Status: Complete! Prequel is And All Things Will End and Sequel is Shattered By Broken Dreams

Second Heartbeat

Chapter 6

Everyone had gone home from the restaurant just after Brian and Stormy left. The house was quiet. Everyone was pretty much a sleep …except for two…

“I’m starting to feel bad,” she said.

“Don’t, if anyone should feel bad, it’s me.” He answered and kissed her bare shoulder.

“We can’t keep doing this,” she said playing with the pendant that rested on his chest from the necklace he was wearing.

“I know, but I don’t want to stop. I can’t stop,” he said turning his face to the side to kiss her.

She kissed him back when his lips locked with hers but broke the kiss as fast as it started.

“I can’t do this, I can’t. You’re leaving in two weeks, what am I supposed to do?”

“Wait for me?” he smiled.

She laid back and rested her head on the pillow looking up at the ceiling. Both of them knew what they were doing was wrong and both knew that they couldn’t go on like this much longer before someone found out about them. Although, one felt less guilty than the other both knew that this situation would result in heartbreak.

He turned on his side and started playing with her hair while she continued to look up at the ceiling. “We’re bad people” she said.

He sighed and kissed her again. “Stop thinking about it.”

She got up off the bed and wrapped a sheet around her walking towards the door. Looking back at him with sad eyes she spoke again. “You should go, or you’ll have some explaining to do.”

He nodded and got out of the bed. After putting on his sweats and his robe, he walked over to the door where she was standing and kissed her again.

“I love you,” he whispered against her lips.

“I love you too,” she said on the verge of tears as she opened the door for him.

When he walked out, he stood in front of the door wishing he could go back inside and stay with her all night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who could they be????? :)