Dead in the Water

Mind Games

(Amanda's POV)

"Martin, we have to go, now! I said pushing him along as and as fast as I could.

"Why?" He asked.

"Ian was the one who hit you. We need to run. He was in that car. I saw him." I said turning my head as we ran.

The car was gone. Ian was gone. I slowed down my pace.

"I thought we had to run." Martin said turning around.

"He's gone. He came after me and instead he hit you. I saw him in that car. He grinned at me when I went to help you up." I said pulling Martin close. I know every inch of his body hurt but that was not stopping me from hugging him.

"He is trying to play mind games with you. He is trying to scare you." Martin said.

"Well it is working. I could have lost you." I said.

"But you didn't." Martin smiled as he limped to my car.

We drove to the hospital and had Sisky stitch up Martin's wound. He also gave him some blood to drink to help revive his cells to help heal faster. I was grateful that Sisky was willing to help. I guess he felt obligated to now.

After Martin was fixed up we drove back to our "home". I helped a sore Martin into bed and then went to change into my pjs. I climbed in the bed shortly afterward.

"So Ian makes an appearence." Martin said pushing my hair behind my ear.

"There was something familiar about that car. I had a flash of it...nevermind." I said.

"What?" Martin asked.

"It's nothing." I said shrugging it off.

"No, finish what you were going to tell me." He said. He always had a way of prying things out of me.

"It's just that when we were told that my sister had vanished and supposedly was "dead", I felt that she wasn't. I had dreams before I became a slayer. I guess it was part of the twin thing. I sensed or felt that Elissa was in trouble. I saw that same car in one of my dreams." I said.

"Maybe Ian had that car at that time." Martin said.

"Maybe, but what if Elissa has seen it. There is a story to it." I said.

"I think you worry too much." He smiled. "We will get Ian. He avoided us for two months but now he is back." Martin said rubbing my back.

"Hey, aren't I the one who is supposed to be taking care of you?" I smiled. The back rub felt really good.

"Well, I couldn't resist and look how tense you are." Martin grinned.

"I wonder why." I said.

"Where are you going?" He asked when he had finished.

"I forgot to check the machine for messages." I said heading to the room where the answering machine was.

There was a message from Nonnie and one from Elissa. Nonnie's I could call back in the morning but Elissa's was weird. She called me to tell me that her and Pete would be out late. Ok? Like I needed to know that.

There was a knock on the door. I looked at the clock in the kitchen which read that it was almost one a.m. Who would be knocking at a time like this?

"I'll get it!" I yelled down the hall to Martin.

I walked over to the front door and looked out the peep hole. I saw no one so I opened the door. On the floor was an envelope with a note inside.

I picked it up and opened it. It read: Two weeks, Love Ian. Then I dropped the note.

"Honey, who was it?" Martin yelled from the bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you guys think is going to happen in two weeks?

Is Ian playing mind games with our heroine?