Status: Updates: Comming Soon!

Shh, Just Go With It

Two peas in a pod, they're both monsters.

7:00pm
Outside Max's house.


"Evie! Please wait." Max said desperately as he emerged from the door.

I was already to the driveway, and just a few feet from my car.
"What Max? What?" I said spinning around.

He ran down his front porch steps and down the side walk to where I was standing. He placed his hands on my shoulders and sighed.
"Look. I don't know why you're mad at me. I thought you were going to help me. Come on... please?"

I shrugged his hands off my shoulders. "Max, how long did you date Caroline?"

"I don't know, maybe 3 months?" he said shrugging.

"And were you friends before then or what?"

Max ran a hand through his hair. "Well, not exactly. I met her at a club, and we kind of just hit it off."

"So you think 3 months is enough time to get to know a completely perfect stranger and fall in love with them?" I was started to get heated. He knew nothing about Caroline, that was evident.

"Well, hm let's see, it took you all of one night to fall in love with me. So yeah I guess so." he said smartly.

"I could never be in love with someone as oblivious and as shallow as you." I said coldly. I knew he was right though. I just couldn't let him know that. "What, did you and Caroline fuck as soon as you met?" And with that I turned to walk away not even waiting for an answer.

He hurried behind me and grabbed my wrist with his strong grasp and held it in front of my face. "You think you're so fucking smart, huh? That you know everything about everyone?" He said angrily his voice getting louder. "Well let me tell you something, sweetheart. I love Caroline. I knew she was the one for me the moment I laid eyes on her. Nothing and no one is going to change that. Got it?" And with that he threw my arm down so forcefully that I collapsed to the ground.

This was all becoming too much for me. I felt the tears welling up. I looked up at Max who was still raging.
"Let me tell you something about your precious Caroline. She dated my brother, Blake about two years ago. They seemed the happy couple, and then I had no problem with Caroline." I felt a lump beginning to form in my throat as I relived the past memory. "Little did I know that she had been cheating on my brother. It was about a month after they started dating, I was at the park with a friend and I noticed Caroline with another guy. They were making out and the guy had his hand up her dress. I couldn't believe it was happening. Oh, but that wasn't the first time, or the last time, no. Caroline had had sex with a different guy virtually every day that she and my brother had been together. Eventually, Blake got drafted to the Boston Bruins, and Caroline didn't like this. So she told him either to not play hockey and stay with her, or she'd break up with him. Blake obviously chose hockey, because it was his life, and she proceeded to tell him that she had sex with all these guys and cheated on him every day. That really messed my brother up, and it killed me to see what he had become, how much pain he was in. He didn't think he was good enough for anyone, he even considered not playing for the Bruins and just quitting hockey altogether. But I told him I'd go with him to Boston and take care of him so he wouldn't be alone. So reconsider if Caroline is really who she think she is before you s-say s-she's your-r everything." I was crying now. Just picturing my brother with red, bloodshot eyes just staring out the window in his room, a shell of what he used to be. Caroline is a monster. And frankly Max Talbot is a monster for "loving" her and how he treated me.

I looked up at Max. He was just staring at me. Speechless. I got up, and dusted myself off, and walked towards my car.

"Evie... wait. I'm sorry." Max said hurrying behind me.

I turned around looked him straight in the eye. I was crying so hard that I could only whisper one thing.
"You're a monster."

9:00pm
In bed.


Annie made me some hot chocolate. I must have looked like a wreck when I walked in because she freaked out.

I told her everything that happened.
"I think you were right with calling him a monster. That was borderline abuse what he did. You'll probably have a bruise in the morning for Christ sakes!" she said waving her hands around like mad.

I sighed and leaned back into my big fluffy pillows. Max had texted me and called me numerous times, but I was just not ready to face him. I didn't know if I loved him or even wanted to help him now. I mean, the way I see it Max and Caroline are meant for each other. They're both monsters, am I right?

"Hey, I made you some cookies." Annie said bringing a tray in. "You want to watch a movie?"

"Alright." I said reaching for one of the cookies. Mmm. Chocolate chip, and they were still warm. I'm going to get worms. Greaaaat. "What movie?"

"How about... Sex and the City?" she said smiling.

I rolled my eyes "Oh yeah, just what I want to see. Women in love and having sex. Good pick, horndog."

"Hey man, it's plenty full of break ups. Unless you want to watch a really sad movie. We can have a good cry."

"I think I've cried enough for one day, thank you. Sex and the City it is." I said grabbing another cookie and shoving it in my mouth. This should take my mind off old um... what's his name again?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello darlings!
I know it's been a bit. It seems the only time I can write is at 1:30 in the morning! hahha. Well, this is like a little bit of a rollercoaster huh? It will get even better I promise.
Love,
Me