Until The End

Deliver Us From Evil

Emma was released from the hospital the next morning, but I wouldn't leave. Johnny had taken great delight in carrying her everywhere, only letting me hold her when she needed fed. It irked me a little, but I could tell Johnny was happier than he'd ever been.

It was about noon that I got a text from Jacoby. I was sitting in Naomi's room, the only one really awake in the room, and he was downstairs waiting for the okay to come up. I left to meet him halfway, and I found him waiting for the elevator. Behind him were Tony, Jerry, and Tobin. I smiled and moved aside to let them in.

"Hey, Lissa," said Jerry, hugging me. "Lookin' good, girl."

"Thanks," I said. "Haven't dropped the weight yet. It's only been a few days since I had Em."

"How's the rest of the gang been holding up?" asked Tobin.

"Same as always, I suppose," I said. "Brian's got a serious girlfriend now. Zack's found himself a girl to chase after, and Matt is still a vicious horndog. Jimmy and Naomi and Johnny are sleeping right now."

"We can fix that," said Tony, smiling.

I shook my head. Jacoby leaned over me and pushed the elevator button. I made eye contact with him and smiled, and he returned with a cross-eyed smirk. We all rode in the elevator making small talk and catching up. On the eighth floor, when the doors opened, we all stepped out. I let the others get ahead, but I held Jacoby back.

Jacoby put his hands in his pockets and said, "Is anything wrong?"

"Not wrong, per se," I sighed. "You remember the last time you stopped down?"

"Yeah, how could I forget?" Jacoby chuckled.

"Well, they think that's around the time Naomi got pregnant and-"

"Stop."

I looked up at him. He was looking down at his feet, but he looked up at me when I stopped walking.

"If you're gonna tell me these kids are mine, I can't go in there," Jacoby said. "Those aren't my kids. Those are Jimmy's kids."

"They aren't all yours," I said. "Lita is Jimmy's."

"Wait, how does that happen?" Jacoby asked.

"Same as normal fraternal twins I guess," I said. "Except it's two sperm donors instead of one."

"This...this is crazy," Jacoby said. "I have a kid?"

"A son," I confirmed. "Alex Owen."

"Holy shit," Jacoby said. "I have a son. I have to go see him-"

"You can't tell Naomi," I said, grabbing his arm as he turned back to the room.

"Wait, she doesn't know?" Jacoby said.

"She had a paternity test done," I said. "She wanted me to look at it, and I told her she had nothing to worry about and that Jimmy was their father. But I lied, Jacoby. I lied to my best friend. I couldn't stand to see her trying to keep something like that from Jimmy, so I'm doing it for her. I know, I'm a terrible person. You can say it."

"You aren't a terrible person, Lissa," Jacoby said, putting his hand on my shoulder. "It's really awesome that you'd do that for her, actually. I just have to figure out how I'm gonna do it."

"I'm sorry," I said, beginning to cry. I sat down in a chair in the hall. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

He sat down next to me and said, "What do you have to be sorry about? When the kids are older and everything has passed, I'm sure I can say something to her. It's not like it's your fault. Lissa, look at me."

I looked up, and he smiled. He held his hands up.

"You're not the one who impregnated a married woman, alright?" he said. "I'm glad you told me. You don't have to bear everything yourself."

I nodded and wiped my eyes. He stood up first and offered me his hand. I took it, and we walked back to Naomi's room.

Jacoby shook Jimmy's hand first, and they exchanged a few words. Johnny was, surprisingly, letting Jerry hold Emma, and Tony was attempting to play peek-a-boo with her. I patted him on the shoulder.

"You look like an idiot," I said.

"Babies love this shit," Tony replied.

"She's too young," I chuckled. "Come back in about three months."

He frowned and said, "Well, shit."

I took Emma from Jerry, and I sat down in the chair Johnny had been in. I watched Jacoby lean down and bring Naomi in for a hug. He kissed her cheek, and she smiled.

"Liss."

I turned to Johnny and he offered his hands.

"I can change Emma if you want," he said.

"I should do it," I said, standing up again. "She needs fed anyway. You should call the others. I'm sure they'd like to meet Sam."

He nodded. As I left, I glanced at Naomi and Jacoby. He met my eyes for a second, thanking me silently, and I smiled in return.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think about the baby drama now? Updates might come faster now. Only a few left, then this little epic will be over.

Comments are very much appreciated. :)