SOS: The School of Supernaturals

Bloody Vampires

Natalia ran backwards in horror, bumping into the table facing Mark's back.

Hmm. Mark. In the small part of my brain that was thinking rationally [you know, the part that was trying to tell me that sucking Natalia dry of any blood within her was a bad thing?], I wondered what Mark was thinking. And, every other person in the room.

I smirked at the obvious waves of terror rolling from Natalia's body. I took a step toward her...

"Ladies." Dean said smoothly, suddenly appearing between Natalia and I. I looked into his eyes, the ones that so obviously matched my own. "How about we save the dramatics for another time?"

Dean's eyes bored into mine. I would not like to say that even though he was saying ladies, he was staring at me. Which I did not appreciate, vampire or not.

"Back off, Dean." I said through my gritted fangs.

"Nice vampire." Dean smiled condescendingly- but I didn't miss the look of utter confusion and- dare I say it- fear in his eyes.

Then I remembered my lovely mind-reading skill- usually, I don't remember that until afterwards.

So I looked into Dean's eyes.

O Negative-

Dad's acting strangely-

Mind protection-

New girl-

Wolf-

Vampire-

Dean suddenly roared, his lips curling back over his teeth. He leant back and hunched, ready to spring at me.

"Something wrong?" I asked coolly, internally screaming at myself to run, run, run!

"What are you doing inside of my head?" Dean asked. "I said, what are you doing inside of my head?" He shouted.

I froze up [internally, of course]. Nobody- and I mean, nobody- had ever noticed anything when I'd read their mind before. Even then, I'd only got snippets from Dean; with him, it required actual effort.

Strange in itself, that.

"Nothing of interest." I replied. "Why? Does it bother you?"

That's when Dean lunged for me.

**

I know I'm only quarter vampire. Technically, the vampire genes in me should not be, in any way, as prominent as they are. They just shouldn't be.

But I can't help it.

So, when Dean lunged for me? My vampire instincts took over.

And I lunged right back.

**

"Whoa!" Mark jumped in at the last minute, and suddenly Dean and I were on opposite sides of the room. "Calm, okay? Breathe."

"Move out of the way, Marcus." Dean replied through gritted teeth, still staring at me.

"Yeah, Marcus." I said teasingly, staring right back at Dean. "Move out of the way... then again. If you do, Dean here might break a nail trying to win a losing fight." I smirked and looked at Mark and said in a fake-eerie voice; "The destiny of Dean's face lies in your hands."

Mark stared at me blankly for a moment, before shaking his head at the floor, hiding his smirk.

"Are you threatening me?" Dean asked, coming closer. Mark rolled his eyes and stood firmly between us. Brave kid. "Because I really wouldn't advise that."

"You also wouldn't advise me to take you on, right?" I asked. "Oh, well here I am." I stared at Dean, totally at ease. "Oops. I guess I'm just not that good at retaining advice."

"You don't mess with Origins." Dean told me, his lips curled back in a grim smile. He leant forward, and Mark stepped back in front of me, putting his hands out and cautioning Dean with a glare. "Especially me."

"You're right." I replied, nodding my head slowly. I rest my head on Mark's shoulder, so I was closer to Dean's face. "So... what are you doing messing with me?"

Okay, so obviously, I said that quietly enough for only Dean and Mark [though with Mark, it was sort of accidental, seeming as if I was to say something, it'd have to go right past his ear] to be able to hear. But, you know. Supernaturals. Excellent hearing. Nosy bastards.

So, when Dean's entourage suddenly appeared at Dean's side? It was hardly surprising. Nor was it that they were staring at me in wonder – though, obviously, they somehow made it look callous.

Only vampire origins. God, they were into image. Sad, really. Maybe because they were the most feared by humans? So they had to look good in front of everybody else to boost their low self esteem?

Supernaturals were still secret; but cracks were starting to show. Soon, people were going to notice... so, all of us had gelled together and decided to blend in. SOS was hidden in an island by the name of Syros, somewhere so remote in the world, that it still remained free from tourists and over-expensive Starbucks [don't worry, though. We had a Starbucks. And a mall, and a cinema and everything else we could need... but it was all hidden by charms. Charms and strong magic that also kept the island looking beautifully remote and dangerous to passersby].

You didn't need to superpowers to know basic vampire psychology. Despite what everybody thought.

"Dean." The white-haired comb-over kid that – despite who he hung out with- I had an inner-gut feeling wasn't a vampire, put his hand on Dean's shoulder, speaking calmly. "Let us go. The hybrid is not worth it."

Yeah. He sounded more British vampire than Dean ever would. Dean glared at me one last time, before allowing his friends to pull him quietly out of the canteen.

"Wait a second." I said loudly and incredulous. "Did he just call me a hybrid?!"

I went to follow the path the Vamps had chosen, but Mark grabbed my shoulder... I felt my teeth sink back into my gums slightly and my venom fizzle away on my tongue.

"Let it go, Ray." Mark sighed. The bell then rang, signalling for class to resume. Had my stand-off with Dean really lasted that long? God. I'd probably looked like some sad freak mooning at his eyes. "Come on; we've got class."

Then I let myself be dragged away, glaring at Natalia as she disappeared into the crowd.
♠ ♠ ♠
I could not be damn bothered to do the CSS for this chapter. Sorry, guys!

ANOTHER apology for how long it's taken me to update, too. I know, I know, I suck. Truth be told, I just updated the fifth chapter of this on another site and I keep forgetting I have a Mibba account/my password/username. But hopefully I'll remember now! :)

Quick thing; I've been getting a lot of messages from my readers, asking me to update and stuff. WHICH IS AWESOME, do not get me wrong. But I've decided to make a new Twitter specifically for the purpose of keeping my readers happy, as opposed to my private Twitter... So if any of you guys are interested, hit me up at: http://www,twitter.com/author_hannah. I have TweetDeck, so you can bug me anytime :)

Well... That's about it! Comment and I may even post the next two chapters up today and tomorrow ;)

Love you all!
hen_bee x