Dead in the Water

This Has Been Some Night

(Amanda’s POV)
“Guys, listen. We have a bigger problem now.” I said trying to clean up the mess that Joe and Frank left on the floor. When they went at it, they knocked over a lamp and there was blood stains in the carpet from Frank.

“Here, I will get that. You go talk.” Chrissy replied.

“Thanks.” I said handing her the wet towel and cleaning supplies.

“What would that be?” Pete asked.

I looked around the room at everyone. How was I going to tell them this? Then I looked over at my sister.

“Ian is in town.” I said as Sisky squeezed my hand for encouragement.

“What? How do you know that?” Andy asked.

“I felt Beckett at the docks tonight. Sisky and I followed my instinct that led me to him. We hid behind a dumpster and saw that he was nervously waiting for someone. Then, I felt the most horrendous feeling in my gut. I heard Ian’s voice and out of nowhere out of the fog, he approached Beckett.” I said

“Elissa, have you felt anything?” Pete asked walking behind Elissa and grabbing her.

“Yes.” She sighed.

“Why haven’t you told me?” He asked hurt.

“I haven’t told anyone. Pete, you knew that he always haunts my dreams. This time he made it close to home.” She said as he rested his chin on her shoulder and held her tight.
I looked at Sisky who seemed to be bothered by their closeness. I turned to face him and smiled at him. His gaze fell back to me.

“Hey, I thought I was the one supposed to be worried about my sister.” I said half jokingly.

“Oh, sorry, it’s just that it seems that no one can catch a break.” He replied as I kissed him.

“Well, Ian is teamed up with Beckett now so that brings bad news.” Patrick said.

“What about Beckett?” Frank said as he and Nonnie came downstairs. They looked a little disheveled and I started to laugh a bit.

“Amanda said that Ian is back and he is working with Beckett now to get to Elissa.” Pete said.

“Who is Ian?” Frank asked.

“Come on babe over here in the corner and I shall explain.” Nonnie said leading him over to a chair in the training room.

“What else did Ian tell Beckett?” Jenny asked.

“He wanted me but Beckett told Ian that I was already dead which set Ian off who started beating the crap out of Beckett.” I said.

“How does Beckett not know you are still alive or still the slayer?” Chrissy asked confused.

“I don’t know. All I know is that I am linked to him somehow through my dreams and his thoughts but I guess for that brief moment where I died in the hospital and had to be revived, he lost all control over me from his bite.” I said.

I walked over to where Elissa was standing. “Hey, Beckett or Ian will not hurt you.” I said. “I won’t let them.” I replied.

“It’s not me I am worried about, it’s them.” Elissa said pointing to everyone.

“I am not letting you run away so if that is what you are thinking you can forget it.” Pete said.

I went to walk over to the living room to sit on the couch but I had to stop. A sudden dizziness came over me and I went to reach for the nearest object to catch my fall but failed. I felt arms catch me and looked up to see Sisky.

“Amanda, are you ok?” He asked looking in my eyes.

“Amanda, I knew you looked paler than usual. You looked like a dead person.” Elissa replied.

“Thanks, sis.” I said as Sisky helped me up.

“You want me to take you home?” Erelin asked getting up.

“No, I am fine.” I said smiling. “Really, I just lost my balance is all.” I said. The truth was that ever since I died and was revived, I have not felt myself. Signs did not show right away at first but I have been off ever since. I just choose not to tell anyone because I do not want them all to worry about me.

“Well, we’re leaving.” Sisky said picking me up over his shoulders.

“Hey, put me down!” I yelled as everyone looked in shock.

“I think I can make it back to my place before the sun starts to rise. I will keep an eye on her and make sure Amanda gets some rest.” He said giving me a stern warning look.

“Amanda, listen to Sisky, you need some rest.” Erelin said smiling.

“Whatever.” I said rolling my eyes knowing what she was hinting at.

“This has been some night.” I said as we went out the door.