Utopia

Ordinary

"Alright Will, explain to me how you can hit a volleyball like that and you still refuse to join any of the teams," Cara demanded as the two girls changed out of their gym clothes after the last class of the day.

Willa shrugged. "I'm just not that into sports Cara. I've told you guys that since sixth grade. Besides, it's more fun to just root y'all on instead of having to do the work myself," she gave her friend a joking wink and a laugh.

Cara rolled her eyes as she pulled on her shoes. "Planning on introducing me to any of those cute brothers you hang out with any time soon?" Cara teased changing the subject.

It was Willa's turn to roll her eyes and smack her friend's arm. "Honestly Car what am I going to do with you! You're boy crazy I swear! We're gonna have to lock you up to save them all." Cara had the grace to look offended before they both dissolved into laughter. Willa loved her friends for reasons just like this. She couldn't imagine living without them. She was really lucky. She knew it.

"Are you coming to watch practice this afternoon?" Cara asked swinging her backpack over her shoulder. "Beau's going to be there."

She shook her head grabbing her own backpack. "One, you like Beau, not me. Two, I have work. I'll be at your game on Friday though. Promise."

"You better be," Cara said pointing her finger at me with joking menace. "Have fun with that work stuff doll face."

"Have fun with that practice stuff angel cakes," Willa called back as the two friend separated into the dense mass of people leaving the school. To get the parking lot, everyone had to pass the gym. It made Willa work even harder to go the opposite way towards the back of the school where someone would be picking her up to take her to work.

It turned out to be David. "Peter any less grouchy?" she asked as she slid inside his car.

David grinned. "Nope! He and Richard were sitting on opposite sides of the ice cream shop when I left."

"All three of you are gonna be there today?" she asked surprised. "Don't you three have something to do like work?"

David laughed. "Nope. We got it all done in that run yesterday. Today's a free day and they insisted that you're the only one who can keep them from killing each other."

Willa sighed and shook her head. "Someone has got to tell me what those two did this time."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe, a little fun and light hearted-ness for y'all. Hope you enjoyed this little bit. Comments please?