Status: This story is still being written. Please bare with me.

I couldn't help it

Chapter Ten

My first period class went by too slow. I was anxious to get to second period. I wanted to see her, again. Maybe, talk to her. I don't know what had gotten into me. I was never this excited about seeing someone. I didn't even take notes during class. I was too zoned out. The teacher called my name several times to answer a question, and each time I didn't have the answer. Mr. Carlson just shook his head, and sighed.

"I expect you to pay attention, Miss Andrews."

"Yes, sir." I replied.

Second period finally came around. I hurried to class, not even bothering to stop at my locker. I was the first one there. I sat down at my desk, and waited. Finally, she walked in. Early, today. She took the seat, right next to mine. At first, I didn't know what to do. I looked over at her, and she was staring back, again. We sat like that for what felt like, forever. I didn't notice anyone else had come into the class. I didn't hear Mr. Ramirez ask me a question. I didn't see when he stood between mine and her desk. She was smiling at me, and I was smiling back.

"Rachel, and Carrie. Is there something that you would like to discuss with the rest of the class?"

Both of us, shook our heads 'no', and turned towards the front. I was still, however, smiling. Finally, I had gotten her name. Rachel. I sat through the rest of the class, saying her name, over and over, again. Rachel. The name suited her. If I had thought long and hard about it, I would have been able to guess it. Rachel.

The bell rung, shortly after that, making me realize that we had been staring at each other through most of the class. I watched as she left the room. Slowly, I gathered my things together, and left. As I started heading towards the cafeteria, I heard someone call my name. An unfamiliar, but pleasant voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally, a name! What do you think? Comments?