Until The End

One Out Of Ten

Naomi and I lay on the bed, staring up at the fluorescently lit ceiling. My hands rested over my stomach, and Naomi had hers behind her head. Her feet hung off the bed because she was tall enough, but mine were at the end of the bed.

We probably looked like a couple to anyone who saw us. And though I had nothing against gay people, it was definitely not the case.

"I want Jimmy and I to get a house, too," said Naomi, "but I don't want be away from all of you guys."

"Maybe you'll get lucky like Johnny and I did," I replied. "I'm sure it could happen."

"Well, sure," sighed Naomi. "I just want the guys to be close in case something happens."

"I know," I said.

"Brian won't shut up about Sam," Naomi giggled.

"Good, maybe he'll stop being such a manwhore."

"I wanna know what happened to make him like her so much. He's talking about visiting her in San Diego next weekend."

"That's good for him, though. He needs a real girlfriend. I'm as close as he came, and even that was by a long shot."

"I hope Sam works out for him. Wouldn't they be the perfect couple?"

"Definitely. They were made for each other." I smiled to myself and added, "I can see them getting married. Can't you?"

Naomi nodded. "I miss talking about weddings. I can't wait until Baby Christ pops out so her mommy can have hers." She spoke more to my stomach than me.

"You and Johnny both, I swear."

"What?"

"You both want it to be a girl."

"Girls are adorable. We should know."

"Well, yeah, but it's a bit soon to know if it's a boy or girl."

"I'm betting girl. You and Johnny are made to have a girl."

"What if we don't?"

"Then...I don't know." Naomi laughed, and she covered her eyes with her hands. "I wanna have a little baby."

"Why don't you and Jimmy try?" I asked.

"I don't know. It's more for fun right now, you know?"

"I used to know. One time. That's all it took. I'd only had sex with Johnny once. Had it dozens of times with the others, but the one time I do it with Johnny is the one time my condition decides to fuck with me- no pun intended."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"Well, no. I just wanted to have it like you and Jimmy do. Fun until you're ready. I wasn't prepared."

Naomi sat up and looked at me. "Trust me, you will be the best mother in the world."

"What makes you say that?"

"Because you know what a blessing this baby is going to be."

"True. I suppose I should be glad it happened with someone I loved rather than, say, Brian."

Naomi laughed, "I can't imagine Bri as a daddy."

"Me either."

A man cleared his throat, and we looked up. He was wearing a dress shirt and slacks, and he looked almost pissed off.

"Ladies, I'm sorry," he said. "Other customers wish to view these beds, too."

"Oh, sorry," I said.

Naomi stood up and helped me off the bed. The man smiled at us as pleasantly as possible, but we could see his frustration. We'd been laying on the same bed for awhile now, probably blocking at least five others from looking. I took a card from the side pocket of the bed, and we went to look at couches.

"I mean, sure, he could be a dad," I continued as we approached a section of leather couches. "I just don't think he would have been a good choice for me."

"I hope he's committed to Sam before he gets her knocked up," Naomi said. She sat down on a black leather couch, and it creaked under her.

I sighed in agreement, but I didn't sit down. Instead, I looked over at the section of couches that looked softer. I stepped toward them, hoping they felt as soft as they looked.

Naomi saw me begin walking away, and she said, "Where are you going?"

"No leather," I said. "It's tacky."
♠ ♠ ♠
I love laying on beds in stores. They seem more comfy there than at home, right? Or am I just crazy? Hm...it's both I guess. Haha!

Comment! And check out "In It For Life" if you like Shinedown, Three Days Grace, or Sick Puppies. :)