Swing Into My Heart

Understand

The black-haired pulls out a black, flat rock.

“This is a record.” He points to the thing.
“That is a record-player. It plays what’s on the records.” I make an ‘oh’-face, but honestly; I don’t understand. How can something play something off a rock?

He puts the black rock – or the record – onto the player thingy and takes the thingy’s arm and places it on the rock. The rock starts spinning.

Suddenly sound comes out of the trunk. I jump back.

“Don’t worry. It’s supposed to do that.” I raise my eyebrows in surprise and steps closer to the odd thingy with the sounds. It sounds like when you blow into a rotten leaf formed as a cone. It sounds horrible.
“Do you like it?” I look at the black rock as it spins around. I try following it, but it only makes me dizzy.

I close my eyes and step back. He laughs at me.

Suddenly I fall and land on something. When I open my eyes, I’m looking up at the sky. The guys coughs and I bounce. I giggle.

I turn around on top of him to face him. He smiles at me.

“You’re cute.” After he says it, we both frown.

“What’s ‘cute’?” I’ve never heard that word before.

“Uhm,” he says hesitantly as he starts blushing. I shift around a bit – maybe I’m blocking his airways or something.
“It means, like, uhm.” I tilt my head and wait. It must be a hard word.

I frown. I don’t like hard words.

“Adorable?”

I ‘oh’ and smile.

“Like a baby!” He frowns quickly, but then laughs.

“Yeah. Kind of.” I giggle a bit, but I quickly stop.

“You think I’m a baby?” He stops laughing.

“Oh, no. I mean.” He sighs. He looks away and blushes some more. I shift around on top of him again. He bites his lip.
“I like you.” His voice is very low, but very sweet.

“I like you too!” I smile widely down at him. He keeps looking away – blushing like mad. He looks like a baboon’s butt. I giggle.

I jump off of him and look around. The funny sounds are still playing, but I’m getting bored by them.

“Come on,” I say and reach down to grab his hand and pull him up. He squeals.
“Let me show you the jungle!” I grab him around the waste, run over to a liana and swing us away and into the deep, deep jungle that I grew up in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for subscribing! I can't wait to get this story on the road!
Or... I can't wait to get this story on the...jungle-path?

And yes, softspoken was right: the black rock and the odd snail-formed elephant's trunk that schreeches like a mouse is a record and a record player. =D

Now, some of you might at some point think - or have already thought - "Frank speaks English?"
And yes; he does. The whole language barrier thingy would just be too much work and bring too much confusion.