Status: in progress

Tough as Nails and an Attitude to Match

chapter 7

Chapter 7

The guys were staring at me with both anger and worry in their gazes and this confused me. For starters Sam was the one who told Emily that he was going to ship me back home again, and all of them hated me like I hated them. So why the hell would they have worry in their eyes and anger when they have nothing to be angry about.
Paul still had his hand on my shoulder which made me slap it away and face the guys.
“Why are you guys here?” I snapped at them. They all stared at me like I was crazy as Sam answered.
“We have been looking for you for 3 days. What made you think that you could run away like that?” he said angrily.
“You were going to ship me off back home, so why stay somewhere where I’m not wanted” I said back while glaring at them.
“I’m not going to ship you off Anya, I was just frustrated over your attitude and said some things that I didn’t mean” Sam told me as if that would make things better.
“So whenever you get frustrated with me you’re going to just give up? I should have figured as much considering that everyone else in my life has given up on me so why would you be any different” I stated dryly.
“I’m not going to give up on you no matter what you might think. How about we just go back home and we can start over again” he suggested.
“I’m not going to change no matter what you might think” I snapped.
“I know that and I’m not expecting you to change anytime soon. If you want to stay as you are, cold-hearted and alone than who am I to stop you. All I will do is give you a roof over your head and food and water” Sam said before he turned around and walked over to his car waiting for the rest of us.
‘Not expecting me to change? What game is he playing at?’ I thought confused.
“Don’t worry about Bella or Edward, they won’t bother you” Paul said as he put a hand on my shoulder again. I turned around to face him and froze slightly as we stared into each other’s eyes.
‘His eyes look exactly like that wolf’s eyes’ I thought to myself before shaking myself out of the daze.
“Don’t touch me” I snapped at him knocking his hand away and walking towards the car.
As we made our way back to Sam’s house my mind kept running over the events of the day. Something weird is going on with these guys and I’m going to find out what it is. Also no matter what anyone may think I will not change who I am or my attitude for anyone.

When we got back to the house everyone went inside to eat because the boys were complaining that they were hungry. They were too caught up with hunger that they failed to notice that I stayed behind outside. I ended up sitting on the front porch looking out at the sky lost in my thoughts.
For some odd reason I found myself thinking if my life was truly destined to end up this way or if faith was just a bitch and wanted to make my life a living hell. Either way I couldn’t see myself changing to be a better person anytime soon, especially since I am stuck here in La Push for who knows how long.
I was vaguely aware of a presence standing behind me until a body sat down on the porch beside me. looking to the left slightly I saw Paul sitting there staring at me with this longing emotion in his eyes and on his face. I just rolled my eyes and resumed my staring at the sky being lost in thought.
“Anya? Food is ready if you’re interested” Paul spoke. I didn’t respond I just ignored him pretending that I was somewhere else, anywhere else but here.
“Anya? Did you hear what I said?” He asked in a hard tone obviously hating being ignored.
“I heard and I don’t care” I snapped back at him.
“What the hell is your problem?” Paul shouted at me standing up as if to intimidate me.
I turned my head to look up at him. “Me? What the hell is your problem?” I yelled back taking him by surprise by my response.
“What are you talking about?” he asked in return.
I stood up so I could be in eye level as him, well as close to eye level as I could get with him being tall. “I am talking about your constant staring at me, watching me when you think I don’t notice and pretending you care so much about me when you don’t even know the simplest thing about me to make you care!”
“Your living under Sam’s roof, we all are a family so you living here makes you part of the family! So why wouldn’t I care?” Paul yelled back.
I felt my anger snap as he said the word family. I slapped him as hard as I could making his head recoil and my hand burn. “I am not part of any fucking family especially where any of you are involved” I spoke in a deadly tone.
Time seemed to have stopped as Paul’s anger grew that I could feel the blood boil in his veins. He stepped forward until we were nose to nose with him staring intently into my eyes. We were so close that I felt him literally shake violently and could see the anger in the depths of his eyes. But the strange thing was that I saw something else in those eyes that caught me off guard a bit. Some type of emotion that no one has ever shown me before, an emotion that I couldn’t comprehend coming from him or anyone I knew. I was so caught off guard that before I could figure out what the emotion was Paul’s face broke from anger to softness. The next thing I know Paul muttered a “sorry” before jumping off the porch and running into the forest leaving me standing there shocked.
I couldn’t comprehend what happened that for the first time in my life I failed to realise what I should do. All I knew was that these boys held a secret and I wasn’t sure if I wanted to know what it was or not, and also the fact that that secret somehow was causing weird things to go through me making me confused and frustrated beyond belief. Something was going on and the stubborn side of me intended to find out what.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its taken so long...but please comment and subscribe and let me know what you think....feedback always welcome!