Status: This story is still being written. Please bare with me.

I couldn't help it

Chapter Three

The first week was tough. Trying to get adjusted to having a baby in the house. He hated to sleep. He wanted to stay up, all night. However, when he got tired, he got cranky. Nothing would go right. I didn’t pick him up, fast enough. The bottle wasn’t in his mouth, fast enough. Nothing was going his way. So he cried. And cried. And cried. Until things were perfect. Which they never were. Most of the time, when he was hungry, even if he had the bottle, he wasn’t happy. I already knew the reason for that one. He wanted breast milk. Something I couldn’t give him. My breasts have always been sensitive. They hurt to the point that I couldn’t wear bras. I couldn’t even get them on. So, I made the decision to feed Connor formula. But again, he didn’t like that. He was a stubborn little boy.

That particular personality trait came from Jason. The father. My boyfriend of three years. I was thirteen when we started seeing each other. He was fourteen. Until the day I found out, I was pregnant. Having a baby wasn’t in his plans. He wanted to be a star. A football star, no less. He wanted to be in the NFL. Dating a cheerleader helped his rep. But having a baby didn’t. So he left. He had a full football scholarship to USC. He left, and took my heart with him.

I loved him. He was not only my first love, but he was my ‘true love’, if you believe in that kind of stuff. I had plans for us. Long-term plans for the future. We were going to graduate high school, and go to college. He would study engineer. Mainly, as a back up for the NFL. I would study elementary education. I wanted to be a second grade teacher. Once we graduated college, we would get married, start our careers, and have a family. I guess we were doing it backwards.

Jason thought only his dreams vanished, when I realized that we were going to be parents. I had dreams, too. But despite all of that, I couldn’t think of Connor as a mistake. He was mine. I love him. I knew that he would have a huge impact on my life. He was simply, early to my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?