Caught in a Bad Romance

I.

“Can you just promise to not get in to that much trouble?” I heard Luka ask me while we got to the hotel. “Lena? Lena? Helena are you listening to me?” he barked out.

“Yes, yes I heard you big head!” I shouted at him causing our friend Niko to laugh.

“Lena I’m glad you came.” Niko chuckled as we got out of the taxi.

I currently was on vacation, where you ask? Ukraine, why would I be going on vacation there of all places, because my brother was Luka Modrić renowned midfielder for the Hotspurs and the Croatian National team. He had asked me if to go along with him to the Euro finals. I mean I guess I couldn’t complain? I had all access to the Euro Cup, and had lists of parties and events to now go to all thanks to my brother.

“I’d be glad if you told big head to calm down.” I smiled to Niko.

“You know he there’s no talking to him when it comes to being over protective over you.” He answered back as he handed me my suitcase.

“Thank you,” I smiled, “This is true but he forgets I am 23.”

“I’m 24 so you have to listen to me!” Luka rebutted.

“I give up,” I said rolling my eyes as I followed in after the two of them. “So is it just Croatia that is staying here or is it like your group, or countries that are in the same area…” I trailed on hoping one of them would stop me at some point.

“There’s about 5 teams in this hotel, they broke us all up in to three in total.” Luka explained.

“Why do you ask?”

“Just curious, jeez big head calm down.”

“Lena stop calling me big head!” He exclaimed making a few of his near by teammates laugh.

I just giggled as we went to check in at the front desk. Of course, I had a room to myself luckily however it was adjoined to Niko and Luka’s room.

“You know, if I didn’t know any better I’d say you’re cheating on your wife with my brother
Niko.” I smirked as we headed for the elevator.

“I’d say you’re looking for a reason for me to pull pranks on you while you sleep.” Niko retorted.

“But! Niko! Mi amor!” I exclaimed in an exaggerated tone.

“This is why you should let her go off and do as she pleases.” Niko told Luka.

“If I did that, we’d be bailing her out of jail every night.” Luka mumbled.

“That was only one time, and it clearly was not my fault.” I defended.

“Lena, you climbed up and passed out on top of a statue in the city center of Zagreb! How was that not your fault?”

“I blame Ana.” I said folding my arms, “She told me I couldn’t climb up the statue and I could.”

“I won’t go there.” He said shaking his head as we got to our floor.

Luka handed me my room key as we got to our rooms and walked in. I plopped down on the bed and closed my eyes as soon as I entered my room. Two seconds later there was a knock on the adjoining door.

“Lena is not here right now, leave a message.” I shouted.

“Come on Lena, open the door.” I heard Niko’s muffled voice.

“I’m opening it only because I like you.” I explained as I unlocked and opened the door.

“Want to go investigate the hotel and possibly hit up the bar?” He asked me with a smirk.

“Where is Luka?”

“Shower.”

“Give me five minutes to change and look human and you have yourself a deal.” I smiled running to my suitcase and dragging it in to the bathroom with me.

I quickly changed out of the sweats I had on and in to a pair of black skinny jeans, a strapless white shirt, and black flip flops. I quickly put on some make up, and three minutes later came stumbling out of the bathroom putting on my lip gloss and grabbing my room key and bag.

“New record, three minutes!” Niko chuckled as we headed out the door and to the elevator.

“I thank you.” I said bowing as we walked on the elevator. “Oh I have to remind you now, have you called Simona?” I asked him.

“Yes I have, thank you very much.” He nodded.

“Good.” I smiled as we hit the lobby.

Niko and I walked around for about a half hour, we found the pool, the sauna and spa, the hotel restaurant, and ended out small tour at the bar and lounge.

“I just don’t understand why we can’t check out the one on the roof.” I stated as Niko and I sat at a table near the wall of the lounge.

“Because we’re waiting for Luka to go there.” Niko chuckled.

“Ruin all of my fun, so have you found out which teams are here yet?” I asked as I glanced at the line at the bar.

“Not yet, as soon as I do you’ll be the first to know.”

“Aw Niko I’m glad to know I’m still your bottom bitch.”

“Lena!” He said laughing.

“I clearly am still hysterical.” I smirked, as one of the guys off the team came up to us.

“Niko there’s a small press conference going on in ten minutes Bilic wants you there too.” Vedran told Niko, “Hello Lena, it’s been a while.” He added noticing me sitting there.

“Yup,” I nodded, as I saw Niko give me a frown. “Go, I have a book I’ll be here still when you and big head get back.” I assured him.

“Stay out of trouble for my sake.” He pleaded kissing my cheek as he jogged off with Vedran.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lena's outfit