Caught in a Bad Romance

II.

A few minutes later, a waiter came over and I ordered myself a glass of wine while I pulled out the book and my cell phone I had in my bag.

“Let me guess making sure your English doesn’t worsen while you’re in the land of tight shorts and balls?” My best friend back in New York, Andrea asked as she picked up.

“Something like that.” I laughed finally being able to speak English.

“So what’s up, what time did you get there?” She asked me.

“About an hour ago, Niko and I snuck out to see the hotel and everything as well as hit up the bar.”

“So why are you calling me if you’re with Niko?”

“Because he had a press conference and I miss you.”

“I’m yesterday’s meatloaf to you!” She exclaimed.

“Yes, that’s exactly it.” I mumbled sarcastically.

“So what are you doing tomorrow?”

“Probably on my own in the day time, since they have training. I might go to the game that’s tomorrow.”

“When is your brother and Niko playing?”

“Day after” I explained as I saw a large group of cameras and women dart in one direction.

“I think maybe England is here.”

“Why?”

“Huge crowd of cameras chasing after someone, probably Becks.”

“I somehow doubt they’d put the Croatians and English together in a hotel after the world cup fiasco.”

“This is true, who could it be then?”

“You seem to neglect the fact that your homeland bares pretty hot looking men.”

“Anyway!” I said shaking my head.

“Brook called by the way.” She added.

“Okay,”

“Oh come on just give him a chance he’s cute as all hell and loves Jesus!”

“I didn’t know that was needed characteristics of people I should date.”

“You’re in denial you totally like him and want him to sweep you off your funny talking feet and take you to California for forever and ever.”

“And what about you?”

“I don’t mind relocating, I hear it doesn’t snow over there.”

“Okay, I think I’m going to go before you start lecturing me again.” I chuckled, “I’ll text you.

“No problem Princess, have fun and tell your team I say good luck!” She added before she hung up.

I sat quietly reading my book until I felt the table shake a bit as someone sat down across from me.

“That was fast,” I said looking up and not seeing Niko or my brother there.

“Hello, I couldn’t help but notice you were here by yourself. I figured I’d keep you company.”
The new guy said smoothly in a thick accent.

“Ever think perhaps I was enjoying myself?”

“I’m sorry I didn’t introduce myself, I’m-“

“Cristiano Ronaldo , yes I know who you are.” I told him

“A fan?” He smirked.

“Not close.” I shook my head. “I’ve watched you make an ass out of my brother multiple times while you were still on Man united.” I explained closing my book and getting up.

“Brother?” He said confused, as he darted up and followed me as I went to return my glass to the bar. “Who’s your brother?”

“Luka Modrić, hotspurs.” I said simply.

“I never knew he had a sister.”

“I never knew you couldn’t take a hint.” I told him rolling my eyes as a guy with brown hair and eyes approached us.

He looked familiar but then again half the people here looked familiar to me. Fuck, where was Niko or Luka to get me out of this situation.

“How about I make it up to you by buying you a drink maybe?” Cristiano pressed.

“There you are!” The brown haired guy said coming up to me.

“I’m sorry?” I said giving a confused look as he winked at me.

“Don’t be I wasn’t clear which bar to meet me at.” He said taking my hand in to his and kissing it.

“Iker, you know her?” Cristiano asked with wide eyes.

“Of course I do.” He smiled, “Now if you’d excuse us, we have a lot of catching up to do.” He added, as he led me down the hallway.

“Do I know you?” I asked confused.

“No, but your welcome.” He said flashing me a smile.

“Helena!” I heard Luka’s voice from behind us.

The guy immediately dropped my hand, as I flashed him a sympathetic look.

“Yes, big head how was press?” I asked turning around and seeing Luka standing there with a confused look on his face as I approached him.

“What were you doing with him?” Luka asked me as he led me to the elevator my guess was to go meet up with Niko.

“For the record I don’t even know who him is.” I said putting my hands up in defense as we walked off the elevator on to the roof lounge.

“Where was she?” Niko asked.

“Holding hands with Casillas.” Luka told him while I headed straight to the bar.

“So what was that all about?” Niko asked me as I came back with three beers.

“Your favorite Portuguese man wanted to buy me a drink. This Casillas guy was my knight in shining Reeboks.” I told him.

“Ronaldo was trying to get in your pants?” Niko said in disbelief.

“As a consolation for making a fool of my dear brother. Apparently it’s make a fool out of the brother, and then bang the sister to make it up to him and her?” I shrugged.

“I hate that guy even more now.” Luka mumbled. “Don’t go around by yourself, hang out with the wives and girlfriends.”

“Definitely not.” I said shaking my head. “I’ll be fine on my own.” I told him.

“Like you were tonight?”

“Luka what do you want? Guys come up to girls time to time. Even you do it.”

“She has a point.” Niko nodded.

“I curse the day you hit puberty.” Luka mumbled.

“And I curse the day you were born, consider us even.” I smirked