Status: Completed! Check out Part Two!

Lima Loser.

FIFTEEN;

The Glee rehearsal ended shortly after. I was walking across the school parking lot, when Puck stopped me. “Do you have a ride home?” he asked.

“My mom’s making me meet her at the corner store, but it’s only two blocks away, so yeah, I’ve got a ride,” I told him.

“Aww,” he pouted. “I was going to ask if you wanted to come over to Finn’s house with me for a while. We’re gonna rock out, and your voice would make it complete.”

“Thanks,” I chuckled. “But I should probably get home and work on finding a song for tomorrow.”

“Alright,” Puck shrugged, but I could tell that he was kind of bummed. “Well, maybe some other time, right?”

“Sure,” I smiled and continued walking. But then I thought about it. It wouldn’t take me all night to find a song, and a rock out session sounded pretty freakin’ awesome, in my opinion. So, I turned back around. “Wait!”

Puck was almost at Finn’s car, but he heard me and stopped.

“I think I’ll take you up on that offer!” I called out.

“Well, come on!” he motioned for me to come over.

I walked towards the car, and took out my cell phone, so I could call my mom. She picked up and I let her know that I wouldn’t be meeting her at the corner store, because I was going out with friends. She was happy that I’d made friends, so she didn’t argue.

I got into the backseat of Finn’s car. “Your car smells nice,” was the first words I said to him.

He laughed. “Thanks.”

“Really, it’s not often I come across a car belonged to a MALE that smells decent.”

“Well, I’m not your average male,” Finn shrugged.

“What he means by that is, he doesn’t have the average male penis,” Puck cut in.

Finn playfully punched him in the arm. “He’d know, right?”

“Obviously,” I grinned. “Are you guys always like this?”

“Basically,” Puck nodded.

“Good to know,” I said, honestly. It was pretty entertaining.

We arrived at Finn’s house a few minutes later. We all got out of his car and headed inside, where a middle-aged brunette woman was waiting. She was in the kitchen, cutting up vegetables, and didn’t look up at us as she spoke. “Finn, I told you to pick me up some orange juice on your way home.”

“Sorry, mom. I totally forgot,” he apologized. “I’ve got company, so can I just pick it up when they leave?”

His mom then looked up. “Hello, Noah.” She walked over to us. “And who do we have here?”

“That’s Courtney, remember? I told you that she transferred to McKinley High last week,” Finn explained. “She’s a great singer.”

“Oh, yes! I remember you mentioned something about that a few nights ago. Hello, Courtney. It’s nice to meet you,” she shook my hand.

“Ditto,” I smiled. What a nice lady.

She turned back to Finn. “Yeah, you can pick the O.J up later.”

“Alright,” Finn agreed. “Let’s head downstairs.”

We followed him down into what I called the basement, which was basically the same as mine. It was just a big open space to fool around in. Finn’s basement was a bit bigger than mine, and his was filled with old used furniture, and his drum set.

“Sorry about the mess,” he kicked a few things out of the way. “My mom’s kind of a pack rat.”

“It’s all good,” I told him. As if my house was any better.

Puck flopped down on one of the couches, and Finn went directly to his drum set. I sat on a kick back chair.

“So,” Finn started playing a short beat on his drums. “Any ideas for the school dance?”

Puck and I both shrugged, and then I spoke up. “I was thinking of having one upbeat rock song, one sappy song, and one hip-hop/R&B song. Everyone will be happy then, y’know?” I shrugged.

“Yeah, that’s true,” Finn agreed. “I’m all for rock, and I know how Rachel and Kurt like their sappy show tunes. And Mercedes will seriously rip our heads off if she doesn’t get her ‘chocolate thunder’ music.”

“Exactly,” Puck put his hands behind his head. “Good call, Court.”

“So, do you guys just wanna jam for now, and maybe we’ll figure something out?” I suggested.

“Sounds good. Got a song?” Finn asked.

“Sure I do,” I gave him a ‘duh’ look, and Puck went over to pick up a random guitar that I’d guessed belonged to Finn. I admired him for being able to drum and play guitar.

I told them the song that we were going to play, and Finn knew it, but Puck didn’t. It was a duet song, so I needed someone to sing with me, and I guessed that person would have to be Finn. Puck went upstairs to print off the music he’d have to follow along to. He was pretty quick at learning, so he’d basically just have to look over the sheet a few times.

When he came back down, he had the music in hands. “I really want to sing this with you,” he looked sad.

“But you don’t know the tune or anything,” I argued. “And Finn is pretty familiar with it, so let’s give him a try. Plus, I haven’t sung with him before.”

“Fine,” Puck huffed and sat down on the couch with the guitar.

Finn and I went to the middle of the room and waited for Puck’s intro. He finally began after a bit of hesitation, and Finn and I started our lovely first duet. Finn began with the first verse.

Finn:
“Hey, darling. I hope you're good tonight.
And I know you don't…don't like when I'm leaving.
Yeah, I want it, but no, I don't need it.
Tell me something sweet to get me by.
'Cause I can't come back home 'til they're singin'…
La, la la la, la la la
'Til everyone is singin’”

“If you can wait 'til I get home…
Then I swear to you that we can make this last.”


Puck:
“(La la la)”

Finn:
“If you can wait 'til I get home…
Then I swear come tomorrow, this will all be in our past.
It might be for the best.”


Me:
“Hey sweetie, I need you here tonight.
And I know that you don't wanna be leaving.
Yeah, you want it, but I can't help it.
I just feel complete when you're by my side.
But I know you can't come home 'til they're singin'…
La, la la la, la la la.”


Finn:
'Til everyone is singin'
La, la la la, la la la.”

“If you can wait 'til I get home…
Then I swear to you that we can make this last.”


Puck:
“(La la la)”

Finn:
“If you can wait 'til I get home…
Then I swear come tomorrow, this will all be in our past.
It might be for the best.”


Me:
“You know you can't give me what I need.
And even though you mean so much to me,
I can’t wait through everything.”


Finn:
“Is this really happening?
I swear I'll never be happy again.
And don't you dare say we can just be friends.
I'm not some boy that you can sway.”


Finn and I together:
“We knew it'd happen eventually!”

Finn:
“La, la la la, la la la
Now everybody's singin'
La, la la la, la la la
Now everybody's singin'”


Puck:
“(If you can wait 'til I get home)”

Finn:
“La, la la la, la la la
Now everybody's singin'”


Puck:
“(Then I swear we can make this last)”

Finn:
“La, la la la, la la la
Now everybody's singin'”


Finn, Puck and I:
“If you can wait 'til I get home,
then I swear we can make this last.”


The song was over, and I felt pretty great. I have to admit, though, it would have gone over a hell of a lot better if Quinn Fabray hadn’t been standing in the doorway of the basement the whole time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Music:
If It Means A Lot To You - A Day To Remember

Alright! I managed to scrounge up a chapter today. (: Yayyy.