Caught in a Bad Romance

XI.

I motioned to Eugene while they were in between songs so I could give him the beer.

“Thank you,” He smiled taking it, they then went in to the next song a few seconds after.

“Now this next song, we’re going to have a little help.” Eugene explained.

“Oh no,” I mumbled hiding behind Luka and Niko.

“Lena, oh Lena my darling.” Eugene went on as the two of them pushed me on stage. “There you are! Here you go.” He added handing me a tambourine.

They began playing “Think locally, Fuck globally.” And I danced with Eugene and played the tambourine losing all shyness after the first minute.
I didn’t see Iker for the rest of the night, and after the show I headed straight to the hotel bar with Eugene to tell him what happened.

“You can’t win them all Lena.” He comforted as we had another shot.

“I can’t win period.” I grumbled. “All the assholes turn out to be sweethearts and all the nice guys are assholes.”

“Well I could have told you that.” He chuckled.

Around 3 am Eugene left, I was finishing my beer and deciding whether or not to order another one.

“Need some company?” Someone asked me.

“I need more than that.” I mumbled as Cristiano sat next to me on the other stool. “What are you still doing up?” I asked him, as he ordered a drink.

“More fitting question is what you are?”

“I was hanging out with a friend until he left.”

“So why are you still here?”

“Don’t feel like going back yet. Now what’s your excuse?”

“Just got in from a club, saw you here figured I’d come and say hi.”

“And get another drink?”

“Why not.” He chuckled.

Needless to say I never went back to my room that night. And I ended up doing something I’d eventually regret when I wasn’t so vengeful.

“Where are you going?” Cristiano asked me as I slipped my shoes back on that morning.

“Croatia game is today, I have to shower and get ready.”

“I’ll go with you.” He told me getting up and giving me a kiss as I left the room.

“And look who finally comes back!” Luka exclaimed as they heard me enter my room.

“What happened to you last night?” Niko asked while Luka must have been in the shower.

“I’d rather not share it.” I said shaking my head.

“Eugene?” He asked as I shook my head. “What happened?”

“Ehh I really don’t think telling you would be a good idea.”

“Lena, you can tell me anything.” He said as I sat next to him. “Where’d you get that?” He
asked pointing to my shoulder.

I looked and saw a huge hickey on my shoulder.

“Jesus,” I mumbled. “After Eugene left last night I was finishing my drink and Ronaldo showed up.”

“Okay” He nodded and then everything clicked. “Please tell me you didn’t?”

“I did.” I sighed.

“Don’t let Luka find out whatever you do.”

“He’s going with me to your game.”

“Oh Christ.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Are you happy or was this just cause of what happened with Casillas.”

“Who knows, he’s not that bad.”

“As long as you’re happy.” He said kissing my forehead.

As soon as they left, I took a shower and changed in to a red and white plaid shirt, shorts and sneakers. Had to rep my country somehow right? Once I finished putting my hair up in a pony tail and finding my red sunglasses I headed down to the lobby to grab a red bull before I headed to the stadium.

“Lena!” I heard the thick Portuguese accent from the outside of the shop I was in.

“Yo?” I simply said as I paid and left the shop to see Cristiano standing outside.

“Ready to go?” He asked me.

“Yeah, sure.” I nodded, as we walked out of the hotel. “You know we’re walking right?” I asked as he began hailing for a cab.

“Oh?”

“It’s only 15 minutes.”

“Unlike Iker, I’m not one who can really walk around in public.” He said with a cocky grin, making me cringe.

Who was I kidding? I missed Iker.

“Okay, so let’s race then and see who get’s there faster.” I smirked as I took off running in the direction of the stadium.

I figured if I ran fast enough considering the traffic jam to the stadium I’d be able to ditch him. Hell if I had to sit with the wives and girlfriends today I’d take it. The thing is, it’s not that Cristiano is bad person, it’s just he really wasn’t my type outside of his really good looks and awesome body. When I got to the stadium I figured I’d hide out in the locker rooms for a bit.

“Lena you can’t be in here!” Niko exclaimed pulling up his shorts as I walked in to the locker room.

“Please I’m sure that hasn’t changed in the past five years.” I mumbled.

“Luka your sister’s here!” One of the other guys shouted.

“Lena! What the fuck!” Luka exclaimed finding me.

“I’m hiding.” I whispered.

“From who?”

“Ronaldo.”

“Why?”

“It’s a long story, where’s Bilic?”

“Why?”

“Don’t give me questions, give me results!” I exclaimed snapping him with Niko’s sweatpants.

“Niko can you take her to Bilic since you’re ready?” Luka asked, as Niko nodded and took me through the lockers.

“I thought he wasn’t that bad?” Niko asked me.

“Outside of sex he is.” I grumbled.

“Lena please!” He said making a painful face.

“What the guy’s a fucking beast, but I need substance.”

“So how’d you manage to ditch him?”

“You know how Iker and I walk?”

“Mhm.” He said opening a door as I followed.

“Well when I brought that up to him, he made this cocky remark how unlike Iker he can’t go out in the public. So I told him we’d race, and I ran here in five minutes.”

“Impressive, Slaven Luka’s sister wanted to talk to you.” Niko said letting me in to the small office looking room, and stood behind me.

“What can I do for you Helena?” He asked giving me a smile.

“Can I please sit with you during the game?”

“Out of the question, why?”

“I don’t want to be stuck with Cristiano Ronaldo.” I told him, as I heard Niko chuckle. “If we didn’t value your feet so much I’d step on your toes right now.” I mumbled to him.

“Focus Helena, why would you be stuck with him?”

“Cause he’s got a bit of a crush on her sir.” Niko answered.

“Aren’t the women in love with him?” Bilic asked giving me a confused look.

“The guy’s a jerk!” I exclaimed, “A hot one, but no less a jerk.”

“Helena its against the rules for me to have you there. I’m sorry.”

“But what if I like wear like Niko or Luka’s tracksuit and a hat and they’ll think I’m a player?”

“I’m sorry, you just can’t the most I can do is try and get you in to the owner’s box.”

“He’d be able to get in there.” I said tapping my chin with my finger as I thought. “Can I hide here?”

“No.” He said shaking his head.

“Okay fine.” I sighed. “Thank you for your time.” I told him giving him a hug as I left the room
with Niko.

“I’m sorry Lena.” I heard him say behind us.

“With the amount of people here I’m sure you not being found won’t be so hard.” Niko explained as he walked me out of the lockers.

“This would have been so much easier if Iker’s girlfriend wasn’t here.” I mumbled as my phone started ringing. “Speak of the devil.” I mumbled.

“Maybe he can help you, I’ll see you back at the hotel.” Niko told me as I hugged him and kissed his cheek before I left answering my phone.

“Hello?”

“Lena? Where are you I knocked on your door for five minutes there was no answer. I just got to the stadium.” Iker’s voice came through the other line.

Even when I was angry with him, he still ended up being my knight in shinning Reeboks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lena's outfit