Sequel: Love By Our Side
Status: completed

Everything's Changing Now

baby i'm nothin' but bad news.

“Maybe The Lion King is a lot better than I remember it being…” Sophie said to herself, though Stephen heard her. He started laughing and was about to gloat that he was right when he felt a hand hit him on the back of his head.

“What the hell?” Stephen exclaimed, looking at Sophie, who was wearing an almost maniacal grin on her face.

“I didn’t say it was better than Mulan, I said it was better than I remember it being. Mulan is still number one, you can’t deny it,” Sophie stated, as she stood up, only to be pulled back down.

“No one hits me and gets away with it,” Stephen said, trying to sound assertive and threatening. He held Sophie down, not sure of how he was going to get his revenge.

“You wouldn’t hit a girl, you don’t have the balls,” Sophie laughed as she struggled to get out of Stephen’s grasp.

“No, but I would tickle one!” Stephen nearly shouted, pinning Sophie on the couch and proceeding to tickle her sides.

“No! All I did was barely hit you on the head, I don’t deserve this!” Sophie joked, managing to shift away from Stephen’s attack.

“Nuh uh, you’re not getting away from this one!” Stephen continued, successfully grabbing Sophie again. She shrieked and tried to get away again, though failing this time. Her movement caused her and Stephen to both fall on the ground, and because of how they were sitting, on top of each other.

“Uh…oh shit. Sorry about that,” Stephen mumbled, scrambling to get off of Sophie.

“No, it’s okay. It was my fault, I moved too fast,” Sophie responded, quickly getting up. They were both embarrassed and neither knew what to say, so they both awkwardly sat on the couch with the credits for The Lion King rolling.

“Um, we could go get dinner or something?” Sophie suggested, wanting to break the silence.

“Sure, okay, that sounds good,” Stephen nodded. “Ah, what just happened shouldn’t have been so weird. I mean, we’re friends, right? Stuff like that happens with friends,”

“Definitely. I just didn’t know if you felt weird about it, I didn’t-“ Sophie cut herself off before she could say she was kind of glad it had happened.

“All right, no more awkwardness between us then?” Stephen asked, wondering why Sophie had cut off her sentence so abruptly. He didn’t question her, though, he liked to think that she was going to say something about enjoying it, as he had. He seemed to have more and more feelings for Sophie every time the two hung out, he was too shy to act on them, and was scared she didn’t feel the same way.

“That sounds good to me. Let’s go eat.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is an awkward chapter, I love it.

More fun stuff...I'm in the middle of writing one of the "important" chapters and the more I think about how I'd like this to go, the more I think that there might be a short sequel. Does that seem like a good idea? Let me know what you think, and where you think this is headed! 24 subscribers now, that's freaking awesome considering this is my first story.