Caught in a Bad Romance

XII.

“I’m just leaving the locker rooms.”

“Meet me at the lounge?”

“No!” I exclaimed.

“Why not?”

“I uh I thought about how you mentioned I drink too much and am starting the twelve step program.”

“Lena that was only a joke.”

“Meet me at the bathrooms on the fourth level.”

“Why all the way up there?”

“Pre game superstitions.”

“Are you okay?” He asked as I headed for the stairs.

“Fine, bye!” I exclaimed as I ran.

When I got to the bathrooms I was slightly out of breath from running up all the way from the basement.

“There you are!” Iker exclaimed walking to me as I rested against the wall trying to catch my
breath. “Did you run up here?”

“I like running today?” I huffed, as I noticed something. “Where’s your girlfriend?”

“She doesn’t care for football.” He answered.

I just nodded, as I noticed it was almost time for the national anthems to be played.

“Shall we head to the seats?”

“Yes, just you realize they directed me to sit on the ground level right?”

“I’m sure we can find seats up here.” I said heading for the seats as Iker grabbed my hand
and dragged me to the elevator.

“Fuck my life.” I mumbled in Croatian.

I put my sunglasses on and kept my head down as I stood behind Iker on the elevator not wanting to take any chances.

Iker and I didn’t really talk to one another like we normally would during a game. It seemed like there was a lot of tension between him and me so I ignored it and went on cheering. By the end of the game I had lost my voice however Croatia had won. Iker and I walked back to the hotel where he headed to go see his girlfriend and I went to my room to catch up on some sleep.

“Lena? Are you in here?” I heard Luka’s voice, waking me up from my nap.

I got up and went in their room, to congratulate them.

“You did it!” I said in my raspy voice.

“What the hell did you do?” He asked me as I hugged him.

“Cheered for you for 90 minutes straight on the top of my lungs.”

He smiled and messed up my hair.

“So what are you up to?” Niko asked.

“Was just napping.” I told them, as there was a knock on my door. “Niko I’m not home.” I said running to hide in their bathroom, making them laugh.

“Uh Lena?” I heard Niko ask as I poked my head from out of their bathroom.

“Who was it?”

“This came for you.” He said explained walking in holding a bouquet of white lilies.

“Huh?” I asked walking out and taking them from him.

I found the card and opened it.

Lost you today, breakfast tomorrow? And it was signed from Cristiano making me slightly feel like crap for ditching him earlier.

“Who’s it from?” Luka asked snatching the card. “Trying hard much?” He chuckled as he
read the name.

“It’s nice of him.” I sighed as I went and put them in my room.

I went and quickly changed in to a skirt and tank top, slipping a pair of sandals on again.

“Where are you going?” Luka asked me as he saw me grab my room key, cell phone, and shoving some money in my skirt pocket.

“Might as well say thank you for the flowers.” I told explained.

“Fine, we’ll see you at dinner.” He sighed as I left and headed for Cristiano’s room.

I knocked lightly on his door, and then waited for someone to open up. A few seconds later the door opened and there he stood towering over me with a smirk on his face.

“Lena, this is a pleasant surprise.” He said letting me in.

“Thank you for the flowers.” I told him with my still horse voice.

“What happened to your voice?”

“The game, which I’m sorry about losing you.”

“It’s not your fault we never thought to come up with a spot to meet at.” He said as I sat on the
bed crossing my legs. “You look very nice, all dressed up just to say thank you?”

“Well that and because after seeing you I’m probably meeting everyone to go eat.” I explained watching him sit next to me.

“I see.” He nodded as he leaned in and kissed me.

So much for a one-night stand, I ended up missing dinner, and the club they went to. In fact I never left Cristiano’s room that night. After him and I went for breakfast that morning, I went back to my room to spend the day with Luka and Niko.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the new subscribers, I'd love to hear from you all about you're view on the story.