Status: Finished

I Won't Forget You

004

***
One Year Later.
Makenzie’s POV

It’s been a year, a year exactly to the god-damn date that I slept with Bret. You know what I’ve gotten since then. Nothing. NOTHING at all. No letters no anything. The stupid fucker. I don’t know why I slept with him because I don’t like him. I hate him, I loathe every being of his fiber. I hate him even more because I know I could never hate him, because I know that no matter what the stupid fucker does I’m still gonna love him, and I’m still gonna get butterflies in my stomach whenever I think of him. God-damn him!
I shook my head as I opened the front door of my home. My home, the words floated through my mind so carelessly as if I would have this place forever. I highly doubted that I would, but who knows I already has the house for five years, maybe I’ll be able to keep it just a little longer.

A red car flew by the road in front of my house, followed by a cop car, the lights flashing and the siren blaring. A typical day in the area in which I live in.
I walked down the little cracked path that would lead up to my house, to my crooked mailbox. The little red flag was up, so I assumed that I had mail, unless it was just those pesky neighbourhood brats again. Shame that me and Bret had never settled down and had kids. They would’ve been in trouble with the cops daily, especially with Bret as their father. No, no no no. I was thinking about Bret again, not a good thing, never a good thing because I just ended up missing him more. Muttering to myself about the little brats that ran wild around the neighbourhood, most of them being results of unprotected sex I pushed the little flag down and opened my mailbox.

Surprisingly there actually was mail in it, and it wasn’t soaking wet, which mean they hadn’t gotten the mailman with water balloons. Again.
The writing on the envelope was chicken scratch, but utterly familiar and my name was actually spelt correctly. Which meant that it was someone who actually knew me. I looked around my neighbourhood quickly before I shut the mailbox and quickly walked back into my house.

I slammed the door behind me then ripped open the envelope and pulled out two sheets of paper. I slowly sat down on the floor, blinking back the tears as I read the first note.

First off.

I’m Sorry.

Secondly.

I love you.

Thirdly.

I miss you like hell.

It doesn’t look like we’re going on tour again soon, but I’ll visit you soon I swear, I’m sorry I didn’t write earlier, it’s just we were so busy with the tour.

Love, Bret


I shook my head slowly. Asshole. Jerk. Fucker. The words that I used to describe him just weren’t working, I was glad he had written something to me, even if it had been a year. Then as a single tear rolled down my face I opened the second sheet of paper.

Late at night I close my eyes
And think of how things could have been
And when I look back
I remember some words you had said to me
It’s better to have lost at love
Then never to have loved at all

I won’t forget you baby
Even though I should
I won’t forget you baby
Even though I should, yeah

Sometimes in my head
I can still see pictures of you
And I laugh to myself
When I think of all those crazy things that we used to do
Although miles come between us
Just between you and me

I won’t forget you baby
Even though I should
I won’t forget you baby
Even though I should, yeah

I should let you fade away
But that just wouldn’t be me
Oh, baby
Although miles come between us
Just between you and me

I won’t forget you baby
Memories slowly fade
I won’t forget you baby
And all the plans we made
I won’t forget you baby


My breath caught in my throat as I read it and realized that it was a song, I smiled then saw a little note scrawled at the bottom of it as the tear fell off my face

I didn’t forget you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finished!