Dead in the Water

Love Hurts

(Amanda's POV)

"Don't leave me." I whispered to Martin.

"Amanda?" I heard Erelin and Brendon both call my name.

"Over here!" I said.

"Oh my gosh! Our diner is a mess. What happened?" Erelin asked.

"I don't know. I was told to run. He isn't waking up and he is bleeding badly. I can't stop it." I said as I put pressure on Martin's wound.

"Here, I got him." Brendon said picking Martin up carefully. "Should we take him to the hospital too?" Brendon asked Erelin.

"No. Take us to Martin's place. I want you to leave us alone." I said.

"What! No way, you are crazy. Look, if Pete can get a transfusion and stitched up then so can Martin." Erelin said.

"No. I am sure my sister is going nuts right now trying to get everyone to ignore the fact that there is a vampire in their midst." I said.

"She has help. Micah is there believe it or not and of course Sisky is helping out." Erelin said.

"There is also me. I can help persuade people." Brendon said.

"I can do this Erelin. Martin is different then Pete. Pete has no one to feed on. Elissa can't give Pete her blood because she is a vampire. Martin needs fresh blood and I am the only one who can do it to make him heal faster." I said.

"I am not letting you do that." Erelin said.

"Try and stop me." I said in a fighting stance.

"I am not going to fight with you Amanda. I know how stressed you are. Fighting is not what is going to help Martin right now. Besides, Pete and the gang all lost their home. Everyone is on edge right now. We are taking Martin to the hospital and that is final." Erelin said.

"Fine." I said. "You can't stop me from what I need to do there, however." I said in my thoughts.

In the car, Erelin drove super fast. I told them everything that I knew. How Martin ended up the way he was, I didn't know other then the fact he was preventing Ian from hurting innocent people at the diner.

We got to the hospital and Brendon started doing his magic. As Sisky came out to tell everyone how Pete was doing he looked at me and started barking orders out and then headed into a surgical room I was not able to come in with Martin. I turned around to see my sister.

"I was waiting on news about Pete, what is wrong with Martin. I saw Sisky take off with him." Elissa said.

"Ian attacked us. When I awoke from passing out, I had this renewed spirit in me. I knew I had to go back because I had no clue what was going on back at Pete's. When Martin and I arrived we saw that Pete's place was up in flames. Ian showed up and we thought that we got away by entering in the diner. Ian threatened to start hurting everyone in the diner if I didn't come out. Martin ordered me to run. I tried to fight his hold but failed. I wanted to stay and fight. He protected everyone and fought Ian and now I may lose him." I said starting to cry.

"He is so stupid. It is my fight. I am the slayer. Why did Martin do that for?" I asked.

"He did it because he loves you and wanted to protect you. Amanda this is not your fault. If anything it is mine. I should have killed Ian when I had the chance. I was weak then but I am not anymore." Elissa said pulling me into a hug.

"I promise you, Martin will be ok. What happened to you though? Are you ok? You look horrible." Elissa said noticing my bruises and cuts on my face and arms.

"I ran as Martin told me. I finally stopped but I couldn't go back. I started beating up cars and such until three guys decided to mess with the wrong girl. No one calls me girly." I said with Elissa laughing a bit at that.

"What did you do?" Elissa asked.

"I kicked all of their asses. Why not? I had to vent somehow plus they tried to attack me with this switchblade. What if I was an innocent girl that was lost? I don't want to think what those guys would have done if it wasn't me there." I said shivering at the thought.

Sisky walked out and headed over to Elissa. Everyone gathered around him to hear news. I managed to sneak off.

I snuck off and found my way to where Martin was. There was no one in the operating room where he was. Martin's wound was stitched up but he was not getting any blood transfusion. I could feel Martin weakening. Why didn't Sisky get blood for him.

I walked over to a table that had a scalpel on it. I walked back over to Martin. I knew he was going to be super mad at me when he woke up but I had no other choice. I couldn't lose him and he had gone without blood for awhile now and he already lost alot from his fight. He was slipping.

I took the scalpel and cut my wrist. I bit down on my lip to keep myself from screaming in pain. I knew it would heal up but the initial pain is the worst. I then made sure to drop some blood on Martin's lips.

At first there was nothing. Then he started to respond. That's my Martin. I placed my wrist over his mouth and like an instinct he began to suck and take what he needed as he started to drain me. There was a danger to this but I didn't care. I was not going to live without him.

"Amanda, no!" Sisky said pulling me away from Martin after I don't know how long.

"I had to.." I barely got out and almost collapsing in his arms.

"Come here." He said placing me in a chair.

All I could do was to focus on Martin and hope he wakes up. Sisky started stitching my arm up. For once, I felt numb to the pain. He also started scolding me as he bandaged me up.

"You sit tight. I don't want the gang to see your new wound." Sisky said walking away.

"Where was he going?" I wondered and half out of it.

I got up and started staggering over to Martin. I kissed his forehead and held his hand. It started to jerk. It worked. Martin was now going to heal.

"Where did you go?" I asked Sisky who picked me up against my will and sat me back down in a chair.

"Put this on. You will get cold here soon so wear my jacket. It will cover your bandage. Drink this too." He said handing me a container.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's orange juice to help your immune system and blood count." Sisky said taking care of me.

I drank it all down and then went to get back up. "Whoa! Don't get up too quick." Sisky said.

"Sisky, I'm sleepy." I said.

"I tell you what. I will put Martin in a room with two beds. You can sleep in the other one. It is almost morning however so when Martin does wake up he will be trapped here like Pete until nightfall." Sisky said picking me up in his arms and carrying me to an empty room.

"What you did was stupid but what do you do when you love someone right?" Sisky said kissing my forehead as he put me in a bed. "When you wake, Martin will be here." He said as I fell asleep.