Status: Complete

Delude

Red

“Ah, Abigail,” said Noah pleasantly. He shifted my position in his arms as I followed his gaze. I watched a second pair of honey-colored eyes narrow.

“Where’s Evan?” she asked, stepping toward us. “And what are you doing with her?”

“Helping,” Noah said, smiling. “Your dear master is down the hall, but I’m afraid he won’t be much use to you right now.”

“What did you do?”

“Get out of our way,” Nixon said, coming up beside us. “Our confrontation is not with you, Abby.”

Abigail smirked, raised her hand, and extended a finger. Nixon’s body shot back, like Jade’s had, and he was sent into the corner of the wall we had just come around. He hit it with such force that I thought he broke something, but he just lay in a heap on the floor.

“Bitch!” I hissed at her. Then to Noah, “Let me go. I’m going to rip her apart.”

“Let her down. I want to see her try and take me.”

A heinous smile unfurled across her face as I was placed on my feet. I didn’t even feel myself take a breath as I collided with her and slammed my fist into her face. I didn’t care that I heard something crack.

Behind me, Noah’s voice was muffled. I assumed he was doing commentary but I couldn’t hear him; all I heard was the blood pouring in my ears and the crunching of bone as I continued to break Abigail’s face.

Red stained my vision as I slammed her head into the floor. I didn’t remember knocking her down or gripping her collar, but here I was, my hands now itching to wrap around her throat. When she started crying, blood flowing down her pale face, I came to my senses and let go; her head lolled to one side and she lay still.

Hands fell against my shoulder, startling me. I blinked as tears formed and looked away from what I had done. Warmth enveloped me and I smelled familiar cologne. I had been around him long enough to know his scent.

“It’s okay,” Noah whispered. “Casey, come on. We have to get Nixon somewhere safe.”

“Nowhere is safe,” I mumbled against his chest, drawing in shaky breaths.

“Yes there is,” he said, brushing the hair from my face. “I can take you home. You, Nixon, and your mother can all go home.”

I moved my head to stare at him, his eyes warm. He cupped my cheek and pressed his lips into my hair, and I thought I felt his body tremble against mine.

“We can’t leave,” I said. “He’ll come after us.”

“I can stop him,” Noah promised. “I just need a good distraction, then I can--”

But he never got to finish his sentence. His body jerked into the air so fast that the tips of his hair touched the base of his spine. When he cried out in pain, he was thrown into the ceiling.

As I stood up, I felt something trickle into my hair, and onto the skin of my temple.

Noah’s blood was on my face.

I didn’t look up as I watched Evan walk forward out of the hallway that seemed to cradle the darkness. He was frowning, but his eyes glinting. He reached a hand out and gripped my chin roughly.

“Look at the mess you’ve made.” He clicked his tongue and looked up. “I think I’m going to break your doll permanently, piece by piece.”

Noah’s eyes widened but he couldn’t do anything.

“I’m tired of these games,” he said, his eyes narrowed at me. His other hand wrapped around my wrist and I closed my eyes.

Then he broke it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't want that to happen to me.
Comment & Subscribe, please.