Status: in progress

In Love With a Bad Boy? Not Possible Especially When Love Doesn't Exist for Me

chapter 15

Chapter 15

I didn’t know how far or how long I drove around for but next thing I know I found myself in the local park sitting in front of a big tree in the middle. I felt no emotions apart from humiliation, torment, horror and memories flooding my mind and making chaos out of it. I wasn’t thinking clearly apart from memories of that horrible night running through my mind. My brain just couldn’t get a hold of Shelby and Tyson stooping this low as to reveal that horrid night to the school. I thought they were pathetic and attention seeking before but now they were ten times worse.
And Jayden? I hated the fact and it tore me apart even more that my first real friend since being here in America knows what happened to me. I didn’t know how Jayden could look at me the same knowing that I was violated like that by Shayne; how could he look me in the eyes without sympathy and sorrow and distaste in the depths of his eyes.

I didn’t know how long I sat leaning against the big tree in the middle of the park lost in my thoughts for, but sometime later I felt a presence watching me. Moving my eyes to the left I saw the person of my thought standing there. Jayden was just standing behind me staring as if he was trying to gather his thoughts or figure out a way to approach me without revealing what he was really thinking.
“Colby?” Jayden whispered stepping a little closer.
“How did you find me?” I asked softly still staring ahead into space.
“It really wasn’t that hard considering that you are the only person in this park” Jayden explained before he came forward and sat next to me against the tree. It was silent for quite some time as we were both lost in our thoughts.
“Why did you tell me about what happened?” Jayden said softly breaking the silence.
“Being raped by my ex-boyfriend isn’t exactly something I tell people when I first meet them” I said bluntly.
“I feel horrible about what that bastard did to you” Jayden said as he went to put a comforting hand on my shoulder. I moved out of the way before his hand made contact on my body.
“I don’t need anyone’s sympathy” I snapped dryly.
“I’m not giving it. I’m just stating what I think” Jayden snapped back before softening his voice. “Why didn’t you tell anyone or didn’t go to the police about what happened?” he asked.
“I was an emotional wreck after being still not over my family’s death and being just raped by someone I trusted with my heart. Also I didn’t know where the police were and by the time I found out where they were located Shayne was already long gone by then” I explained.
“But if you had told anyone then Shayne wouldn’t haven’t gotten away with what he had done to you” Jayden insisted as if the incident had only just recently occurred.
“It is over and done with and I thought that I would never have to deal with or see Shayne ever again. If I had known that Shelby was related to Shayne in anyway then I never would have enrolled in Central Fold High School at all” I replied bitterly. I felt Jayden tense beside me when I said this and it confused me.
“Even though they are related I am glad that you came to Central Fold High when you did. You may not realise it but I care for you” Jayden said the last part softly as if not wanting me to hear it.
“Why do you care?” I asked dryly.
“No one can control what the heart desires” Jayden said softly. When he said this my head whipped around in shock so I was staring at him in disbelief.
The strangest part was that when I turned my head Jayden was so close that I felt his breath on my face. Time seemed to slow down as we stared into each other’s eyes. Then he caught me off guard and the next thing I know Jayden’s lips were on mine in a sweet kiss.
Jayden kissing me was sweet and innocent. I felt weird being locked-lipped with Jayden when I haven’t been kissed since Shayne three years ago. Shayne’s betrayal had literally fucked up with my mind that I didn’t trust being with anyone or getting close to anyone of fear of being betrayed again; but strangely kissing Jayden like I was felt warm and secure with no sense of my fear coming to mind.
What was even stranger was that I soon found myself kissing Jayden back. I didn’t know where my life was going to go now that this even had happened but whatever it was I felt prepared and strong enough that I could handle any obstacles in my life including Shayne, Shelby and Tyson.
The kiss with Jayden made me enjoy my life and made me the happiest I have ever been since leaving Australia.

End chapter 15
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's taken so long for next chapter
enjoy and comment :)