Until The End

Until The End

18 months later

I rocked back and forth on my feet, scratching my shoulder nervously. Naomi sighed and held my hands down by my sides. She smiled at me, and I smiled back at her. There was a soft cry from the other side of the room, and I turned to see Emma in a baby pink dress, chewing on a teething ring. My emotions were getting the best of me.

"Don't cry, Liss, you'll ruin your makeup," said my mother, entering through the door behind me.

"I'm sorry," I said. "It's just really here. I can't believe it's actually happening."

"I was the same way when I married Jimmy," Naomi said.

"It's natural," Mom added. "I'm just so happy my baby girl is finally getting married. You look so beautiful, Lissa. You're all a mother could ask for."

"Mom, you're gonna make me cry," I said, taking a deep breath.

"Ma ma ma ma ma ma ma," giggled Emma.

I looked over and grinned. She'd been babbling for about a month now, no coherent words yet, but it was a start. Mom picked her up and brought her over to me. I kissed Emma's cheek, and she squealed with joy.

The guys had only been back from tour for about a week, and Naomi and I had been running circles trying to raise our children. Sam was there to help us when she could, and Zacky's girlfriend Jemmy (who'd eventually given in to his charming ways) was especially helpful, being a nurse. It was more difficult for Naomi, who had two babies to care for. Spirits were much better now that the guys were all home.

There was a soft knock on the door, and Sam stuck her head in the room. She smiled and said, "They're ready for us."

I closed my eyes and took another deep breath.

"You okay?" Naomi asked.

"Of course," I said, smiling.

I followed Sam, Naomi, Jemmy, and my mom out of the room. I waited in another hallway as my mom went to be walked down to her seat by Johnny. Jemmy hooked her arm through Zacky's and she smiled at me. I nodded in reply, just before she turned and began walking with him. I handed Emma to Matt, the only best man without a date, and he hugged me.

"You look amazing, Lissa," he said.

"Thanks, Matt," I said. "You don't look so bad yourself."

He chuckled as he began walking with Emma. She waved happily to Johnny, giggling and smiling, and I smiled to myself. Johnny waved back at her and blew her a kiss, and she giggled again.

"Good luck," said Brian, drawing my attention from my family. He kissed my cheek and added, "Don't make Short Shit faint, alright?"

I chuckled as Sam latched arms with him. They started walking toward the altar, and I turned to Naomi and Jimmy. They were both grinning from ear to ear at me, and I almost lost it. I put my arms around them, and Naomi rested her head on my shoulder.

"Lissa, you look so beautiful," she whispered. "Where have our lives gone?"

"God, don't say shit like that," I said. "You're gonna make me cry."

"Don't cry," Jimmy said. "Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. No, woman, no cry."

"Well, we'd better get down there so you can marry your man," she said.

She took Jimmy's arm and smiled. I watched them walk down the aisle, and I heard the music change. An arm locked with mine, and I looked over. My father smiled at me, and I smiled back.

"You're the most wonderful daughter I could ever ask for," he said. "I'm just sorry I didn't see it before."

"Dad, I-"

"They're waiting for you."

I nodded and turned to the altar. I stepped out into the aisle, and I locked eyes with Johnny. His eyes lit up, and my heart began racing. The kind of feeling I'd only ever felt when I started dating him, and the kind of feeling I'd have until the end of my life.

Love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all so much who have kept up with this story since the beginning, especially Melanie who continued to pester me about it until I updated. You can all thank her later. ;)

But seriously, thank you for reading. It's sad to see this story end, but I'm more than ecstatic that you all read it and, hopefully, enjoyed it.