Dead in the Water

How Do You Kill A Monster?

"What the hell?" Erelin said going after Ian.

"Erelin, don't!" I yelled but it was too late. Ian had grabbed her as she was in mid air and knocked her into Brendon.

"How did that happen?" Joe yelled as he fought off some of Ian's men.

"You can't kill me with this." Ian laughed about to yank the stake out of his chest.

"Watch me." I said as Pete grabbed my good arm.

"Elissa, we are getting tired out. He is draining us. There is too many of his men and he is too strong for us. Maybe we should pull out." Pete said as I knocked him out of the way to stake a vampire.

"No! He killed my sister. He isn't getting away again. It's my fault she's hurt. Was Martin not successful?" I thought aloud as I saw Nonnie and Frank try to hit Ian but he blocked their attacks and sent them flying hard onto the ground.

"Ian! If I let you have me, will you end this?" I asked tired of watching all my friends get hurt. We couldn't keep fighting anymore.

"Why of course, my dear." He said snapping his fingers.

I watched as his vampire army retreated back a bit which startled everyone but gave them a slight break and chance to catch their breaths; well everyone that could breathe that is. I had no other choice but to surrender to Ian. How could that stake not work? I looked at him to see he hadn't fully pulled it out of him yet.

"You can't do this! Are you crazy?" Pete replied.

"Pete, I love you but you are still hurt and recovering from Ian's attack earlier and everyone is tired. We can't go on like this." I said touching his face.

"It's true you know, Petey boy." Ian snickered.

"Elissa, we got your back. You can't give up. We aren't. We will fight to the death." Brendon replied.

"Yes, everyone." Andy added.

"I can't let you do that." I said.

"Then I will hold him off until sunrise. We can kill him that way." Pete answered.

"What? No! I am not going to sacrifice anyone. The sun would kill you too." I said shaking my head.

"Elissa, dear, I am waiting for you to join me." Ian impatiently replied.

"I can hold him off until sunrise too." Nonnie added.

"And me." Frank chimed in.

"No!" I said looking at Pete. "This is the only way." I said kissing Pete's lips.

"Elissa..." Pete said trying to drag me back to him but I turned, grabbed his arm and flipped him on the ground.

"I'm sorry Pete." I said turning to walk to Ian.

"Excellent. I am so happy you returned to me." Ian said grabbing my neck.

"Kill them!" Ian ordered his men.

"What?! No! I came to you. You are to let them go." I said.

"That was never the plan, dear." Ian grinned as he kissed me.

I reached for the stake to push it in harder in his chest but he threw me down on the ground. How do you kill a monster that refuses to die? I heard a gasp and looked up. Ian had a look of horror and blood run from his lips. He turned so slightly and I saw my sister standing behind him. My mouth dropped open.

"Guess what asshole. I'm back!" Amanda shouted at Ian.