Swing Into My Heart

Home

My way home is through the jungle and it feels lonely. I wish Gerard could come home with me. Everything he says is so fascinating. Like when he told me about this thing called New Turkey-

No. That’s not right.

Anyway, he told me about this place far, far away. I could never imagine leaving this place, but I definitely wanna learn more about this place. The way he described it was so vivid and exciting. I could listen to him talk all night.

But he had to go with Bert – his fi-

Something.

I hate not knowing what his words mean. I want him to teach me them all!

I just wanna talk with him. All the time.

I let go of the last liana and land hard on the porch to my tree-house. I share it with Bob. Ray wants to live up here too, but he’s too heavy and afraid of heights.

“Stop doing that, you little fuck!” Bob yells from inside and I grin at him, but wipe it off my face when I walk inside.

“What?” I ask dumb and walk over to the food closet. I pull out a coconut, close the closet, take the knife that’s hanging from a string on the wall and open the coconut with one, hard stab.

When I turn around to face Bob, he’s just glaring at me.

I accidentally grin.

Bob smiles in triumph.

“Where is Ray? I didn’t see him downstairs.” Ray is usually in his usual spot underneath his usual sleepy-tree. Bob smirks and looks down at the book in his hand. He’s obviously not reading a single word, since his eyes are completely still and his lips aren’t moving.

He’s not very good at reading. He thinks it’s better to silently read out loud. All it does is make him look retarded.

But hey; he can read, which is more than I can say for myself.

“He’s down by the riverbank.” My eyes widen and I stop midst-drinking my coconut.

“What?” I laugh.

Bob just shrugs and smirks wider.

“He finally got Sara to go out with him?” Bob nods quickly and I laugh loud out of joy.
“Go Ray!” I yell out and grin along with Bob. I go toward my room, still laughing, but as soon as I close my door, my face drops.

I drag my feet over to my hammock and drop my heavy body into it. It swings back and forth as I lie still and stare up at the moving ceiling.

I feel alone. I have for a long time now, but today; I forgot.

Until I got home, that is.

I don’t wanna be alone anymore. Bob has Mia and now Ray has Sara. I’ve always been the loner; the single one; the one who’s never been in love.

I think the latter changed today.
♠ ♠ ♠
Why, yes softspoken. He lives in a tree house! =D

I kinda wanted to name the girlfriends of Ray and Bob something else - something more jungly. But I couldn't think of anything. Jungle-names isn't really my forte.
Is it yours?
It could be a competition?
I'd mention you name in my A/N? =D