Status: Active, just a little slow.

Don't Fall Unless Someone Is Willing To Catch You

Chapter 6

“Amaya, you silly girl,” a soft, angelic voice hummed. I forced my eyes open and sat up. My eyes glided over to the little girl. She had white, chin-length hair, and red eyes. A bow sat upon her head, tilting slightly as she swayed left and right.

“What happened, Bikkuri?” I rubbed my back. It felt like someone shoved their sword through me.

Bikkuri laughed softly. “Don’t you remember, Amaya? Grimmjow pushed you because you called him ‘kitty’. All the words to choose from and you pick kitty, one of the words he strongly hates.” She closed her eyes and smiled. I guess being partly blind hurts her eyes to keep them open 24/7.

“Oh wait. Yeah, I remember . . . Stupid kitty. I’m going to beat him up when I see him next,” I mumbled, staring off into nothing. I perked up as I noticed something. “Why is it so boring here?! All there is is white. White, white, white. What’s up with that? Why aren’t we like in a park, or something?” Just as I said ‘park’ the landscape changed and formed into an abandoned park.

Bikkuri gestured towards the swings. Once we sat down she started to swing soundlessly. “Why were you thinking of an abandoned park? Wouldn’t you want a happy, joyful area, where families gather to have picnics and hang out?”

My mind drifted. She’s right. Why didn’t I think of a happy park instead of a neglected one?

“I guess . . . it’s just because I’m lonely all the time. Every time I make a new friend, or am just getting close to them, they’re gone. Every time I fall instead of being caught. Every . . . single . . . time.” A single tear shed my eye, leaving a trail of salty water on my cheek. I didn’t even bother to wipe it away.

“You know, Amaya,” Bikkuri’s soft voice echoed through my mind, “you’re in a coma. In Hueco Mundo. Because of your heart problems they said that when you got the pieces of the wall in your back that you went into an instant coma. They are examining you now. You have to wake up soon though, or they might kill you.” Her eyes widened in fear.

My hand found its way to hers and squeezed it. “Don’t worry, Bikkuri. Aizen won’t kill me. He wants me for something and I don’t think Gin will let him kill me . . .”
Her eyes flashed with anger. “Gin betrayed you before. What makes you think he won’t do it again?”

“The way he’s trying to prove himself again. Bikkuri, you don’t have to get angry. I know you still hate him, but you don’t have to be concerned. There is no chance for us anymore. I’ve moved on now.” Slowly, my feet started to disappear, working its way up my legs.

“Okay, Amaya. I’ll try. I’ll see you later, alright? Oh, and tell Grimmjow I’m going to kick his ass.” She smiled sweetly then left.

“Bikkuri, you are not allowed to swear! You’re only ten!” I yelled into the sky as my neck started to disappear. I heard her giggle.

“Sorry, Amaya! Catch ya later!”

I rolled my eyes then blacked out.

***
When I opened my eyes they stung. My hands flew to my eyes quickly, ripping whatever was on my face off. When I looked down on it in my hands, I flushed. “A . . . wet towel . . . on my face.” I shook my head and threw it on the ground. “Okay.” Something caught my eye as I glanced down.

“What the fuck?! Why the hell am I wearing this?! Who changed me?! Where’s my clothes?!”

“Oh, those shinigami clothes? We got rid of them.”

My head snapped in the direction the voice came from. A pink haired guy, I think, with glasses was standing a few feet away from me, arms at his sides. “Who are you?”

“I am Szayelaporro Granz, octava espada, but you can call me Szayel. You will be wearing that outfit from now on.” He walked towards me and stopped right beside the bed I was on.

I glimpsed at myself again. I was wearing what looked like a white shinigami robe with a black sash, and black socks with white sandals. A hakama. Right. “Why can’t I wear my black shinigami uniform? Why do I have to wear this . . . this stupid one?” I bunched up a handful of the white material and pulled it in all directions.

A shriek came out of Szayel’s mouth. “No! Don’t do that! It’s the only good one we’ve got.” He froze for a minute then smirked. “Unless you want a tight fitting one that shows off those nice curves--”

I slapped his hand as it made its way to my body. “Don’t touch me you sick pervert. God, you’d think the gayest of them all wouldn’t be perverted, but no!” I threw my hands up in the air.

Szayel pushed his glasses up and glared at me. “What’d you call me, little girl?”

Instead of staying in bed, my body had a different idea. In less than a second I was out of the bed and in front of Szayel, putting my face close to his. “I said, ‘gayest of them all’, meaning you.” I smiled sweetly and crossed my arms.

His left eye twitched. “WHAT?! I am not gay! I am not! Do I look gay to you?!”

“Yes.”

His eyes expanded and he started to yell. I leaned back on the bed and just watched him yell. I wonder if he knows that all I hear coming out his mouth are ‘blah blah blah’?

I watched him rant for what seemed like forever until someone came in the room. “Is Amaya up yet?” His whole body was directed towards Szayel, even though he was in front of me, where he could clearly see that I was awake.

I turned to face Gin in the doorway, giving him the, ‘you have got to be kidding me?’ look. “Gin, I am right here. Of course I’m awake.” I rolled my eyes and flopped back down on the bed. “Hey, Szayel, go get me a drink of water. I’m thirsty.” I glanced at Szayel from the corner of my eye. He was slightly twitching as he made his way around the bed and out the door. I scoffed. “Idiot.”

Gin came and sat on the edge of the bed. “So what were you doing out of your room after I had told you that you were only allowed to be out for a short time?”

“I was bored and you were sleeping. So I wondered out there and ran into kitt—Grimmjow.” I corrected myself at the kitty part. No need for him to hear it a second time around Gin.

Gin stared at me. “That’s all?”

I shrugged. “Pretty much. That’s all.”

He still gazed at me, trying to see if I was lying or telling the truth. “You’re lying,” he finally said.

I raised my eyebrow. “Really?”

“There has to be a reason why Grimmjow pushed you.”

“You’re right. There is a reason.” I sat there quietly, swinging my legs left and right over the bed.

“Are you going to tell me the reason, Amaya?” He leaned forward.

“No.”

“Why do you have to be such a smartass?” He frowned.

“Because I can be.”

“I’m back, Ass! I-I mean, Amaya.” Syazel smiled apologetically, a fake one for that. Yeah, when has Szayel ever liked me after I called him gay? Right. About three minutes ago.

“Oh, thank you so much, Shithead. I mean, Szayel.” Smiling sweetly, I took the glass of water from his hands. Slowly, I started to sip it. Without a word, Szayel walked right back out of the room.

“So can you please tell me the reason why Grimmjow got so irritated that he threw you across the hallway?” Gin gently placed his hand on my knee and leaned even closer. I gulped and avoided contact. Maybe if I won’t answer him he’ll give up?

After about a minute, his hand glided up from my knee a little bit to my thigh. I closed my eyes, praying he would stop. When I didn’t say anything again, his hand started moving again.

I ripped his hand off my thigh and pulled my legs to my chest. “Stop!”
He smiled pleasantly, and said, “Now are you going to tell me why he pushed you into the wall?”

“I-I cut him first. With my zanpakuto.” With my eyes closed, I focused on reaching Bikkuri.

Yes, Amaya-chan? I heard Bikkuri’s soft voice echo through my mind.

B-Bikkuri, I need help fast! I need you to make an illusion that I had cut Grimmjow earlier. I just need Gin to believe it, as to with Aizen. Please hurry. And tell him to go along with it!

Yes, Amaya, I’m on my way.

I reopened my eyes then glanced at Gin. He started to get up. He ambled toward the door, and then looked back. “Follow me, Amaya-chan.”

I gradually got up and grumbled. “Don’t call me Amaya-chan.” He either didn’t
hear me or didn’t bother to make a comment. Without a complaint further, I followed him willingly.

***
By the time we reached Aizen’s door, I could already hear shouting on the other side. Too be specific, Grimmjow was shouting.

We entered and everything just stopped. Grimmjow shut up as Aizen gazed at me. “Ah, you made it, Amaya-chan.” I sighed and rolled my eyes. Gin led me to stand next to Grimmjow, while Gin stood closer to Aizen up on his ‘throne’.

I glanced at Grimmjow out of the corner of my eye, finding him staring at me. I nodded my head towards his back where Bikkuri, I’m pretty sure, put the illusion of the cut. I closed my eyes for one second.

Bikkuri, does he know about the plan and that the cut is on his back?

Yes, Amaya, but I had to fight and fight with him until he would cooperate. That stupid jackass would not let me finish a sentence without screaming. I don’t know how you can even think about talking to him when it’s more like shouting.

I could just see her rolling her eyes. Okay, good. Can you tell him to not mess it up and be a good little kitty for me?

Yes, Amaya.

I watched Grimmjow’s reaction as soon as I was done talking to Bikkuri. I saw his hand flinch, but he stayed in still. He glared at me furiously. I just stuck my tongue out at him.

“Keep doing that, Amaya, and I’m going to rip it off,” he said in a low, dangerous voice, which didn’t scare me a bit.

“If you were to put your hand in my mouth I would barf on your face.” I said back, low enough so Aizen and Gin won’t hear, but enough for Grimmjow to hear.

“I can’t wait to kill you.”

“Why, isn’t that lovely, kitty. I can’t wait to kick the shit out of you.”

“Call me kitty one more time.”

I turned my head and shoved it in his face. “Kit-ty.”

The next thing I knew is I heard an ahggghh sound then wet goop sprayed onto my face from his mouth. My eyes widened. He just spit on me. Fine. Two can play at that game. I gathered up as much spit I could and with one swift movement, I spit all over his face. First, it stayed in the middle then it started to slide down.

I nodded my head, eyes squinted. “Oh yeah. Taste that.”

He grabbed, no, more like yanked, my hair so that I fell to the ground. Fist raised, he snickered.

“Oh, it’s so on.” I flipped him over and kneed him in the gut. Just as I was about to slam on his chest with both of my fists, he grabbed them and flipped me over. He brought his hand back and slapped me in the face. My reaction was to pull my legs toward my chest, but Grimmjow was on my stomach. So my knees ended up hitting him in the groin. Everything just stopped. Gin and Aizen looked over while Grimmjow fell back on the ground, hand covering his private. I shrugged and stood up, brushing myself up. I scoffed. “M is for Moron.”
Grimmjow just groaned, not paying attention to anything around him. When I glanced over at Grimmjow I just burst out laughing.

“What’s going on over here?” Aizen appeared in front of my laughing face. My eyes were squeezed shut, tears pouring out of them.

“We were talking about loogeys!” Then I just dropped to the floor and fell asleep. Guess that’s what happens when everything is funny. Too much air to the brain as I was always told.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I might quit updating this story on here... If you want to read it further, type in the story title at www.quizilla.com . My username is whenitthunders. (By the way, I think I might be starting a new slash story? Or whatever you like.)