and music class. “Aidan, Johnny this is Matt, Brian, Zacky, and of course, Jimmy” she pointed to each one, clearly showing which one was which.

“Hey, s-sup?” Zacky asked, looking at us with his sparkly green eyes. I think I felt my face burn up again, at that moment.

“Yo, bitch. I’m Brian!” Brian stuck out his hand, suggesting that me or Johnny shake it. I didn’t want to fall for that again, knowing that he was a friend of Jimmy’s he would do the same as what Jimmy had done in music. That would just be humiliating in front of.. Zacky.

“Call me M. Okay?” Matt said in a deep, masculine voice. That seemed to rustle when he spoke.

“Don’t be such an ass, M-dog!” Dixie playfully slapped Matt’s arm as she said it, I was pretty sure they had something ‘going on’. By the way he looked at her, and the way she looked at him. They seemed like the perfect couple, the photograph couple. Matt’s hair a soft brown color, Dixie’s hair a little darker. His hazel eyes glittered with the shining lights. I was pretty positive if they weren’t already a couple they soon would be.

“What’s with the short shit being here?” blurted out Jimmy as he stared right at Johnny. Brian and Zacky burst out in fits of laughter at the question.

“You guys! Aidan isn’t that short!” Dixie protested.

“I wasn’t talking about the chick, I was talkin’ about the little midget boy!” Again, Brian and Zacky burst out in fits of laughter. Even Matt let a smirk slip onto his face, not being able to hold his laughter back much longer, he too burst out in fits of laughter. Dixie frowned, not pleased at all at how the guys were picking on Johnny. Though, to be honest, he is small for a dude. Taller than me, but shorter than them. Of course, for that, he'd get the shit ripped out of him, undoubtedly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word Count: 1070.