Caught in a Bad Romance

XIII.

“What happened to you last night?” Luka asked as I walked in to their room. “How long does it take to- oh god Lena did you sleep with him?” He exclaimed catching on.

“Well the upside is maybe he’ll throw the game if you have to play Portugal in the final?” I chuckled nervously.

“So are you and him dating or something?”

“God no.” I said shaking my head. “Just sex.”

“Too much information!” He shouted covering his ears making me laugh. “Go get tested or something.” He added.

“Aw I love you too brother.” I hugged him.

“Ew you smell like him! Go shower.” He laughed pushing me away.

“You suck!” I exclaimed heading back to my room to shower and get dressed.

“I think Luka took it pretty well that you spent the entire night with the him.” Niko said as I walked out of the bathroom showered and changed in to a pair of jeans and a tee shirt on.

“Can we not talk about it?” I grumbled tying my hair up in a ponytail. “What are we doing today?”

“Get lunch, go shopping and whatever else we can think of. But mainly relaxing, and getting ready to see who we’re going to have to face.”

“That’s right the Spain Portugal match is tomorrow.”

“So how did sitting with Casillas go?”

“Awkward, we didn’t really speak to each other like we normally would. And I think he was even rooting for Holland to spite me. I don’t understand you men.” I sighed shaking my head.

“Says the most hard to read woman in the world.” Niko chuckled.

“I am not hard to read.” I defended, “You’re just dyslexic.” I added making him smile.

“ You probably just misinterpreted his niceness towards you as him having a crush on you.” He told me as I looked for my sneakers.

“You always knew how to kill any traces of confidence I have.” I mumbled as I found one.

“What was that?” He asked.

“Never mind.” I said clearer and shook my head digging through the bag for my other sneaker.

“You’re going to be hot in that.” He said changing the subject.

I let out a sigh and grabbed another shirt from my bag and switched it.

“Lena come on!” Niko exclaimed.

“I have a bra on, what’s the deal?” I asked him shaking my head as I found my other sneaker.

“That’s just not right to do.”

“Did you see anything? I mean my back was to you so what did you see really?” I asked him.

“Still.” He mumbled.

“You knew I was in the shower yet you came in the room, what would have happened if I didn’t take my clothes in there? You put yourself in the situations sometimes.” I told him shaking my head.

He didn’t seem to have a response so he turned on the TV instead while I did my make up.

“I never noticed that tattoo on your shoulder.” He said a few minutes later.

“Well you’re very unobservant,” I told him sticking out my tongue. “I’ve had it for about a year now.” I explained.

“First one?”

“Second, I have another one here.” I told him motioning to my pelvis.

He just shook his head, as Luka popped in the room.

“Ready to go? What are you two doing in here?” He asked as I noticed I was still holding my pelvis.

“Charades.” I chuckled grabbing my purse as the three of us left.

“Those sunglasses.” Luka chuckled as I put on my red, heart shaped sunglasses.

“Well I didn’t want to match Niko with his Ray ban knockoff knockoffs.” I explained. “And they look cute.” I added, making him shake his head.

We spent the day out in the city, going shopping, going to lunch, and ended the day by going to the pool and the spa for a bit just in time to get back and grab dinner.

“That was fun.” I said plopping down on Luka’s bed as we all walked in.

“See how much fun you can have with us when you’re not with that jerk off.” Luka said plopping down next to me. “And I’m serious by the way go get tested.” He added.

“Aww it’s so cute when you get all defensive older brother.” I cooed giving him a hug. “So what are we doing tonight?” I asked them.

“Relaxing.” The both seemed to answer.

“That’s no fun, what if I call Vedran and see if they’re doing anything?”

“Lena we’re exhausted, we finally have a nice two days to relax and try not stress over the fact that we going to be playing one of the best teams in Europe in the finals in four days.”
Niko explained.

“Well when you put it that way.” I mumbled getting up and going to my room.

“Can we go see a movie?” I shouted in though the doorway from my bed 20 minutes later.

“None of us understand Ukrainian.” Niko and Luka shouted back in response.

“But they’re playing one in English with just the subs!”

“What is it?” Niko asked.

“Some slasher horror film, it looks pretty good.”

“Alright we’ll go.” He sighed walking in to the room.

“Victory!” I shouted jumping up and grabbing a sweater.

As we were walking out of the elevator, I saw some of the members from the Spanish team in the lobby. I was in the middle of joking with Niko about something when I saw Cristiano
talking with Iker, and Iker looking pissed off.

“Shit, shit, shit.” I mumbled hiding my face in Niko’s arm hoping neither would see me.

“Lena!” I heard that Portuguese accent ring to my ears.

“Too late.” Niko laughed.

“Does he know you’re married?” I whispered.

“My ring would probably give it away.”

“Take it off quick, and I’ll explain to Simona myself.” I told him taking his hand quickly.

“You got yourself in to this mess, Lena I’m not helping you.” He said dropping my hand.

Of course Cristiano walked right up to me and tried to kiss me but I turned my head only letting him kiss my cheek.

“Hi,” I said awkwardly.

“Iker and I were just talking about you.” He smiled widely, almost looking proud.

“Really now, and what about?” Niko pressed.

“Oh you know,” He said with a smirk. “How great she is.”

“Christ.” I sighed rubbing my forehead.

“We should be leaving, we’ll be late.” Niko said quickly.

“Nice seeing you.” I said nodding at the two of them as I left with Niko.

“It’s like the Dinamo youth squad all over again.” Niko mumbled shaking his head.

“Except you’re married.” I chuckled. “Everyone loves Luka’s baby sister.” I added.

“For the wrong reasons.” He added.

“Well” I began.

“No!” He said silencing me. “They’re the wrong reasons no matter which way you look at them.”

“Have it your way.” I said putting my hands up in defense. “But you’re buying me ice cream afterwards.”

“I can deal with that.” He assured me as we walked to the theater.

After the movie as promised Niko took me for ice cream before we walked back to the hotel.

“Are you going to the game with me tomorrow?” I asked as we walked.

“Most likely.” He nodded.

“Hopefully we can get Luka to go as well.”

Once back at the room I was in the middle of changing in to my pajamas when there was a knock at my door.

I slowly walked to the door afraid that it’d be Cristiano as well as debating whether or not to have Luka answer the door for me. However, when I opened it I was met with an unlikely surprised.

“Iker?” I asked confused, as I stepped outside of the room.

“I need to talk to you.” He told me seriously.

“Alright, give me a second.” I told him as I grabbed my key and slipped on some shoes
before coming back out again.

We went upstairs to the roof lounge, and took a seat near the edge looking over the city.

“So what’s on your mind?” I asked him casually.

“I wanted to be the one to tell you that Cristiano’s been telling everyone he’s slept with you.” He told me shaking his head as he ordered a beer.

“Great.” I said sarcastically as I looked out over the city.

“Is it true?” He asked a few minutes later.

“Does it even matter?” I asked him.

“Seeing as I was ready to shut him up myself tonight, it does.”

“Shouldn’t you be getting back you’re playing a big game tomorrow.” I told him.

“Why do you keep avoiding the question?”

“Because it’s really none of your business.”

“You did, didn’t you?”

“I didn’t say that.”

“Well you’re not saying you didn’t either.”

“I have to go.” I said getting up.

“Lena why can’t you answer me?” He exclaimed grabbing my wrist to stop me.

“I did!” I exclaimed, “I did, good night.”

“I thought you were better than that Lena.” I heard him say to me as I walked away.

Why did he care so much about the subject, it didn’t even concern him? I thought as I went back to the room.

“Lena?” Niko said as I came back in the room. “Where’d you go? I came in here to call Simona and you were nowhere to be found.”

“Nowhere important.” I said rolling my eyes as I jumped on the bed putting my face in to my pillow.

“Ronaldo?”

“The other one.” I said in to the pillow.

“What did Casillas want?”

“To ask me if what Ronaldo is saying is true or not.”

“What’d you tell him?”

“The truth.” I explained rolling on my back. “In which he said he thought I was better than that.” I groaned.

“He’s not the only one.”

“I get it okay, I shouldn’t have fucked him!” I exclaimed. “But I can understand you and Luka feeling the way you do cause he’s my brother and you and I are close but he however has no say.”

“I really don’t know what to tell you Lena. What’s done is done, these are just the repercussions you have to deal with.”

“Stop being Croatian Buddha.” I mumbled nudging him.

“Look just ignore it all, what are the chances of you ever seeing these people again?”

“You have a point.” I agreed.

“Of course I do, I’m a genius.” He chuckled getting up. “Get some sleep, night Lena.” He said kissing my forehead as he left closing the door behind him.

Of course I couldn’t sleep that night, not even a minute. I was pacing my room, why was I letting all of this get to me? I barely knew these people, and they barely knew me. In another week I’d be back home in New York getting on with my life. In mid pacing somewhere
around 3 a.m. there once again was a knock on my door.

“Seriously?” I said out loud as I went over to the door.

“Who is it?” I mumbled lowly through the door cautiously.

“Lena it’s me.” I heard the voice of the absolute last person I wanted at my door at 3 a.m. right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lena's outfit