Status: active

Mattress Love

And the winner is

"You should go talk to her."
"Why should I?"
"Because you're the one who screwed up." Jyrki stated in a matter of fact way as he sat on Jussi's couch waiting for the man to finish his spiked hairstyle before they would leave in the limousine to the YLE award show.

"She knew the terms when we broke up and when we got to rebound sex. I didn't do anything wrong!" He yelled and dipped his hands in the jar with gel and turned his hair in an upward spike, making sure it stayed up. The hours of work he had to put into his hairdo. Thank god he was a beauty queen and didn't mind taking the time to look pretty.
"That's just it Jussi. No matter what she says I know you broke up with her and don't try to say otherwise," Jyrki warned, "and that means you can't make up the terms. With break ups there are only 2 options. 1. You break up, you pack your stuff and stop seeing each other and when you run into each other everything will be very awkward. Or 2. You separate as friends and stop seeing each other. You two on the other hand invented option number 3. Announce a big break up but stay together and don't take it too close with the rules of monogamy."

Jyrki was very sure he heard Jussi chuckle and then there was silence and Jussi came out of the bathroom in his fishnet shirt, a leather jacket and pants... surprise there. Jyrki at least knew that leather wasn't always part of the dress code.
"So you think I should act first?" Jyrki looked at his best friend before putting on his dark aviator glasses and his icy blues had said it all.
The two men left Jussi's apartment and took the elevator only to stop 1 floor down and step out.

"Try to act civil? It's a big night for her." Jyrki warned him before he knocked on my door.
I looked around once more to see if I had everything including my backstage pass. Once sure I walked to the door and opened it. A month ago I would've greeted the two along the lines of my two favourite men but clearly that wasn't going to work this time around.

"Boys, let's keep it fun okay?" I said, my words directed towards Jussi as I pecked Jyrki on the cheek. I tried to ignore one pair of eyes that was looking me over. I knew both men were taking me in. I could feel exactly where Jussi's eyes were roaming, he always had this intensive stare when looking me over, unfortunately they kept hovering.
"You look beautiful" Jyrki said and I smiled. "Okay so besides The Eyes, any one else joining us in the limousine?"

"Ville and the gang wanted to drive separately." I nodded and stepped into the elevator. I tried my hardest not to remark on Jussi's attire or to give in to the state of attraction I seemed to find myself in upon seeing his naked flesh. It had been a while... I hadn't had a man after the whole ordeal with Jussi in the bar and that had been nearly a month ago.
I mentally slapped myself for my weakness and stepped into the limo, greeting everyone.
"So...nervous for tonight?" Jussi asked me, trying to make small talk seeing as everyone else was talking to each other. For one, I was surprised he'd actually talk to me, but then again his stubbornness can only last so long, especially when he was forced to sit next to me. The others conveniently had sat down somewhere else. It was a giant limo and still there wasn't any other space available to sit. These boys really were from hell.
"A little." I said monotonously . I was being a hypocrite, telling him to play nice and here I am deliberately pissing him off.
"You'll do great." He said again.
"Thanks." I said confused and decided to humour him, "I'm more nervous about announcing than having the possibility of getting a heartagram branded on my ass or something." Jussi chuckled.
"The bet with Ville. What are you going to have him do when he loses?"
"Have him run around on stage naked before the show ends." I said smiling broadly and looking at him. Jussi looked back and smiled too.

Apparently our little moment didn't go by unnoticed. Jyrki smiled secretively before he answered Archzie about the after party that was hosted in some club after the awards show.

When we arrived there were camera's everywhere. Bright flashes went off from every direction and did their best in trying to blind nearly every person on the red carpet. I know this seems strange but I was actually very excited about all this even if my nerves were knotting together in my stomach and pushing upwards. This was going to be my first red carpet entrance, basically because I never went with Jussi to any fancy party, I wasn't cut out for these things. Now I wished that I had actually gone with him. I was cursing myself for making a fuss about the same things I told Anette I wouldn't, because they were meaningless.

"The trick is to keep smiling and always flirt with any camera you see. Also try to not look directly at a flash or your eyesight will be troubled and that won't give pretty pictures." Jussi said, leaning into my ear and I looked at him.
"So that's your secret" I smirked, we all knew that Jussi loved the attention. He simply chuckled. "I can't help it the camera loves me." and there was his cocky self again, frankly I missed that bastard.

We got out, Screams from fans without tickets, waiting at the entrance, hoping to catch a glance from their favourite celebrities met my ears and the minute we stepped out bright lights were focused on us.
I elegantly placed my foot on the red carpet, I had put on my best all stars because I knew I wouldn't survive the night in high heels. Jussi helped me out and I blinked my eyes and mustered my best smile. He seemed hesitant to place his hand on the small of my back, but I made the decision for him by stepping aside so the rest of The Eyes could make their entrance. Jyrki placed his hand on my back and Archzie did the same on the left side of me. The photographers were shouting their names, praying they would smile for a picture and so the guys broke loose from our group and scattered themselves on the length of the carpet.

A hand touched my back, Jussi's touch was familiar, "Just smile" he said and I smiled at everyone and no one at the same time.
I was glad when we reached the inside of the building. Unfortunately I was greeted by the same bright flashes.

"Lyyli!" Someone yelled and I looked around to find one of YLE's famous faces walking over to me, a video camera hot on her trail and a mic in her hand. I preferred to run but seemed frozen on the spot.
"I'm standing here with Lyyli from YLE x radiostation. Lyyli how are you? It's your first Award while being at YLE right? How does it feel."
"I'm fine thank you and yes it is, and honestly it's all so overwhelming I mean I think I'm partially blind not to mention deafened by all the screams."

"I can imagine, so how do you feel about your nominee for Hottest Voice of 2007?"
"I'm nominated for that?" I asked confused, what was she on about?
"Haha, Lyyli you're so funny." She said, brushing off my ignorance as a joke, "I saw you entering with The 69 Eyes. Which one is your personal friend?" she hinted in a fake voice. At that moment I decided I didn't like her.
"Actually I'm flying solo tonight. The guys are great friends of mine and they offered me a ride. Saves me a limo bill."
"Of course," she agreed with a broad smile. I bet I wasn't going to be the only one whose cheeks would hurt at the end of the night.

"You will be handing out the award for best national album. Who do you think will win?"
"Well I hope HIM with Venus Doom."
"Yes I heard about some bet? What were the stakes?"
"Well... I had to get a tattoo and Ville would have to run around on stage naked so I hope everyone voted for HIM if they don't want to miss out on a wonderful sight."
"Well we wouldn't want to miss that, Lyyli thanks for this interview and have fun tonight."
"You too Kaarina" She nodded and moved on to the next person that entered.

"So how did that go?" Jussi asked me after I had walked back to him, seeing as I couldn't find any of the other guys.
"She seemed fake." I said and Jussi looked back around, "Oh she is. Collagen, breast and buttocks implants. I even think she had something done to her nose as well." I looked at him with furrowed brow.
"How do you know all that?" and the minute I asked I regretted it because he looked at me smiling smugly, "They didn't feel real at that time. I'm going to get something to drink."
The minute Jussi left Jyrki was standing next to me, giving me the fright of my life when his deep voice suddenly met my ears.

"You and Jussi seem cosy."
"Dammit Jyrki, you frightened me. And it's not what you think. It's a special occasion, we both can act civil when it turns to appearance. Lets go sit, shall we?"

"And now please give a warm welcome to two of your favourite YLE x radio hosts Ismo and Lyyli!" Anne-Mari Announced us somewhere halfway through the show. We both laughed as we walked to the centre of the stage when we heard the crowd scream their lungs out of their bodies. The adrenaline pumped in my body and I got a sneak peek at how the guys must feel whenever they would make their way onto the stage to play for their fans. A wave of jealousy washed over me as I realised exactly how many times the guys could feel this feeling , how they could enjoy it over and over again. I guess that's why most artist find it fun to perform.

"Are we having some fun?" Ismo screamed into the 2 microphones on the stand. He never liked the fuss around all the big events but when the day came he acted like a child on Christmas morning. He enjoyed this and I couldn't blame him.
"Aw come on, this is Lyyli's first time for a live audience so show her what you can do. Is everybody having fun?!" he yelled again and I tried to look into the crowd and it was almost impossible with all the stage lights blinding me. But the minute my ears heard the screams of all those people in the venue my heart skipped a beat and my eyes weren't needed.
"That's what I was talking about. So Lyyli you have now been devirgined, was it as good for you as it was for me?" he asked and wiggled his brows I chuckled.
"You guys are amazing. But before Ismo is going to tell you about his sex life, lets find out who the nominees are for Best National Album of 2007"

I turned around and looked at the bands appearing on the screen. Ismo leaned down and whispered in my ear, "It's silly how they scream for every little thing and you wished you knew about my sex life." I grinned at him and he winked at me. Ismo is a very attractive guy, unfortunately for every single girl under the age of 25 because he's already married and I even think Marie is carrying his first child.
"So Lyyli who's the lucky winner?" Ismo sure was giving me the enjoyment of a first time.
"Well I can't exactly see through an envelope now can I?"
"Then open it." He whined and jumped up and down, the crowd was laughing. I looked around, "Okay who gave him sugar? But anyway we're pissing some people off by stalling. The winner of best national album is... NIGHTWISH with Dark Passion Play!" I screamed. The band walked up to the stage, of course slapping some hands on their way to us and after their speech we all walked backstage where a picture was taken apparently for the stations photo album- and after we were allowed to go back to our seats.

"You can stop shaking now, it's over." Archzie laughed when he saw my hands trembling from the adrenaline that was still coursing through me. "It's the damn excitement. I mean how crazy is this. All those people screaming to see you I'm very jealous when you have to perform now." I said and pouted and leaned back in my seat.
"Yeah it really does excites us, it gives us an extra reason to give it our all." He said grinning and I smiled broadly.
"So when can I taint that pretty skin of yours?" Ville asked me as he hunched down next to me. I groaned.

"Damn it and I was really convinced you guys would win. Anette won't be happy, she was expecting your naked ass in full view on tv." Ville rose his brow.
"That was your aspect of humiliating me? Running around naked on the stage?"
"Yes but while performing. No quick run from one side to the other. But alas... how about tomorrow before the show?"
"Alright, I'll come to pick you up and by the way you're looking very beautiful love." I smiled and he pecked me on the cheek before he returned to his own table.

"Unfortunately we have come to our final award." Veli said and everyone awwwed
"It's the award you were able to choose throughout the whole show. We just received the winner in this envelope and Anne -Mari would you please open the envelope and tell us who can be called The Hottest Voice of 2007?
But of course Veli. Here are the nominees once more." And this time they were filming the faces of the nominees in the venue. When the camera was focused on me I was just sipping of my wine. I quickly swallowed, placed the glass down and smiled. Earning some snickers from the guys next to me, who I efficiently nudged between the ribs.
"And the winner is... Lyyli Saari." Upon hearing my name I stopped laughing with something Jyrki said and I just sat there staring in disbelief and looking oddly enough like a goldfish.
Jyrki nudged me and I stood up and walked to the stage, accepted the award and kissed and walked to the stand with the microphones.

"Wow... I mean. Are you guys crazy? I... I really don't know what to say. Thanks. I appreciate this a lot. Who would've thought my first award show and I can already take one home. Really you guys thank you so much. But before I leave can you do one more little thing for me? Scream at the top of your lungs because HIM is coming up next! Have a great night!" I yelled and walked back stage with deafening screams filling my ears.

"Well you heard Lyyli, as final act for this years awards here is HIM!"
Another series of screams followed and I had finally managed to get back to my table where Bazie immediately took the award out of my hands saying something along the lines of 'How on earth can she win an award and we get to go home empty handed.'
When the tunes of Passion Killing Floor sound I looked up and sat back in my seat enjoying the music and forgetting all about tomorrow. Things were almost perfect tonight. And while thinking that thought I couldn't help but glance at Jussi, who was staring right back at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
this was a really long one, thanks for sticking out so far ^^