Caught in a Bad Romance

VIII.

I nodded and went back to watching him and Luka play cards. Later on while Luka was taking a shower, and I was in my room on my laptop Niko came in my guess was to talk seeing as he closed the door behind him.

“So how’d lunch go?” He asked me in English to be super careful.

“Really nice,” I smiled, “He’s a nice guy, and him and I are going to your game together tomorrow.”

“That’ll go over well with Luka.”

“Who says he’s going to find out?” I smirked.

“You know Vedran said that was the same thing you told him last night. Apparently fate is saying Luka will find out.”

“Well, he said stay away from Ronaldo nothing about Iker.” I said sticking my tongue out.

“You know I bet if you actually didn’t do all this stuff behind his back, he probably wouldn’t care.”

“What do you mean?”

“You’d rather talk to me about guys you’re dating than your own brother.”

“You’re smarter than he is.” I told him, making him smile.

“I’m just saying,” he said getting up from my bed. “Night Lena.” He added as he headed back to his room.

“Night Niko.” I smiled looking back at my computer.

The following morning, it was colder than the day before so I wore a hoodie over my tank top
and jeans that I had on. There was no need for sunglasses so I made sure I did my make up
nicely. I was in the middle of looking for my other shoe when there was a knock on my door. I opened still with my one shoe in my hand. There once again looking amazing was Iker.

“Ready?” He asked as I let him in.

“I can’t find my shoe!” I exclaimed, causing him to chuckle.

“Can’t wear another pair?”

“I could but I really want to wear these,” I told him while I searched through my shoe bag.

“Umm Lena?” He began as I looked up to see him holding my other shoe.

“Life saver!” I smiled kissing his cheek as I slipped on my shoes. “Now I’m ready.” I smiled as we left.

Today Croatia would be playing Germany; if they beat them they’d be top of the scoring ranks. Once at the stadium, Iker and I found our seats and sat waiting for the game to start. Of course we continued our usual long and deep conversations between shouting for Croatia through out the game.

“What happens if I have to face your brother’s team?” Iker asked me during half time.

“You let them win?” I joked as I shrugged, “The better team will win.”

“Good answer.” He laughed.

To everyone’s shock, Croatia won the game. And once again that night we all went out to celebrate, the only difference this time was Iker was going with us.

“Where should I meet you?” I asked Iker as we walked back to the hotel after the game.

“I’ll get you from your room, just call me five minutes before.” He told me.

“I’ll see you tonight.” I told Iker as he walked me to my room.
I hugged him and he kissed my cheek.

“See you tonight.” He smiled as he left for the elevator.

I sat on my bed starring at my suitcase contemplating what I was going to wear. By the time Niko and Luka came back I was still outfit less. I congratulated them, and told them how I proud I was before I went back to my room to try and figure out what I was going to wear. An hour later I finally had decided on a black one shouldered top, and a pair of black tights with black heels.

“I see you finally made up your mind?” Niko laughed walking in my room while I was buckling my shoes.

“You look good Niko.” I smiled looking up at him.

“You do too Lena.” He nodded sitting next to me while I sent Iker a text.

“So Casillas is your date tonight.” He stated, shaking his head.

“He’s not my date, he’s only a friend.” I corrected.

While Niko and I talked Luka finished getting ready and a few minutes later there was a knock on my door.

“I’ll wait for you two outside.” I said as I grabbed my bag, and headed in to the hallway.

“They’ll be out soon.” I told Iker who looked stunned.

“Oh-okay” He stuttered out.

“Everything okay?” I asked him cautiously.

“Yes, everything’s fine.” He assured me as Luka and Niko came out of their room.

“Congratulations on your win today.” He added shaking both of their hands.

They both mumbled thanks as we headed upstairs to the restaurant.
Iker and I kept mainly to one another seeing as everyone at our table was speaking
Croatian; occasionally Eduardo or Niko would intervene in our conversations.

“Lena are you with this guy too now?” Vedran asked me in Croatian, while we were eating desert.

“No,” I said shaking my head.

“You know Luka I think I found the key to us beating all opposing teams.” Vedran smirked to Luka.

“Have her sleep with or blow him and Ronaldo.” Luka joked, as my eyes went wide.

“Can we not talk about this? Especially Ronaldo, I hate him!” I exclaimed.

“What was that all about?” Iker asked me while everyone was chuckling at how red my face had turned.

“Picking on me, about the whole Ronaldo thing.” I lied.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Sorry for taking forever to update, hope you enjoyed this chapter : )

Lena's Outfit