One Heart

Simple, Sweet Annoyances

Nathalie's POV

Planning a wedding is no easy thing to do. Other than selecting things like colours or what courses to serve to the guests I told Chloe I would handle it all as after all, she did do basically my whole wedding, and I was the Maid of Honour. However she had the help of Val and the rest of the girls. I didn't. My stubborn personality and pride decided to shine through at this moment and told her I would do everything myself, and right now, me, myself and I wasn't coping well.

“Yes, that arrangement sounds fantastic, thank you,” I said, finishing the call. I flicked through the folder I had kept which had all the wedding plans in it and rang my fifth number of the day; this time being the cake maker. “Hello, I'm calling about a wedding cake ordered for the 31st? The to-be Mr. and Mrs Baker, that's right...”

After at least an hour on the phone discussing each and every detail I placed my cell on the side, crossing my arms across the breakfast bar where I was sitting and resting my head upon them, closing my eyes.

“Why don't you ask one of the girls to help you out?” I opened my eyes slightly as Brian took a seat beside me, gently tucking my hair behind my ear. “You shouldn't push yourself like this. You are going to burn yourself out.” He sighed. “Or at least go get some sleep. I can't remember the last time you slept beside me.”

“Are you trying to imply something?”

He didn't get the joke, still looking as worried as ever. “When was the last time you gave yourself an hour?”

I shrugged, jokingly commenting, “I got ice cream a few days ago.”

“That doesn't count; we took Rae to the beach and you were only there for a few minutes before going off to the flower shop,” he pointed out. “Nat, I'm not going to lie. I'm worried about you. Have you seen yourself lately?”

“Just because I didn't decide to put mascara on this morning isn't reason for you to say I look ugly,” I said, stifling a yawn with the back of my hand. “I thought you loved me the way I-” My cell cut me off as it started ringing again but Brian quickly snatched it from me, answering it himself. I tried to take it back from him, but he only turned away.

“Brian!”

“I'm terribly sorry; she's not here at the moment. Yes, I'll be sure to tell her. Okay, thank you.” After finishing he turned my cell off, tucking it in his back pocket so I couldn't do anything about it. Every time I tried to reach for it he merely twisted away, and that game got old pretty fast.

“Brian!” I whined, trying to duck round him to get my cell but my fingers only just about brushed against it before he turned away. “Come on, I need to get this sorted! Who was it?” He smirked, but said nothing. “Brian!”

He shrugged. “Why should I tell you? You didn't say it nicely.”

“You're such a bitch Brian,” I huffed, storming out of the kitchen. Brian caught me just as I got to the front room, showing no guilt whatsoever for taking my cell and offering a grin instead. I tried to tug my wrist from his grip but nothing happened; so I finally just relented and turned back to him with an exasperated sigh. “What do you want? You've already taken my cell, so what are you going to do next? Strap me to a chair?”

“Sounds like a good idea.” He swiftly bent down and threw me over his shoulder, holding me in place with one arm as he walked over to the front room and pushed the door open, dropping me on the couch before slumping down next to me. Brian even went as far as to place his legs across my lap as he stretched out; flicking through the television channels without a care in the world.

“Brian.” No answer. “Brian.” Nothing. “BRIAN GET THE FUCK OFF ME AND GIVE ME MY CELL!”

He answered me this time, but not in a way I expected. “Yeah about that... no.”

My eyes narrowed. “Why the fuck not?”

“Because I said so.”

“Don't 'because I said so' me,” I snarled. “Give me my cell back. Don't make me repeat myself.”

“Then don't,” Brian replied. “Stop asking.”

There was no point in arguing because I could see he wasn't going to let in, so I reached over the side and grabbed my laptop from the floor. If I couldn't make the calls that I needed to, then I could at least sort out some other things. However Brian didn't let me have this either, soon taking that from me as well and returning it to the floor out of my grasp. I threw my hands up in annoyance.

“Are you going to let me do any work tonight?”

“Nope.”

“Fine.” I pushed his legs off me and stood up. “I'm going to bed then.”

He stood up next to me, switching off the television. “I'll join you.”

“You know it's only like eight, right?”

He smiled. “It doesn't matter what the time is, if it is time I can spend with you, then that's fine with me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
No update yesterday as I was far too busy getting squished in the mosh pits in London with my friend xD