Status: Active

Misguided Ghost

Clarity.

Bridget didn’t want to take any chances and stayed away from big towns. But she was not sure how to find her way when she got to the Amazonas rain forest. It was impossible to retrace the route she had traveled on a wolf’s back two years ago. They were only fuzzy human memories.

Hunting made the time pass. The variety of animals were greater here than in North-America. Panthers and jaguars, hunters as well, making them even tastier. Bridget heard a noise behind her and let the cat slide to the ground. She was on guard. No heart beat was heard, which meant it could only be a vampire.

She let out a hiss. “Show yourself.”
Zafrina walked away from the big three hiding her and stared at the familiar, young girl with worried eyes. “Little Bee,” She said silently and stepped closer to take a hold of Bridget’s blood covered hands. “What have happened to you?”

Bridget stared up at Zafrina for a second before she crashed herself against the wild looking vampire she had known for ages. Zafrina wrapped her arms around Bridget instinctively and whispered soothing words and Bridget experienced for the first time what another vampire felt like. The previously familiar marble skin had turned soft and warm.

She felt like crying.
“I did not think you changing would happen this early,” Zafrina said in her heavily accented voice.
“I stabbed myself, giving them no choice,” Bridget told her and straightened up. She wiped her face before wiping her hands on the ruined dress.
“What are you doing here?”
“I didn’t know where else I could go,” Bridget glanced at Zafrina pleadingly.
“You are always welcome here, Bridget,” Zafrina placed her hand on Bridget’s arm and showed her a picture of her staying with Zafrina’s coven.

Bridget was stunned by the clarity of it, but she flinched when she noticed Chase in the outskirts of the picture.
Zafrina removed her hand and gave Bridget a kind smile.
Bridget returned the smile. “I’m not sure how long I can stay.”
“Let us talk about it back in our house, little Bee.”

They ran in the direction Zafrina had come from but Bridget struggled not to run too far ahead of the older vampire; Bridget hadn’t realized how fast she had been running when she was on her own.

The house was just the same from Bridget’s fuzzy memory and it still held the same persons. They were thrilled to see her, but at the same time hesitant as to why she came alone and was reluctant to talk about her transformation, her family and what her plans were.

Becca was overjoyed to see her friend again, and happy that she didn’t smell as tempting anymore. The two girls were out on a hunt when Bridget started asking about her brother.

“I don’t know where he is, Bri. He hasn’t been here for ages, no one wants him here and they only accept him because he’s Blaze’s closest friend. Blaze would know where he is.”
Bridget nodded to herself.
“Have you forgiven him for killing the girl at your wedding?” Becca asked hesitantly.

“Of course not; nor have I forgiven him for almost killing my daughter and threatening me and my son.”
“He really did that?” Becca jumped down from the low branch and took a hold of Bridget’s hand. “I had no idea.”
“Chase is a murderer, a killer; he is sadistic with what he is. He has lost all humanity and need to be removed,” She replied coldly.

“And you are going to do that… Bri…”
“I had to leave my children and I had to leave Embry, this is the least I could do to make his job to keep them safe easier.”
“But Chase is a lot older than you and he is a more experienced fighter. There is no way I’m letting you even try to do anything,” She crossed her arms across her chest.

“I know he is, but I’m gifted, Becca, and I can be just as sadistic with my strength and power as he is with just existing. I can kill him in just the blink of an eye.”
“What’s your gift?” Becca jumped in excitement.
Bridget shook her head. “I’ll show another time, Becca. Would you do me a favor and go get Blaze? I need to ask him something. But don’t come back with him, I don’t want to drag you down with me.”

“No, show me!” Becca grinned.
Bridget stared down at the lower girl with intense blood red eyes. “Go tell Blaze to come, Becca.”
Becca’s eyes widened but she turned around and was gone in an instant.

Bridget fell to her knees on the dirty ground and buried her face in her hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe :)

~ BreeVixen