Status: Finished (:

Another Night, Another Score

Don't Get Me Wrong, I Know You've Got Your Life In Place

Dani

I walked into the rehab centre, and went to the front desk to sign in. I sat down for a couple moments and then my name was called.

"Danielle Robinson and Alex Gaskarth? Dr. Barnes can see you now" the assistant called. I looked around, and Alex was nowhere to be seen. I shrugged, it wasn't my fault if he didn't show up. I grabbed my purse and let the assistant lead me to his office. I stepped in and he looked up at me with a smile.

"Come in and take a seat, Dani" he said politely. "Do you happen to know where Alex is?"

"No clue" I shrugged. Just then there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" Dr. Barnes replied. Alex then crept in looking disheveled. His hair was messy, and had a beanie overtop to cover it, he was unshaven, and he had bags under his eyes.

"Uh, sorry I'm late" he apologized and took a seat beside me.

"Oh Alex, please don't tell me you were drinking..." Dr. Barnes sighed in disappointment.

"I wasn't" he snapped. "I accidently slept in, through my alarm this morning" he scowled.

"I'm sorry, Alex. I didn't know. It was wrong of me to assume" Dr. Barnes told him calmly, and then started to type things into his computer.

"Damn right" Alex mumbled angrily and rolled his eyes. I knew Alex hated Dr. Barnes, but I didn't know he hated him this much.

"So, how did everything go the last time you both spent time together?" the doctor asked with a weak smile. Before I could say anything, Alex cut me off.

"Fine" he mumbled, picking at the dirt in his nails. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Everything was good, doctor. We all had a great time, and I hope you don't mind, but we each brought a friend along"

"Oh good, I'm glad to hear that. I don't mind friends at all, the help cut the tension" he smiled, and type a couple more things into his computer.

"Yeah, tell me about it" Alex scoffed. I upped an eyebrow at him, then shook my head. No wonder he wasn't making any progress, he's probably been mouthing off Dr. Barnes since day one.

Dr. Barnes and I started to talk about things as Alex sat there quietly, minding his own business and playing with his phone. Suddenly he interrupted us.

"I have a question" he told us. Dr. Barnes nodded and I looked over at him. "When will this be over?"

"When I see that you're willing to make progress when doing sessions with me, I thought spending time with other people will get your mind off of the alcohol, and band and you can have a good time"

"Okay, so let me get this straight. You want me to hang out with strangers, so that I can get my mind off things? Ha! Makes a lot of sense to me" he snarled sarcastically.

---

I walked out of Dr. Barnes office after a very... interesting session with he and Alex. I signed out at the front desk, and the took my purse of off my shoulder. I rummaged through it for my car keys, when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped and whipped around. It was Alex.

"Oh, hey Alex" I greeted him.

"Hey. I have to ask you something" he said. "Come on, let's talk and walk" I nodded. We started to walk.

"Why did you say we all had a great time, when you know it was awkward as fuck when we hung out?" he asked me. I shrugged.

"I guess in a way it was kind of saving you from Dr. Barnes. Think about it, if he would've heard everything was so awkward, he would've been annoyed if he heard neither of us had the guts to talk to each other. Especially the way you were beaking at him" I shook my head playfully. He gave me a smile.

"Well then, thanks for saving my ass. See you around" he said, walking to his car.

"Your welcome, see you around" I repeated, getting into my car. We waved once more, before speeding off.

---

I walked into the apartment, all lights were off and it was already 5:30, usually Dad got home at 4:30. I shrugged it off, and put my coat on the coat rack. I made my way to my room, and saw a note on my pillow.

Dani,

Went to the grocery store, be back soon.

-Dad


I crumpled up the note, and shot it towards the garbage, in landed perfectly in it. I swung my purse onto the bed, and grabbed my phone out of it. I slid it into my pocket and went to the kitchen. I looked through cupboards and the fridge in search of a snack. I finally found my favorite salt and vinegar chips and poured them into a bowl. I turned on the TV, munching on them, and started to play with my phone.

It started to buzz, it was a text from Jasper.

Are you home? I'm coming over

To: Jasper

Yeah, I'm here. I'll unlock the door for you

I put the chips down on the coffee table and went over to the door, I unlocked it, and sat back down, moments later, Jasper came in and sat down beside me.

"Hey Dani. Your dad isn't home yet?" he asked. I shrugged.

"He went to get more food, why?" I asked him.

"Well he told me if I saw you, I should tell you he'll be home in a bit, and he was leaving with some blonde chick..."
♠ ♠ ♠
TC: Coffee Shop Soundtrack- All Time Low
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed.
Thank you to all of our subscribers and commenters!
We appreciate feedback, so don't be a silent reader. : )
Peace & Love, Kennedy and Joyce.